Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: MaryJane card

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: MaryJane card

Quote Originally Posted by ray h View Post
    Yep, been there done that.
    Show up in the morning, show up at work first thing is to visit the restroom, do a pretrip, sign on to Qualcomm, dispatch tells me to go pee in a cup, They got me three times in a three month period. Random my ass.
    There for a while my wife was tested once a month. This lasted for five or six months. She finally contacted her and told them no more. Yutns out they were picking people they knew wold pass the test.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I have heard that there are ways to cleanse your body in a week's time or so but I wouldn't bank on it.
    Highly dependent on your body fat levels (fat guys hold onto THC longer) and how saturated you are with THC i.e. do you smoke every day or you smoked one night just a bit. A skinny guy that smoked just a bit the one time will likely be clean in well under a week.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    Highly dependent on your body fat levels (fat guys hold onto THC longer) and how saturated you are with THC i.e. do you smoke every day or you smoked one night just a bit. A skinny guy that smoked just a bit the one time will likely be clean in well under a week.
    pfft... stays in your hair until you cut it off.

And the wild hair growing in my ass is longer than what*s on my head. I*ll send pics and get banned.

(Chester County)

Sill no answer to : If you have the joker card can they come and confiscate your firearms that you already own or a more relevant problem, if you are driving and get pulled over and they search your vehicle and find a firearm can they confiscate the firearm if you're holding the joker? We already know you can be prevented from buying a firearm if you hold the joker. Another question just came to mind as I was thinking about it. If you get pulled over for any reason can they administer a urine test if they find you have a joker card to see if you are under the influence? Is having that card evidence enough for probable cause? I really am asking for a friend. If any of those things are true I'll have to meet the friend at the range because I don't want to be involved with any of that if I'm in their car or they are in mine.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    Sill no answer to : If you have the joker card can they come and confiscate your firearms that you already own or a more relevant problem, if you are driving and get pulled over and they search your vehicle and find a firearm can they confiscate the firearm if you're holding the joker? We already know you can be prevented from buying a firearm if you hold the joker. Another question just came to mind as I was thinking about it. Can they administer a urine test if they find you have a joker card to see if you are under the influence? Is having that card evidence enough for probable cause? I really am asking for a friend. If any of those things are true I'll have to meet the friend at the range because I don't want to be involved with any of that if I'm in their car or they are in mine.
    What ya gonna do if they just do it?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    Sill no answer to : If you have the joker card can they come and confiscate your firearms that you already own or a more relevant problem, if you are driving and get pulled over and they search your vehicle and find a firearm can they confiscate the firearm if you're holding the joker? We already know you can be prevented from buying a firearm if you hold the joker. Another question just came to mind as I was thinking about it. If you get pulled over for any reason can they administer a urine test if they find you have a joker card to see if you are under the influence? Is having that card evidence enough for probable cause? I really am asking for a friend. If any of those things are true I'll have to meet the friend at the range because I don't want to be involved with any of that if I'm in their car or they are in mine.
    Don't feel bad. I started this friggin thread and no one answered, or knows the answer to my question.

Quote Originally Posted by bug View Post
    Don't feel bad. I started this friggin thread and no one answered, or knows the answer to my question.
    The laws vary in each state. In Florida if a patient is already in possession of a firearm when obtaining a card, they are not required by the state of Florida to relinquish the gun. So no one in Florida loses their gun rights if they have a state issued Medical Marijuana Card.

Florida's Agriculture Commission controls both Medical Marijuana Cards and Concealed Weapons Permits. A week before being sworn in as Florida*s Agriculture Commissioner, Nikki Fried, was interviewed by a medical marijuana rights group. In the interview Commissioner Fried stated that under Florida Law a person with a Medical Marijuana card could apply for and receive a Concealed Weapons and Firearms License (CWFL). Further, she said that those who already have one should not lose their CWFL. Commissioner Fried stated that she reviewed all the laws associated with concealed weapons permit and does not see where any law would not allow a person to have both a medical marijuana card and a CWFL. Additionally, Commissioner Fried disclosed that she in fact has both. Finally, Commissioner Fried said that under her leadership, the Department of Agriculture, *will not be taking anyone*s concealed weapons permit, or refusing to issue a CWFL* due to the person possessing a medical marijuana card.

The only problem for the Florida gun owner and Medical Marijuana Card holder therefore would be in buying a new firearm since Form 4473 (Question 11E) must be filled out and answered honestly as the Feds still classify marijuana as a Controlled Substance.
    Last edited by Defender; January 18th, 2021 at 03:10 AM.
    Relationships between men and women can be difficult - but not impossible.

(Montgomery County)

https://www.wesa.fm/post/wolf-we-won...users#stream/0

Wolf: *We Won't Take Guns Away* From Medical Marijuana Users
    By KEVIN GAVIN * JAN 3, 2018
    Tweet
    Email
    In this Monday, Nov. 6, 2017, photo, a syringe loaded with a dose of CBD oil is shown in a research laboratory at Colorado State University in Fort Collins, Colo.
    In this Monday, Nov. 6, 2017, photo, a syringe loaded with a dose of CBD oil is shown in a research laboratory at Colorado State University in Fort Collins, Colo.
    DAVID ZALUBOWSKI / AP
    Listen Listening...
    0:00
    Gov. Wolf tells WESA's Kevin Gavin Pennsylvanians should not have to choose between owning guns and receiving medical marijuana.
    More than 10,000 Pennsylvanians have registered so far to receive a medical marijuana card.

But they are finding out that they can*t receive medical cannabis and still be able to legally purchase a firearm. That*s because under federal law all types of marijuana, including medical cannabis, are prohibited.

The people who signed up to receive medical marijuana will be on a registry that licensed gun dealers will have to reference as part of the background check process before selling a weapon.

*People should not have to make that choice,* said Gov. Tom Wolf, who acknowledged gun sale regulations are a *federal thing.* The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives regulates the sale of firearms.

The agency*s Form 4473 for firearms purchases asks:

*Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?*

Then the form contains a warning:

*The use or possession of marijuana remains unlawful under Federal law regardless of whether it has been legalized or decriminalized for medicinal or recreational purposes in the state where you reside.*

Gun rights advocates received a legal setback in September 2016 when the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that the federal ban on the sale of guns to medical marijuana card holders does not violate the Second Amendment. That ruling applies to the nine states in the court*s jurisdiction.

Twenty-nine states and Washington, D.C. have legalized some form of marijuana.

*The federal government needs to do the right thing here,* Wolf said.

According to the governor, the Pennsylvania State Police do not advise that if people receive medical marijuana they get rid of their guns. However, if they have questions about gun ownership and applying for medical marijuana, they should consult with their attorneys.

The one thing Wolf was clear on is that the state will not be seeking out those who already own guns.

*We*re not going to take their guns away," Wolf said.

(Allegheny County)

A friend of mine has a MM card.

She still buys it illegally because she says the legal stuff costs 2-3 times more than buying it from her neighbor.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    Recreational herb was approved by NJ voters in November.

PA is next.
    Quote Originally Posted by bug View Post
    I sort of answered you. When recreational weed is approved in PA, you won*t need a card (understanding that will not happen overnight).

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast