Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: What did you reload today?

Quote Originally Posted by DukeConnor View Post
    The only neat and clean reloading shops I have ever seen were cleaned 5 minutes before the pic
    Before cleaning. Peppered with mouse poop. Bastards! Where's my mouse gun.

Attachment 141288

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppy View Post
    Nice bench.. love the yankee screwdriver. What lube are you using? My seater die gummed up when I used lee liquid alox. After that I used the alox to make my own 45/45/10 I think they call it. It's a much thinned down version that is swirled in with heated bullets. Doesn't look like they're lubed but they are and doesn't gum up the die. I have also powder coated my own. Also have some of Ron's coated.

I haven't reloaded anything in a while.. last thing I did was clean and deprime .380 brass.
    The bullets I used were traditional lead with wax in a groove. Whatever the process was to put the wax in the groove must have gotten it all over. I couldn't see the wax on the tips of the bullets, but the die was obviously very good at picking it up. I'm guessing these bullets were 15 or 20 years old. I've got some JHP 110 & 158 grain and some FMJ 115 grain bullets, and I plan to buy some of Ron's 125 grain coated. I wouldn't buy lead myself, but heck, they were free.

I've also been reloading some lead bullets for 45 Colt and 44 Special, but those aren't gumming up the dies like these 9mm did.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeConnor View Post
    The only neat and clean reloading shops I have ever seen were cleaned 5 minutes before the pic
    LOL I cleaned it a week ago, and it was such a big occasion that I took these pictures. The key addition since then was a padded seat cushion for the stool.

It's a great workbench. 15' long 2 X 4 frame bolted into three walls, 3/4" plywood glued and screwed, with 1/4" hardboard and then commercial floor tile laminated to the top with vinyl cement. The 2 x 4 frame extends up the wall for the pegboard. The whole thing is ridiculously solid.

(Tioga County)

I have 45 ACP going on the progressive and 300 Blackout on the Rock Chucker.

I got a Magnetospeed chrono for the rifles which should make chrono on the rifles a lot easier. So I need to get that going to develop some 300 Blackout loads with 110g bullets.

The 45 ACP I have been using Win 231 powder which seems ok but I prefer Titegroup and Power Pistol. I had a couple of bins of prepped brass that was primed so that was easy.

I might buy a batch of 45 ACP brass just to use up all the components I have and then I will be set for 45 ACP for a loooonnggg time.

Also need to do some 7.5 Swiss, 7.62 Nato, 38 Special, 357 Magnum, 9mm. I got no shortage of things to do for sure.

(Berks County)

I reloaded the terlet.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I reloaded the terlet.
    With a Magnum?

Here's today's reloads. I'm on my way to buy 7,000 CCI small pistol magnum primers for three of us, and I remembered that I already have some from Dad's supplies. I'm going to chrono these at the range on my way to the purchase, and if the gun blows up, then I'll just make like the typical Craigslist buyer and disappear.

I'll shoot the minimum load of Bullseye with the magnum primers. If those look OK, then I'll shoot mid-power loads with both WSP and CCI Magnum primers to see if there's much of a difference.

Where the heck did your find 7k primers for sale that aren't way over priced?
    FUCK BIDEN

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    With a Magnum?

Here's today's reloads. I'm on my way to buy 7,000 CCI small pistol magnum primers for three of us, and I remembered that I already have some from Dad's supplies. I'm going to chrono these at the range on my way to the purchase, and if the gun blows up, then I'll just make like the typical Craigslist buyer and disappear.

I'll shoot the minimum load of Bullseye with the magnum primers. If those look OK, then I'll shoot mid-power loads with both WSP and CCI Magnum primers to see if there's much of a difference.
    10% increase in FPS and pressure is what I see while using MSPP in 357sig with SPP load data..

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    Where the heck did your find 7k primers for sale that aren't way over priced?
    Define "overpriced". I have $700 cash in my pocket. They're on Craigslist.

(Bucks County)

With a Magnum?

These loads look fine and I don't think you will blow up. I personally wouldn't go much higher with Bullseye since it is not a good powder for hot loads. Use Bullseye for target loads and slower powders for full power.

You do realize you started out loading the hardest pistol load possible. Trying to load uncoated cast bullets in a 9mm is challenging for even the most experienced handloader. The high pressures and shallow rifling on most 9mm's can lead a barrel badly once you reach pressures high enough to stabilize the bullet and cycle the slide. I have only had success with powders much slower than you used like HS-7 / w571. Even then the loads are dirty with unburnt powder but I can shoot a few hundred with minimal leading. I am not saying your pistol will have a problem but keep a close eye out for excessive leading and don't shoot a hot jacketed bullet after a lot of lead rounds without checking.

Define "overpriced". I have $700 cash in my pocket. They're on Craigslist.
    Not sure what small mag primers went for pre insanity, but $40/$1000 is about all I would consider for small pistol,rifle, etc. considering they could be had around $30-$35 shipped with shipping or hazmat one year ago.
    FUCK BIDEN

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast