Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
    (Chester County)
    Posts
    419
    Rep Power
    17895419

    Default Re: The 'Do Nothings' Now Add Insult to Injury. Now Rebooting: Concealed Carry Recipr

    We ALL need to wrap our heads around this: The Republicans are Lucy. We are Charlie Brown. The football is the second amendment. Get it?

    When they're in power, they do nothing. When they're out of power and need our votes, they scream long and loud about our rights, and how they'll give us everything we want if we just get them back into office. And when they're back in office, they ignore us again and do nothing. I wish the stock market were this easy. I'd be RICH!!

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    (Lehigh County)
    Posts
    1,116
    Rep Power
    21474845

    Default Re: The 'Do Nothings' Now Add Insult to Injury. Now Rebooting: Concealed Carry Recipr

    Quote Originally Posted by sbmania View Post
    We ALL need to wrap our heads around this: The Republicans are Lucy. We are Charlie Brown. The football is the second amendment. Get it?

    When they're in power, they do nothing. When they're out of power and need our votes, they scream long and loud about our rights, and how they'll give us everything we want if we just get them back into office. And when they're back in office, they ignore us again and do nothing. I wish the stock market were this easy. I'd be RICH!!
    That's meme worthy.

    4t3txi.jpg
    --ET

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
    (Chester County)
    Posts
    419
    Rep Power
    17895419

    Default Re: The 'Do Nothings' Now Add Insult to Injury. Now Rebooting: Concealed Carry Recipr

    I LOVE it!! Can we get some T-shirts made?

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Mobile RV Unit
    Posts
    1,209
    Rep Power
    21474844

    Default Re: The 'Do Nothings' Now Add Insult to Injury. Now Rebooting: Concealed Carry Recipr

    Good. I am sick of the GOP never taking the offense. So even if this is DOA in the illegal Biden/Harris dictatorship, push it at them anyhow.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Glen Mills, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    8,132
    Rep Power
    21474854

    Default Re: The 'Do Nothings' Now Add Insult to Injury. Now Rebooting: Concealed Carry Recipr

    Yes, this is standard procedure and nothing new and should not be surprising. They literally introduce this bill/and or similar ones and others like it at the start of every session just as democrats try to introduce loads of anti gun legislation at the start of every session. Tons of bill are introduced every session that go nowhere.

    Here's one of the bills from 2019 https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-...house-bill/155
    Proof Armed citizens make a difference. http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=316012

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Northern Tier, Pennsylvania
    (McKean County)
    Age
    52
    Posts
    8,069
    Rep Power
    21474858

    Default Re: The 'Do Nothings' Now Add Insult to Injury. Now Rebooting: Concealed Carry Recipr

    Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness 1864 View Post
    Good. I am sick of the GOP never taking the offense. So even if this is DOA in the illegal Biden/Harris dictatorship, push it at them anyhow.
    Only problem is the ONLY time they take the offense is when they can't do shit.

    Expect a lot of pro 2A posturing and fiscal responsibility rhetoric till you can no longer stand it. Then tell them to fuck off and don't vote for any of them.
    FUCK BIDEN

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Glen Mills, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    8,132
    Rep Power
    21474854

    Default Re: The 'Do Nothings' Now Add Insult to Injury. Now Rebooting: Concealed Carry Recipr

    Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    Only problem is the ONLY time they take the offense is when they can't do shit.

    Expect a lot of pro 2A posturing and fiscal responsibility rhetoric till you can no longer stand it. Then tell them to fuck off and don't vote for any of them.
    They did take the offense on the hearing bill when they had the house, senate and presidency. They had some possible bipartisan support and it had a chance of passing and were actively working on it. Then Nevada happened and any pro gun considerations/bill got swept aside.

    And the benefit of having a Republican house, Senate, Presidency after Nevada was that anti gun legislation went nowhere despite the press, hollywood and antigun lawmakers calling for changes. Prices for firearms and ammo basically stayed the same and the price of guns continued decreasing. If Nevada had happened in 2021 that would have been the event that would have started the anti gun onslaught.

    I expect antis to present anti gun legislation but not push for it right away. They will start out with immigration and green laws. Gun laws are on their radar though. They do want to impose more asinine laws. But if they do it right now it will be debated and I honestly think that the Senate has enough pro 2nd votes to stave off the attack with the filibuster. (assuming dems don't invoke the nuclear option which I do think they will hold off for awhile until they can cry obstruction and present to America that they have the right to do so)

    I think they will introduce bills now so that they are out there. If/when a Nevada/Orlando/Parkland situation happens, they will use the media, hollywood to stir up people emotion and push the bills...... at that point the pro gun votes will find it harder to commit and they may not have the filibuster proof majority. How bad the event is and how much public sentiment they can sway will determine whether they go for background checks or a weapons/magazine ban.
    Proof Armed citizens make a difference. http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=316012

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Northern Tier, Pennsylvania
    (McKean County)
    Age
    52
    Posts
    8,069
    Rep Power
    21474858

    Default Re: The 'Do Nothings' Now Add Insult to Injury. Now Rebooting: Concealed Carry Recipr

    Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    They did take the offense on the hearing bill when they had the house, senate and presidency. They had some possible bipartisan support and it had a chance of passing and were actively working on it. Then Nevada happened and any pro gun considerations/bill got swept aside.

    And the benefit of having a Republican house, Senate, Presidency after Nevada was that anti gun legislation went nowhere despite the press, hollywood and antigun lawmakers calling for changes. Prices for firearms and ammo basically stayed the same and the price of gun continued decreasing. If Nevada had happened in 2021 that would have been the event that would have started the anti gun onslaught. I expect antis to present anti gun legislation but not push for it right away. It is on their radar. They do want to impose more asinine laws. But if they do it right now it will be debated and I honestly think that the Senate has enough pro 2nd votes to stave off the attack with the filibuster. (assuming dems don't invoke the nuclear option which I do think they will hold off for awhile until they can cry obstruction and present to America that they have the right to do so)

    I think they will introduce bills now so that they are out there. If/when a Nevada/Orlando/Parkland situation happens, they will use the media, hollywood to stir up people emotion and push the bills...... at that point the pro gun votes will find it harder to commit and they may not have the filibuster proof majority. How bad the event is and how much public sentiment they can sway will determine whether they go for background checks or a weapons/magazine ban.
    Your rose colored glasses need an new prescription.
    FUCK BIDEN

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Glen Mills, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    8,132
    Rep Power
    21474854

    Default Re: The 'Do Nothings' Now Add Insult to Injury. Now Rebooting: Concealed Carry Recipr

    Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    Your rose colored glasses need an new prescription.
    Please tell me what you disagree with.
    Proof Armed citizens make a difference. http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=316012

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    759
    Rep Power
    4852872

    Default Re: The 'Do Nothings' Now Add Insult to Injury. Now Rebooting: Concealed Carry Recipr

    There are 536 elected officials working in that building and not one of them gives a shit about their constituents.

    They are all just there to get re-elected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. law for extra ammo carry with a concealed carry permit
    By wilddude4202001 in forum Concealed Carry
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: December 10th, 2017, 12:12 AM
  2. Replies: 45
    Last Post: December 1st, 2015, 03:17 PM
  3. Replies: 33
    Last Post: November 20th, 2014, 03:06 PM
  4. Know-it-all know nothings
    By EB85 in forum General
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: November 6th, 2014, 02:08 PM
  5. Open Carry vs. Concealed Carry ~ A paper by Garry E. Harvey
    By Pa. Patriot in forum Concealed Carry
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: November 29th, 2008, 05:41 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •