Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: another BeoFang post

Quote Originally Posted by theshadow View Post
    hate saying it, but it's a loaded question. It does depend on radio type (some have been banned) but for the most part, YES, it is legal to buy.
    So, if Amazon is selling a certain model of Baofeng radio, then it should be legal to buy and Posses, correct?
    "May the odds be ever in America's favor"

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeCan99 View Post
    So, if Amazon is selling a certain model of Baofeng radio, then it should be legal to buy and Posses, correct?
    I would say yes, SHOULD being the key word.

(Bucks County)

Thanks for your replies, wa3ra and 4191775. I have not bought a radio yet and probably will not until I can get some positive feedback on CHIRP programming with a Mac using current Big Sur os. Went on the CHIRP website looking for troubleshooting and FAQs and left with my head spinning trying to figure out how to submit a question without violating their cumbersome format and protocols. Yikes !

(Bucks County)

Thanks for your replies and advice , wa3ra and 4191775. I have not bought a radio yet and probably will not until I can get some positive feedback on CHIRP programming with a Mac using current Big Sur os. Went on CHIRP website looking for troubleshooting and FAQs and left with my head spinning trying to figure out how to submit a question without violating their cumbersome format and protocols. Gotta love those radiohead techies. Yikes !

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by UTM View Post
    Thanks for your replies and advice , wa3ra and 4191775. I have not bought a radio yet and probably will not until I can get some positive feedback on CHIRP programming with a Mac using current Big Sur os. Went on CHIRP website looking for troubleshooting and FAQs and left with my head spinning trying to figure out how to submit a question without violating their cumbersome format and protocols. Gotta love those radiohead techies. Yikes !
    you'll find hams (much like the firearms community) generally friendly and helpful, and like with firearms, in person conversations may provide more detailed and open conversation than is posted in forums where people want to keep you and themselves out of trouble.

north central keystoner land, Pennsylvania

I got 2 baochang uv-9r radios in the mail today from fleabay. After dicking with it for an hour and being able to listen to the local country music station and the weather band, it went back in the box until I get the programming cable and me having the attention span to focus on the basics of radio, the difference between all the bands and stuff. My buddy got a pair as well with the intention that if normal comms go down we can still communicate. I'm not sure if they will do us any good though because I impulse bought before really doing any research and we live about 7 miles apart from each other with a mountain right behind my house.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12