Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: MaryJane card

(Franklin County)

Default Re: MaryJane card

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    And how, exactly, did the sheriffs find out.
    The landlord probably told them. (sarcasm)

When signing the LTCF application, one affirms "If I am issued a license and knowingly become ineligible to legally possess or acquire firearms, I will promptly notify the sheriff of the county in which I reside or, if I reside in a city of the first class, the chief of police of that city."

The Sheriff screwed up (legally speaking) by allowing the firearms to remain.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    The landlord probably told them. (sarcasm)

When signing the LTCF application, one affirms "If I am issued a license and knowingly become ineligible to legally possess or acquire firearms, I will promptly notify the sheriff of the county in which I reside or, if I reside in a city of the first class, the chief of police of that city."

The Sheriff screwed up (legally speaking) by allowing the firearms to remain.
    In PA, the sheriffs are barely LEO's, they're mostly just court agents, except for the LTCF responsibility in the UFA. They transport prisoners, serve court papers, guard the courtrooms, enable execution on property for judgments, etc. So they have every right to revoke an LTCF, but they'd likely need to be enforcing a court order (such as a PFA) to be on track to confiscate guns.

Look at the trouble they get into for traffic stops.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    In PA, the sheriffs are barely LEO's, they're mostly just court agents, except for the LTCF responsibility in the UFA. They transport prisoners, serve court papers, guard the courtrooms, enable execution on property for judgments, etc. So they have every right to revoke an LTCF, but they'd likely need to be enforcing a court order (such as a PFA) to be on track to confiscate guns.

Are they allowed to pull you over in pa?

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Are they allowed to pull you over in pa?
    Long ago I was pulled over in a Westmoreland County park by a county sheriff. No rear bumper on my truck. At the time I had a current state inspection license. Politely argued with him, at the time a rear bumper was not required on trucks as long as the license plate was clearly visible and had a functioning light. He said he had the authority to stop and pursue if necessary.
    He let me go after he spent a half hour on the radio to verify my point. He was covering for the park police he said.
    I think they can assist the local PD and state troopers too, but that's just my guess.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Irwin Inhabitant View Post
    Long ago I was pulled over in a Westmoreland County park by a county sheriff. No rear bumper on my truck. At the time I had a current state inspection license. Politely argued with him, at the time a rear bumper was not required on trucks as long as the license plate was clearly visible and had a functioning light. He said he had the authority to stop and pursue if necessary.
    He let me go after he spent a half hour on the radio to verify my point. He was covering for the park police he said.
    I think they can assist the local PD and state troopers too, but that's just my guess.
    I remember the first time I bought a pickup truck and the rear bumper was an option or upgrade, not standard equipment...
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post

Would they be in a position to seek such an order for themselves, once they become aware of the individuals prohibited status?
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gun View Post
    If you are to be executed, you are going to be incarcerated.
    Not necessarily, the case, Seth Rich.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    You get a pass if your have a Mary Jane card and wear these:

Noah
    Very few men understand what is meant by that Noah but it had me laughing. Even my truck was named MJ by a friend because of my penchant for wearing those.

(Chester County)

I have a question for a friend, I warned them this would happen and they wouldn't be able to purchase another firearm. Can the State or Federal Authorities come and confiscate firearms if they do have a pot head card?
    Last edited by JenniferG; January 14th, 2021 at 02:12 AM.

(Allegheny County)

I just heard a commercial where some pot store plans to give out baggies to anyone getting a covid shot.
    "Weed for Jabs" or something like that.

Maybe you can turn in your guns when you get your shot?
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast