Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Re: AR modifications to turn them into 'non assault' rifles

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    OP, I am sorry. I know I'm being a dick, but the country is on the verge of burning to the ground...
    Yes, you are, but I don't care as I don't know you.

You are correct, the country is burning down to the ground. Far more than just 2A - over-taxation, over-regulation, no freedom (of assembly, speech, religion and a lot more), etc. Problem is, that most of us will comply in spite of the internet tough guys posturing. Have to figure out how to play the compliance game on all fronts while working on the end game - again, much more than just guns at stake here.

We no longer have the ability to elect our leaders. The judicial system no longer creates and enforces laws consistent with the Constitution. Tyranny is here!
    Personally, I believe it's time to act locally and ultimately push the state to invoke 10A as I cannot hope to influence things federally.

OP, you are a firearm owner and one of the reason's why this country is doomed. Instead of doing something positive, you want to know how to comply.

I have no respect for a gun owner who is so quick to comply with our new "masters." You should be ashamed of yourself, OP. You do get an ignore from me, so welcome to my ignore list.

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by MMH View Post
    Yes, you are, but I don't care as I don't know you.

You are correct, the country is burning down to the ground. Far more than just 2A - over-taxation, over-regulation, no freedom (of assembly, speech, religion and a lot more), etc. Problem is, that most of us will comply in spite of the internet tough guys posturing. Have to figure out how to play the compliance game on all fronts while working on the end game - again, much more than just guns at stake here.

We no longer have the ability to elect our leaders. The judicial system no longer creates and enforces laws consistent with the Constitution. Tyranny is here!
    Personally, I believe it's time to act locally and ultimately push the state to invoke 10A as I cannot hope to influence things federally.
    Once I again, I can't help but to be dickish on this. I find it very demoralizing for you to take your stance.

Obama wasn't even able to capitalize on the worst scenario that I personally could imagine- the horrific massacre of Elementary Students. Gun sales are at an all time high, with an ever growing population genuinely believing they need firearms for protection, and this isn't subsiding.

Instead of seeking better ways to protect your rights, you're here asking how to comply with laws that don't even yet exist. WTF? I guess maybe I should bounce on over to the Diesel forums and see if they can tell me how to convert my 1 ton into an electric pussycat to comply with some imagined green new deal that doesn't yet exist. For as weakly represented as gun owners may be, I'm truly f'd when it comes to owning a diesel.
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

Once I again, I can't help but to be dickish on this. I find it very demoralizing for you to take your stance.

Obama wasn't even able to capitalize on the worst scenario that I personally could imagine- the horrific massacre of Elementary Students. Gun sales are at an all time high, with an ever growing population genuinely believing they need firearms for protection, and this isn't subsiding.

Instead of seeking better ways to protect your rights, you're here asking how to comply with laws that don't even yet exist. WTF? I guess maybe I should bounce on over to the Diesel forums and see if they can tell me how to convert my 1 ton into an electric pussycat to comply with some imagined green new deal that doesn't yet exist. For as weakly represented as gun owners may be, I'm truly f'd when it comes to owning a diesel.
    How are you dickish Far from it IMO.

(Lehigh County)

Smile Re: AR modifications to turn them into 'non assault' rifles

Plain and simple -- if it does not have a third pin, it is NOT and cannot be an assault weapon... PERIOD.

For those who need the tech - the third pin is for the auto sear which is needed for full auto operation.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    How are you dickish Far from it IMO.
    My blood pressure feels like it's going to pop my head off so I assume I'm being dickish
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Westmoreland County)

...Instead of seeking better ways to protect your rights, you're here asking how to comply with laws that don't even yet exist....
    You are misconstruing what I am saying. I am actively doing several things to protect my rights on a lot more things than just guns. I hope that all of you internet tough guys are too. Unfortunately, until we do change MANY things as to how we are governed, most of us will comply.

(Montgomery County)

I'm not going to waste time and effort figuring out what they will "allow" us to own and use and under what conditions they will require.

When the shit comes to pass, I'll figure out my moves. I bet all of us will end up buying a few "compliant" guns and magazines, as close as possible to the "non compliant" stuff we will surely have squirreled away, so we can keep going to ranges and stay as sharp as we can.

If you OBEY the left, you are part of the problem. They have been chipping away at the 2nd for years. If they keep it up we will be in for a fight and, complying will no longer be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by MMH View Post

EDIT
    The key would be converting to pump. Most 'assault rifle' bans/restrictions target semi-autos. Do no believe that the lower receiver is registered as a semi (someone correct me if I am wrong). So if convert it to a manual firearm, do not have to 'turn it in' because it is not longer an 'assualt rifle'. The upper is unregistered, so you can keep it, just not on lower. Kind of pistol upper/rifle lower...
    If my aunt had balls, she would have been my uncle!
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Montgomery County)

Not worth thinking about at this point
    Last edited by jthrelf; January 11th, 2021 at 10:46 PM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast