Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    (Pike County)

Default Re: What did you reload today?

Finished up the last prepped 9mm cases I have on my bench (around 200). 5.2gr of Power Pistol under 124gr. Bayou coated. PF136.

Next up, starting to load .40 - for USPSA I am switching to Limited next year. If I have to reload to shoot, I am shooting major power factor ;->

(Washington County)

Scruff if we cross paths I have some .40 brass I*ll give you.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by JoshIronshaft View Post
    Scruff if we cross paths I have some .40 brass I*ll give you.
    Thanks Josh, but I just bought a bunch of used nickel-plated S&W, so I'm all set.

I just bought this today - a Hornady Lock N Load AP press for the unbelievable price of 80 bucks. I figured it was a good bet even though there were parts missing. The seller listed it on Rennug after getting it in an auction lot. It has 45 ACP dies and shell plate, and it's set up for large primers.

I took it home and checked it out. I got the jammed primer cam and slide working, and lubricated the ram and powder measure linkages. The press indexes and ejects, and the powder measure cycles. The primer feed system has bent and missing parts. I found a replacement kit on Gunbroker for $71, and that includes tubes for both large and small primers. Midway had the spring that's missing from the powder measure, along with the missing powder reservoir and cap.

Total cost for the press and replacement parts: 170 bucks!

I found a 9mm shell plate on Gunbroker and Midway had the seater plug and slide assemblies needed to run small primers. The guy gave me a spare shell plate for 40 S&W, and I bought a Hornady 40 S&W die set on Rennug last week. So now I'll have everything I need to run 9mm and 40 on it. I hope I can find some Lock-N-Load bushings to go with my 9mm & 40 dies so I can take advantage of the quick-change capabilities.

It was an unbelievable score, and even more unbelievable that I found everything that I needed to fix it.
    Last edited by scruff; January 26th, 2021 at 01:55 AM.

(Allegheny County)

I did some .308 today for my PA10.
    Just a few bullet types and powder.

I loaded 3 each of 180 Sierra gamechangers with imr4064, 180 gr Accubonds also with imr 4064, 180 gr Barnes TTSX over some BLc2 and supposed to get some Berger 180s on Thursday.
    Now even the Berger load manual doesn't list this bullet so ill take the 185 data and start from there. Not sure what powder I'll go with yet.

So, if the Bergers show upon Thursday, I might do a range day friday or Monday.

I reset a scope on my buddies Howa 223 so will take 4 different types of brass cased and see what it does.
    I'll prbly take either one of my .223 ARs or my .22LR AR.

If its too cold, ill just shoot the 10 and his Howa.

I should shoot more.
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    Thanks Josh, but I just bought a bunch of used nickel-plated S&W, so I'm all set.

I just bought this today - a Hornady Lock N Load AP press for the unbelievable price of 80 bucks. I figured it was a good bet even though there were parts missing. The seller listed it on Rennug after getting it in an auction lot. It has 45 ACP dies and shell plate, and it's set up for large primers.

I took it home and checked it out. I got the jammed primer cam and slide working, and lubricated the ram and powder measure linkages. The press indexes and ejects, and the powder measure cycles. The primer feed system has bent and missing parts. I found a replacement kit on Gunbroker for $71, and that includes tubes for both large and small primers. Midway had the spring that's missing from the powder measure, along with the missing powder reservoir and cap.

Total cost for the press and replacement parts: 170 bucks!

I found a 9mm shell plate on Gunbroker and Midway had the seater plug and slide assemblies needed to run small primers. The guy gave me a spare shell plate for 40 S&W, and I bought a Hornady 40 S&W die set on Rennug last week. So now I'll have everything I need to run 9mm and 40 on it. I hope I can find some Lock-N-Load bushings to go with my 9mm & 40 dies so I can take advantage of the quick-change capabilities.

It was an unbelievable score, and even more unbelievable that I found everything that I needed to fix it.
    I'm pretty happy with Hornady progressive, but hated the plastic powder hopper as it melted so I bought one of these:

https://dramworx.com/products/hornady/

This guy custom makes glass hoppers out of high quality chemistry lab grade glass.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    I'm pretty happy with Hornady progressive, but hated the plastic powder hopper as it melted so I bought one of these:

This guy custom makes glass hoppers out of high quality chemistry lab grade glass.
    Those are really nice. That's good to know if mine ever gets damaged.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post

Thanks! I'll have to save that link.

Scruff, do you know where to get the LED lights for that press? You can get the basic set from Cabelas. But this site:

https://inlinefabrication.com/collec...o-roller-lever

Has a lot of nice add-ons for Hornday or other brand presses.

(Tioga County)

Well if you leave powder in it overnight you might find out pretty quick!.

My RCBS hopper never have had an issue with any powder. But I believe it was Power Pistol I left in it for a day or two and came back and the plastic had melted on the Hornady one. Wasn't all that impressed because if you are selling a "powder hopper" it needs to be resistant to what's being put in it. Spent the money on that glass one and I couldn't be happier.

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by t1066 View Post

Scruff, do you know where to get the LED lights for that press? You can get the basic set from Cabelas. But this site:

Go with the aftermarket. The Hornady LED light set is as worthless as tits on a boar hog.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by t1066 View Post

Inline's roller handles are definitely a good upgrade.

Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast