Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MaryJane card

(Delaware County)

Default MaryJane card

If an individual has a legit pot card, can he turn it in and reacquire his gun rights?

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: MaryJane card

Asking for a friend?
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

(Luzerne County)

My pain Dr tried to go with medical mj. I refused. Hexsdked why. I said I'm a gun guy. Ecsays yeah so. I said even though it's legal in the state is is not federal. He said you just stop buying until the card is expired then buy your guns before renewing the card.

I said no thank you.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by bug View Post
    If an individual has a legit pot card, can he turn it in and reacquire his gun rights?

I have a friend who got the card and never had the script filled. He said he changed his mind about the whole thing. According to him, he cant buy a firearm until it expires. Since he seems to have a firm grasp on that side of things. It would appear he was advised (or self educated) of the law prior to receiving his card. So tell your friend to stick that in his pipe and smoke it, or vape it, or eat it YMMV IANAL.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Northampton County)

When my stepson landlord got his card, the Northampton County Sheriff's Dept came and got his license to carry. He kept his guns, but couldn't keep his LTCF.
    I just like to pop in every now and then to see what nancyinpa has for sale.

(Monroe County)

I qualify for the card on so many levels yet I'm not willing to trust the government, are you?

(Erie County)

Gun rights were never meant to be lost, unless one is incarcerated, or dead.

This was the intent of our founding fathers. IANAL, so YMMV.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gun View Post
    Gun rights were never meant to be lost, unless one is incarcerated, or dead.

This was the intent of our founding fathers. IANAL, so YMMV.
    Not true. FF's approved of execution, you don't get your life back after that. If you can be executed, you can lose all lessor rights for life as well. They even spelled it out in the 5th Amendment.

Amendment V

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a grand jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the militia, when in actual service in time of war or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Not true. FF's approved of execution, you don't get your life back after that. If you can be executed, you can lose all lessor rights for life as well. They even spelled it out in the 5th Amendment.
    If you are to be executed, you are going to be incarcerated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(York County)

The wife's two friends both got their HQLs this week in Maryland and want to buy handguns. I don't know much about the gun laws in the DPRMD, but from what I understand the HQL is a license that the state issues you to allow you to just buy a handgun. The thing is, one of them has her state issued medical reefer card as well. The question was brought up if she can buy a handgun or not. My whole thing is, why would the state go to the trouble to issue an HQL to a medical reefer card holder if they were just going to deny them anyway? Or the two agencies probably don't keep track of any of that. I work for the government and I can tell you the latter is probably more likely. Sorry to hijack the OPs question.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast