Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Columbia County)

Default Re: AR modifications to turn them into 'non assault' rifles

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeCan99 View Post
    just curious, are the M1 , M1A etc allowed in NY,CT etc just cause they dont look intimidating?
    Generally speaking most states that have an AWB, it is defined as a semi auto rifle that has any of the following; Pistol grip or thumb loop stock, bayonet lug, threaded barrel or muzzle device such as flash hider or recoil compensator, or grenade mount and collapsing or folding stock.

Residents of that state can only buy M1A, Mini 14s, and M1 that don't have any of those. I believe NJ still allows one feature. They do make AR 15s that are featureless but they do look odd especially without the pistol grip. CA has a work for an AR 15 with all of the above where the magazine is not able to be removed unless the gun is opened via rear push pin.
    Some other work arounds but they eventually modify the law to ban them also.

(Tioga County)

I think they will make a run at the guns but also ammunition. They know they already got tens of millions of ARs out there so they'll try to turn them into paperweights.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by crapshoot View Post
    they can pass all the laws they want. they don't mean anything unless you comply.
    Not exactly true - It would prevent us from taking them to ranges where people can see them being used. It would cause difficulties in transport. It possible might make us "felons" for mere possession.

(Allegheny County)

You can't plan in advance for restrictions that have yet to be imagined.

In other words, there are no answers to "compliance" without knowing what is compliant.
    Just because something was compliant in the past (or even NOW), there is NO expectation that said compliance will still apply at a later date.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Columbia County)

For what it's worth we still might have a chance with the Supreme court should something ridiculous become law. There is a federal case that is coming up challenging CA magazine ban and assault weapons ban ; Miller v. Becerra. They anticipate that case to be heard in 02/2021. It will be heard by the same judge that overturned CA magazine ban for a week. Should be interesting.

north central keystoner land, Pennsylvania

Quote Originally Posted by Hokkmike View Post
    Not exactly true - It would prevent us from taking them to ranges where people can see them being used. It would cause difficulties in transport. It possible might make us "felons" for mere possession.
    If it gets to that point don't you think its time to use them for what they are intended for?

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    For what it's worth we still might have a chance with the Supreme court should something ridiculous become law. There is a federal case that is coming up challenging CA magazine ban and assault weapons ban ; Miller v. Becerra. They anticipate that case to be heard in 02/2021. It will be heard by the same judge that overturned CA magazine ban for a week. Should be interesting.
    The election has been stolen, the supreme court would not even hear the cases and threw them out 'on standing'. The left controls the house, senate, and WH. The three branches of government have been melded into one and capitulate to global leaders & billionares. Not saying all is lost, just time for the pitchforks to come out.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    Then again a defeatist attitude isn't helping us any.
    Well, I guess we are feeding on our own now.
    My statement isn't fucking defeatist, it's a fact. They learned their lessons with the first AWB.
    Semi Auto is on their hit list.
    Bury your head in the sand if you want but this is a reality.
    My attitude will have zero impact on the legislation they are going to try to ram through.

(Allegheny County)

Do not comply. Keep what you have to yourself. They don*t have the numbers needed to confiscate unless they introduce foreign troops into the mix...then all bets are off. That*s why we have a second amendment.

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by DukeConnor View Post
    Well, I guess we are feeding on our own now.
    My statement isn't fucking defeatist, it's a fact. They learned their lessons with the first AWB.
    Semi Auto is on their hit list.
    Bury your head in the sand if you want but this is a reality.
    My attitude will have zero impact on the legislation they are going to try to ram through.
    The only one burying their head in the sand is you. They have been trying to pass a AWB ever since the Clinton ban expired. We can sit there like you and complain about how screwed over we are or we can come up with ways to minimize the damage or even repel it altogether. In 2016 I heard a president say how he was going to build a big beautiful wall at the border and have Mexico pay for it. He also said that it was the end of Obama care should he get elected. Didn't work out so well did it.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast