Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Washington County)

Default Re: Getting rid of your gun stuff after they throw dirt in your face.

I*ve got a long way to go. I hope the choices are not made for me before the time comes (such as by the state, etc).
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeinPhilly View Post
    At the price of ammo these day it might be as valuable as your car soon so put it in the will so no one fights over it
    Ammo inventory is next.
    I've already told my wife how expensive it is.

Maybe I'll just shoot more.
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

(Allegheny County)

I've said it before - a few years ago - that sometime in the next 20-30 years, there will be a wave of MASSIVE gun/ammo "arsenals" discovered by wives across the nation as the current crop of gun people die off.
    It will be much different than Mrs Kowalski finding "that pistol that her husband brought back from the war".
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

If any of you old dieing guys has a Colt SAA in 45 colt you want to sell let me know.
    I promise it a good home.

(Jefferson County)

If children & grandchildren aren't an option for their respective reasons - are nieces, nephews, etc options? How about any good friends? Or some person that is "like family".

Have any guns that should be kept in the family? Like daddy's or granddaddy's pistol/rifle/shotgun.

If a person's days are getting late, selling non-heirloom guns before passing is a better option than what your beneficiaries will receive at an estate auction.

Then very detailed will for the remaining guns, and who they should go to, is a good idea.

Then if you run out of ideas - I can PM you my name/address/etc if you need someone to will them to. lol
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

FEMA Region III - State College, Pennsylvania
    (Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    I'm getting rid of the guns and ammo I am not / won't be using / needing before I check out.

Seven handguns and ten rifles in the past 30 days, three PA108 "SAW" cans, one M2A1 50 cal can, and one 30 Cal can filled with ammo.

And I'm not done yet. Sorta just getting started.

Noah
    I am calling dibs on one/some of your Enfield No 4 Mk2's!

Should I find myself in the state of no eligible/desirable heirs, I'm thinking treasure hunt.

(Washington County)

Today I met a stranger and he gave me a large pile of reloading equipment and components. He is done reloading, has all the ammo he needs, and wanted to see the reloading stuff go to someone who would appreciate it. I work with his sister who put me in touch with him because she knows I do a lot of shooting. He was happy to see it go to someone excited to put it to use. About 60% I have no use for, and I*ve already made arrangements to regift what I won*t use to my friends who are just getting into reloading. He made a handful of like minded guys very happy today with this act of generosity, rather than waiting until it was time for an estate sale or his uninterested family tossed things in the trash.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

KamalToe and her brain-decaying sniffer, Slo Joe, along with ButtiPlug, will have 'em in due time. So, no sweat.

(Allegheny County)

I suppose, since I'm looking to thin the herd. I probably should not have bought the Tikka T3x.

Perhaps its a sickness.
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234