Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast

Thread: GA senate race

(Chester County)

Default Re: GA senate race

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    This is what I don't get, in the last 4 years the Republicans never had the votes to do 50 state reciprocity, eliminate Obamacare etc..... for the same reason Democrats don't have absolute power even if they control the house senate and presidency. They never had a filibuster proof majority.

The Democrats had a filibuster proof Senate when Obama care got passed. It's the only reason they could get it done. The Republicans never had this. Expecting the Republicans to do everything we want is unrealistic and blaming them for not doing so is pointless and needlessly divisive.
    When Trump was elected, Republicans had the House, Senate, and a majority of state Governors. If they put real pressure on the Dem legislators, they could have flushed out who is and is not pro-2nd. They might have gotten something approved, or at the very least brought the conversation into the mainstream.

However, instead they did NOTHING, saying it was "not time" yet. If they had really pushed for some change and failed, I could live with that. But they did nothing, and provided anti-gun legislators great cover to stay under the radar and fool people into thinking they are pro-2nd.

Republicans also did nothing with Obama Care, despite numerous promises. And tax simplification? Yeah, they simplified it all right! They simplified it by eliminating tax deductions causing my taxes to go up, not down. Republicans didn't do crap for 4 years, except for Trump getting some conservative SC picks which is huge.

But doing nothing for 4 years won't stop Republicans from promising all kinds of things if we just elect them back into office. People are seeing through the Republicans. Maybe that's why most Republicans didn't turn out in GA to vote. Do you REALLY think its because they hate Trump so much?? I just spent a week down south and there are still huge Trump signs everywhere. I talked to a bunch of people and they were ALL Trump supporters. And they don't much appreciate the way the Republican Party did not support him for the last 4 years. Republicans sorta make me feel like Charlie Brown thinking, hoping and praying that maybe, just maybe THIS TIME Lucy will really let me kick the ball. But I'll only end up on my butt again, wondering why.

Ideally, there should be a solution to all this. Some change of plans to seek a better future outcome. But I honest to goodness can't think of one. We can hope and pray for better R candidates, but there is too much money involved and they will run who they want, not who we want. D's have received the test answers for successful vote fraud, and I expect they will use it from now on with little R objection, just like this time. I just don't know where to go from here. But I truly believe America's best days are behind her. It only gets worse from here.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by sbmania View Post
    When Trump was elected, Republicans had the House, Senate, and a majority of state Governors. If they put real pressure on the Dem legislators, they could have flushed out who is and is not pro-2nd. They might have gotten something approved, or at the very least brought the conversation into the mainstream.

However, instead they did NOTHING, saying it was "not time" yet. If they had really pushed for some change and failed, I could live with that. But they did nothing, and provided anti-gun legislators great cover to stay under the radar and fool people into thinking they are pro-2nd.

Republicans also did nothing with Obama Care, despite numerous promises. And tax simplification? Yeah, they simplified it all right! They simplified it by eliminating tax deductions causing my taxes to go up, not down. Republicans didn't do crap for 4 years, except for Trump getting some conservative SC picks which is huge.

But doing nothing for 4 years won't stop Republicans from promising all kinds of things if we just elect them back into office. People are seeing through the Republicans. Maybe that's why most Republicans didn't turn out in GA to vote. Do you REALLY think its because they hate Trump so much?? I just spent a week down south and there are still huge Trump signs everywhere. I talked to a bunch of people and they were ALL Trump supporters. And they don't much appreciate the way the Republican Party did not support him for the last 4 years. Republicans sorta make me feel like Charlie Brown thinking, hoping and praying that maybe, just maybe THIS TIME Lucy will really let me kick the ball. But I'll only end up on my butt again, wondering why.

Ideally, there should be a solution to all this. Some change of plans to seek a better future outcome. But I honest to goodness can't think of one. We can hope and pray for better R candidates, but there is too much money involved and they will run who they want, not who we want. D's have received the test answers for successful vote fraud, and I expect they will use it from now on with little R objection, just like this time. I just don't know where to go from here. But I truly believe America's best days are behind her. It only gets worse from here.
    Pretty much all exactly right.

I think the same is true of the D's now that they hold 'all the cards'.

The issue isn't D Vs. R, it's establishment vs. actual change.
    DGAF

Unfortunately getting your party into power seems to be more of a defensive move in that there will be less of a chance of having legislation you disagree with get through. It*s a shame that seems to be the bar. I*m not saying that I was happy with everything when the Republicans controlled both houses and the presidency. Ryan was a joke and no friend to the us. But I think the party gets blamed for some things that were beyond their control at the time.

Is the best behind us? I don*t know, I hope the party and the base says *we just got our asses kicked, time to fight back harder than ever* and does not take that lying down. But we (all of us, not saying you and I specifically) are the base, we are part of the solution or the problem.

I do things to support the 2nd and the Republican Party every year. I need to think long and hard about what I can improve on to try to keep the best from being over. I hope that the base does not roll over in a defeatist attitude but comes back stronger than ever.

Like them or hate them that*s what the democrats did. A lot of what you said applied to them 4 years ago. They were down and out after Trump won in 2016. They were lost, discourage etc.... but they did not give up. Republicans have to do the same or the best is behind us.
    Last edited by internet troll; January 8th, 2021 at 08:11 PM.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco the Iroc View Post
    nuke.jpg

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    The American flag is flying UPSIDE DOWN atop the West Virginia State Capitol today. Flying a flag upside down is a signal of great Danger or distress. Last night, the White House flew the Betsy Ross Flag (1776) atop the White House, a signal from our President of REVOLUTION being needed. These two sovereign entities sending signals to the American people via flag displays makes it clear our nation is in great peril......omo.

I changed my fb pic to this distress signal this morning.
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

Better be careful, there's a LOT of people here who don't like to / cannot see the truth
    Genesis 27:3
    Support Your Local Hawaiian Shirt Enthusiasts

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by mccula View Post
    Better be careful, there's a LOT of people here who don't like to / cannot see the truth
    We're under duress for sure, but we are also 70+ million strong. We need not capitulate. We need to better organize and take back the country. Obviously, the republikan party is not the organization to do the job, so we need to replace it with another and with better and stronger leadership. It can be done if we impose our collective will.
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Allegheny County)

Republicans also did nothing with Obama Care, despite numerous promises. And tax simplification? Yeah, they simplified it all right! They simplified it by eliminating tax deductions causing my taxes to go up, not down.
    Cut my taxes by something like $3000/year. I'm happy about it.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by KCJones View Post
    Pretty much all exactly right.

I think the same is true of the D's now that they hold 'all the cards'.

The issue isn't D Vs. R, it's establishment vs. actual change.
    COTUS should be modified to require that if the majority of seats in Congress are held by only 2 parties, and if one of those parties has the majority of seats in both houses of Congress, that the Senate be "controlled" by whichever party does not have majority seats in the House (here, "controlled" means having the ability to set agenda, schedule item for a vote, and set the "rules" that apply). This would prevent either of the two parties from steamrolling whatever the fuck it wants through Congress.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    It's not Trump's fault these seats are lost. The do-nothing "republicans" have done nothing. It's the "republican" party's fault. They suck. They are same as the democrats. We were screwed in November. The "republicans" did NOTHING. NOT ONE THING. Now, when there is nothing they can do, they're going to put a play on TV tomorrow by contesting the results. Big whoop-dee-do!
    Sorry but it looks like it IS Trump's fault. Too many people saying its all rigged on the side of the dimocrats and just enough people stayed away or changed their vote to the perceived lesser evil.

Those phone calls to the GA secretary of State didn't help at all. Once again all he had to do was just shut up, but he has to appear to be trying to get steal the election by calling the guy on the phone over and over and telling him to get votes or else. Spin it as the evil leftist media, but his voice is on the record. No amount of spin can fix the damage of a man claiming the other side tried to steal the election then doing the same himself.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast