Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Shotgun

(Philadelphia County)

Default Shotgun

Anyone knows good site or store where I can trade a Ruger Llc-9 NRA Edition for a shotgun? Philly metro here

(Columbia County)

Default Re: Shotgun

I don't live in that area however just about any gun shop will take a trade. However you will only get about 30% of the gun's value. You will pay a little less sales tax on the gun you are buying because you will only get taxed on the difference between the sales price of the new gun minus what the store gives you for the trade in. BTW, in my opinion the NRA edition is not likely to raise the value any. It would probably help to know what kind of shotgun you are looking for.
    Last edited by eagleclaw; January 7th, 2021 at 03:19 AM.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dddo75 View Post
    Anyone knows good site or store where I can trade a Ruger Llc-9 NRA Edition for a shotgun? Philly metro here
    Post on here in the classifieds for a trade or sale.

(Philadelphia County)

Thanks for the advice.. I honestly just want a basic 12 guage..something cheaper. I don’t own a shotgun so idk honestly. I’ll probably just wind up keeping my 9mm if I would only get around 30% back.

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dddo75 View Post
    Thanks for the advice.. I honestly just want a basic 12 guage..something cheaper. I don*t own a shotgun so idk honestly. I*ll probably just wind up keeping my 9mm if I would only get around 30% back.
    I'm not an FFL holder nor do work in a gun store. My post was only from personal experience Therefore if you really want to trade the Ruger for a shotgun it doesn't hurt to ask at several gun shops. As long as the appraisal for the ruger is free, you can always say "no". Also if that ruger is in demand the gun shop may give you more than 30%. It was only a estimate on my part.

However you should do research on line or on start another thread asking for advice on buying a shotgun. Going into a gun shop and asking about cheap shotguns might get talked into some old junk they had rusting away on the used rack for that last decade. It would help if you list

What do you want to use it for?
    If home defense; what type semi or pump?
    What Gauge?
    Want a tube magazine or detachable box magazine?
    How much do you want to spend?

Since it appears you are new to shotguns I would also suggest staying away from those stockless , short style shotguns such as the Mossberg Shockwave. In my opinion they are nothing more than a gimmick soon to be on a ban list. However I'm sure there are others here that would disagree with me.

LGS are hurting for handgun inventory especially used ! With that being said You will be able to do better than 30% ,Example Glock 19 if you paid $ 500 for it shop arpound and you will get no less than $ 400 from a LGS that has low inventory,this is just an example ! If you were closer I would do much better than 30% for my own personal collection Good Luck !

I usually figure a close ball park figure before I walk in. Current price minus 25%, then divide by 2. That is if you have taken good care of your gun.

Rick

(Philadelphia County)

Post an ad here in the classifieds or head to some place like Tanner's in Jamison or Surplus City in Feasterville.