Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: GA senate race

(York County)

Default Re: GA senate race

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    Yep I agree, I'm not going to be all doom and gloomy about it.
    Yeah, nor I... Unless they kill the filibuster.
    DGAF

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    I want this country to have the full Democrat experience. I really believe that the only way for Republicans to ever win again is for Democrats to fuck everything up so bad its undeniable. Maybe if gas is $6/gal, taxes increase 10%, the market tanks and our medical system is ruined and they outlaw guns people will vote differently. Until then we'll do what all Republicans always do. Bend over and take it. Maybe we'll get crazy and write our representatives.
    I concur 100%
    Burn it to the ground. Let the dems show their what they really want.
    FUCK BIDEN

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Defender View Post
    Let's see if Manchin follows through. The fact that he remains a Democrat leaves him suspect in my mind. Question: Could you be a Democrat in today's Democrat Party?
    Nope. I couldn't even be one back in the mid 90s when it was "easier." Yes....sadly, I was initially indoctrinated in 1990 by the Temple University School of Social Administration. Fortunately, that didnt last long.

Even my old democrat state senator John Yudchak became an independent because he was/is a moderate (and a 2A supporter).

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    I disagree. Manchin likes to go on FNC and spout moderate BS and then votes dem. He voted to impeach, and did not support Barrett.
    Don't think he will go along with ultra extreme anti 2A bills, but he and Toomey had circle jerks over universal background checks.
    Believe me, I don't buy the 'centrist' line. He's sorta like Susan Collins in reverse.

I see two critical factors with him.

1) Actual votes. Like with Collins, they're gonna 'whip' him hard if his vote is the decider, but 'let' him vote the other way on something that's going to pass (or fail) anyway regardless. This is the danger zone: when they come with "Anything you want Joe, just vote yes on removing the filibuster and the world is yours"...

2) Death by Committee. Where he's MORE likely to be of help is if he signals he's not on board with something and thus it never gets out of committee because they know it won't pass. You won't "see" this, but it's just as impactful.

Schumer is politician enough to not bring things to the floor for a vote unless a) the outcome is already set or b) he's putting spotlight/pressure on a waffler. The latter is where we might see tough votes (like filibuster) come up.

AFAIC, filibuster will be their #1 first priority as that enables the rest (e.g. 'court packing' will never see a vote with the filibuster in place). It's the absolute #1 firewall that remains and if it goes, it's toast-time.
    DGAF

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by KCJones View Post
    AFAIC, filibuster will be their #1 first priority as that enables the rest (e.g. 'court packing' will never see a vote with the filibuster in place). It's the absolute #1 firewall that remains and if it goes, it's toast-time.
    If they pack the courts and try to give statehood to PR and DC they're basically solidifying democrat rule forever. I would hope things get VERY toasty then if you get my meaning.
    F*#K THE ATF

(Tioga County)

Basically the next two years are going to be a mess. We have a lame duck house, a lame duck senate and a senile old man as President with a cackling hyena as vice President.

One thing is clear, 2020 is the last gasp of baby boomers being the dominate group in power. They will have had the reigns of power from 1993 to 2024 or so but I think from here on out will be the decline in their influence on everything.

Republicans need a new leader in the Senate.

Why does it seem that the dems are so hard at work trying to bring the country down, but the Republicans never work as hard to bring it up.
    "May the odds be ever in America's favor"

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeCan99 View Post
    Why does it seem that the dems are so hard at work trying to bring the country down, but the Republicans never work as hard to bring it up.
    Because they have mostly the same agendas.
    FUCK BIDEN

The Senate is now lost, unless there are some Moderate Dems remaining that will jump ship on various issues. The only good news is that the SCOTUS is right leaning. That's our Alamo for now. I don't think that there will be a so called "court packing".
    My GGG Grandpappy,front row (20th NC, Co. F.) and Family Circa 1900.

Nothing will be done up until AND after veep declares joe/hoe the winners...Once those two are confirmed, The Republic is dead forever and the Dark Winter commences..Hope Im wrong but Im not...Republic dies before noon EST today....omo.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast