Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Getting rid of your gun stuff after they throw dirt in your face.

I was sitting at my reloading bench, well, reloading computer and thought about my inventory of ammo. All 4 boxes.
    I was also thinking about what would happen and who would get the few firearms I've accumulated over the past 50 years.

Now, unless I put all 4 or 5 in a boat, start rowing back to Deutschland and have a NorEaster swamp me and lose everything, I started thinking about what would or should happen to all my stuff.

Eldest boy gets the Ruger Redhawk and all associated ammo ( 2 boxes).
    Younger boy has had anger issues, wants the S&W model 66 but his wife and my wife don't think he should have a gun, even now.

So, My daughter has a Ruger LCP.380 that her boyfriend got her. I didn't particularly like it so got her a 9mm Shield. She can't take them untill she gets her LTCF and some training I'll gladly pay for.

That leaves me with the balance of my stuff that none of my kiddos have any interest in and yes, I could likely adopt a diversified multitude of yinz to share in the other box of 9mm, a hunting rifle and reloading shit.

My wife has no knowledge of anything I have, has no interest in knowing, has never and will never shoot with me and would never want to be bothered to price out and sell that last box of 9mm.

So, I have a bit of a dilemma. I know it certainly won't mean shit to me when I'm gone ( I don't plan on leaving soon by the way, Well, I guess none of us do) but I'd like to think ahead that it could be put to good use and maybe make my Sweetie a buck or 2 depending on what 9mm goes for in the future.

I think I'd like my daughter to go through the inventory of that box of 9 and my hunting rifle and have her split any money with my wife that she can get for it.

I wouldn't want to burden my couple real good friends to spend time cleaning that stuff up and finding a home for it.

My neighbor, now moving to Texas is the closest gun savvy guy I know so I could gift him something he might be interested in or another friends kiddos too.

Man. At 71, still in decent shape and health, I believe I should make some kind of plan.

So, in addition to my situation, do any of you have a similar situation and what are your plans to get rid of your stuff?
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

Default Re: Getting rid of your gun stuff after they throw dirt in your face.

Put everything on a spreadsheet and list what you paid for items and what you want to sell those items for...if you are old school...get a notebook and do the same thing. Once your gone, your wife and or kids can look at notebook.

It's not that complicated.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by 27hand View Post
    I was sitting at my reloading bench, well, reloading computer and thought about my inventory of ammo. All 4 boxes.
    I was also thinking about what would happen and who would get the few firearms I've accumulated over the past 50 years.

Now, unless I put all 4 or 5 in a boat, start rowing back to Deutschland and have a NorEaster swamp me and lose everything, I started thinking about what would or should happen to all my stuff.

Younger boy has had anger issues, wants the S&W model 66 but his wife and my wife don't think he should have a gun, even now.

So, My daughter has a Ruger LCP.380 that her boyfriend got her. I didn't particularly like it so got her a 9mm Shield. She can't take them untill she gets her LTCF and some training I'll gladly pay for.

That leaves me with the balance of my stuff that none of my kiddos have any interest in and yes, I could likely adopt a diversified multitude of yinz to share in the other box of 9mm, a hunting rifle and reloading shit.

My wife has no knowledge of anything I have, has no interest in knowing, has never and will never shoot with me and would never want to be bothered to price out and sell that last box of 9mm.

So, I have a bit of a dilemma. I know it certainly won't mean shit to me when I'm gone ( I don't plan on leaving soon by the way, Well, I guess none of us do) but I'd like to think ahead that it could be put to good use and maybe make my Sweetie a buck or 2 depending on what 9mm goes for in the future.

I think I'd like my daughter to go through the inventory of that box of 9 and my hunting rifle and have her split any money with my wife that she can get for it.

I wouldn't want to burden my couple real good friends to spend time cleaning that stuff up and finding a home for it.

My neighbor, now moving to Texas is the closest gun savvy guy I know so I could gift him something he might be interested in or another friends kiddos too.

Man. At 71, still in decent shape and health, I believe I should make some kind of plan.

So, in addition to my situation, do any of you have a similar situation and what are your plans to get rid of your stuff?
    Got a gun trust from SigForLife years ago for my 2 dozen plus guns. My only child, now 30 is the sole beneficiary. I will need to add my father's 40+ guns I will inherit. Man she will need a big safe.

A lot of my collection came from guys with no other family to hand it too, all they wanted was for it you to have a good home with someone who appreciates what it is.
    Good lord willing and the creek don't rise, I will go out exactly how I came into this world...with nothing.
    I intend on giving it all away so I can watch the smile on their faces when they get it from me.

(Allegheny County)

I don't have concrete plans but I told my brother the day that if I get hit by a bus he can have his pick of his favorite two, sell the rest and give the money to GOA and FPC with so much set aside to ship a cartload of manure to the ATF.
    F*#K THE ATF

(Northumberland County)

Any nephews, nieces, cousins, etc. that would want anything? Friends or associates you could prearrange sales to?

I have a list of my stuff and general values in case anything happens to me, but if I go anytime soon my wife can rely on her dad or mine to tell them value. Does need updated though. If I go after them, my kid should be old enough to hopefully have an interest or I'll have a new plan.

(York County)

I*ve already gifted just about everything I own to nieces and nephews (all under 16). Notarized statements from a decade ago say they own it, but I have care custody and control until I die. Why? Because if they outlaw firearms like AR*s and HK*s and firearms transfers, these guns will have already been *owned* by these family members before any laws were passed.

PS. My siblings know, their kids do not. They just like visiting and shooting .22*s with uncle JHaydenO.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by 27hand View Post

I would be afraid of getting knocked off early..if they knew I had 9mm ammo

I'm starting to liquidate my stuff now, while I'm still alive. Got nobody worthy to leave it to.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

I worry about what if something bad happens to me and I am only 50. I want things to be as easy on my wife or son or whoever as possible. I have my gun racks labeled with the gun and caliber. I have extra magazines in bins label with what gun they go to. My ammo is all labeled. I don*t want her to have to spend any time trying to figure out what goes with what.

I want her to keep anything she wants, I want my son to keep anything he wants then she can do what she wants with the rest. Sell them, give them to relatives, neighbors whatever makes her happy.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast