Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ammo shortage

Default Re: Ammo shortage

Quote Originally Posted by Guacamole View Post
    Another round of the morons that think Biden is gonna take their guns to they go buy all the ammo & ruin shit for people with half a brain. Same bs happened when Obama was elected. Again, morons.
    I don't know about that. This time, is definitely different.
    Member: NJ "undocumented" Felons Club. NRA Life Member

(Allegheny County)

Another round of the morons that think Biden is gonna take their guns to they go buy all the ammo & ruin shit for people with half a brain. Same bs happened when Obama was elected. Again, morons.
    Another voice from the party of inclusiveness, tolerance, and understanding??

FEMA Region III - State College, Pennsylvania
    (Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    I'd say absolutely no doubt about that. I'd expect for it to be years to see any sort of normal pricing or supplies on shelves.

I should have gone in the gun business a few years ago. A friend of mine opened a gun store in Virginia and he's definitely set for retirement.

My expectation is not as bleak. The market forces (albeit distorted by Covid-19) will sooner or later make their presence felt. At least for the international standard calibers, i.e. the 7.62mm, 5.56mm, 9mm NATO rounds, perhaps 7.62mmx39 and .30-06. Those are like commodities, if you are willing to pay there will be supply, from somewhere in the world. Remember in the later part of Obama administration there were all those unfamiliar brands of ammo, imported from countries that you may or may not be able to locate on a map, for sale everywhere? I predict that, given a few months of lead time the old international supply chain will start flowing again. I expect to see brands such as Independence/IWI (Israel), PMC (South Korea), ZQ1 (Turkey), ADI Outback (Australia), Wolf Gold (Taiwan for 55gr FMJ .223, Serbia for other calibers), Armscor (Philippines), RWS (Germany), and Sellier & Bellot (Czech Republic) to appear online and in stores /gun shows near you again, for reasonable prices.

But if your favorite caliber is, say, .45/70 Government... Buy yourself reloading equipment and learn to reload, I guess.

FEMA Region III - State College, Pennsylvania
    (Centre County)

^^^^ In addition to commercial sources of new productions, standard military calibers ammo can also be relatively easily sourced via surplus market. With the Covid-19 induced lockdowns and the resulting economic damages, I also think that more than a few countries would be willing to sell anything they can to earn some hard currency. So I further expect to see much military surplus ammo to be "suddenly found in our warehouse".

(Allegheny County)

Well I guess I must be one of those morons.

I agree with sota. This time, is definitely different.

(Bucks County)

Says the guy with a WTB ad in the classified for someone to sell him ammo at pre-panic prices.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

(Montgomery County)

Democrat- "you guys who bought a bunch of ammo at cheap prices because you knew that another shortage was inevitable are morons"

same democrat- "hey, I need ammo and you morons have to charge me the price I could have paid a year ago... "

sounds totally reasonable.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by CallinSIC View Post
    Democrat- "you guys who bought a bunch of ammo at cheap prices because you knew that another shortage was inevitable are morons"

same democrat- "hey, I need ammo and you morons have to charge me the price I could have paid a year ago... "

sounds totally reasonable.
    Yup, amazing that those of us prepared for the bad are the morons and not the guy crying.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by Fortytwo View Post
    My expectation is not as bleak. The market forces (albeit distorted by Covid-19) will sooner or later make their presence felt. At least for the international standard calibers, i.e. the 7.62mm, 5.56mm, 9mm NATO rounds, perhaps 7.62mmx39 and .30-06. Those are like commodities, if you are willing to pay there will be supply, from somewhere in the world. Remember in the later part of Obama administration there were all those unfamiliar brands of ammo, imported from countries that you may or may not be able to locate on a map, for sale everywhere? I predict that, given a few months of lead time the old international supply chain will start flowing again. I expect to see brands such as Independence/IWI (Israel), PMC (South Korea), ZQ1 (Turkey), ADI Outback (Australia), Wolf Gold (Taiwan for 55gr FMJ .223, Serbia for other calibers), Armscor (Philippines), RWS (Germany), and Sellier & Bellot (Czech Republic) to appear online and in stores /gun shows near you again, for reasonable prices.

But if your favorite caliber is, say, .45/70 Government... Buy yourself reloading equipment and learn to reload, I guess.
    We are already seeing some of those foreign brands come into the country and I think that will help some. But I think it's going to take a long time to satisfy demand at this point.

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by rensdd View Post
    Well I guess I must be one of those morons.

I agree with sota. This time, is definitely different.
    I think so too. Not only are we coming out of a major year of turmoil, we are rolling right into a democrat run government with their eyes on guns.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast