Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: GA senate race

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: GA senate race

Quote Originally Posted by Defender View Post
    ...Question: Could you be a Democrat in today's Democrat Party?
    Oh hell no! Then again, I'm pretty dicey about 'being a Republican' too.

There's an old saying "If you're not liberal when you're young, you have no heart. If you're not conservative as you age, you have no brain."

Last time I voted D it was my 2nd time voting. I was the former: young, dumb & inexperienced. Rightly or wrongly, I wouldn't forgive Bush I for his "read my lips" lie. OTOH, it was for Bill Clinton and he would be run out of the D Party as a 'fascist' if he ran that campaign/platform today. I'd actually have voted for Perot before his "I'm in / I'm out / I'm in" routine made him unelectable, IMO.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" - Ben Franklin.

(Clinton County)

Hey, at least Republicans can pretend to be righteous constitutional conservatives again. Next election everyone will hold their noses, vote the "lesser of two evils", the pendulum will swing back and the cycle will continue.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by KJP442 View Post
    If they pack the courts and try to give statehood to PR and DC they're basically solidifying democrat rule forever. I would hope things get VERY toasty then if you get my meaning.
    Yup.

If they kill the filibuster, all that follows. Total shit-show, and I think 'toasty' is a real possibility.

If they keep the filibuster and can't pass much on a 50+1 basis, things will still suck, but not 'toasty' bad.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" - Ben Franklin.

(McKean County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    Hey, at least Republicans can pretend to be righteous constitutional conservatives again. Next election everyone will hold their noses, vote the "lesser of two evils", the pendulum will swing back and the cycle will continue.
    Not me bud.
    I'm done with this shit.
    Let the country burn, No more RINO's for me. They're just democrats.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Allegheny County)

why would they not pack the court? they would love to do it and there's nothing stopping them. this appears to be a full blown power grab. it largely is only a question of the order in which they do things & the speed of how much they can get done, given that they'll need to manufacture news/propaganda to limit dissent.

Eliminating filibuster,
    Packing courts
    AWB
    Statehood for DC and PR

It'd be really hard for them to ever lose an election, be held accountable for corruption (already extremely rare) or get their new laws stopped after that

(Chester County)

It's done, stick a fork in it. The fraud backers will now go along with new gun laws too. God rest the republic it was great while it lasted. Elections from here on out will be a mere formality.

Quote Originally Posted by KCJones View Post

Schumer is politician enough to not bring things to the floor for a vote unless a) the outcome is already set or b) he's putting spotlight/pressure on a waffler. The latter is where we might see tough votes (like filibuster) come up.

AFAIC, filibuster will be their #1 first priority as that enables the rest (e.g. 'court packing' will never see a vote with the filibuster in place). It's the absolute #1 firewall that remains and if it goes, it's toast-time.
    I think the media might talk about it, but I do not think it will be an issue until year two. As you said Schumer is a politician. He will wait until there are a bunch of votes that the republicans stonewall against and start crying about gridlock and obstruction. Then they would start threatening getting rid of the filibuster as a way to justify the move.

They have control but will still play politics.
    Proof Armed citizens make a difference. http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=316012

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    It's done, stick a fork in it. The fraud backers will now go along with new gun laws too. God rest the republic it was great while it lasted. Elections from here on out will be a mere formality.
    The Republican had everything going for them a couple of years ago and screwed it up. Don't underestimate the democrats ability to do the same.
    Proof Armed citizens make a difference. http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=316012

(Chester County)

You, sir, are exactly correct! The Republicans can now safely rave and rant and promise all kinds of things if they get back in power. 50 state reciprocity, hearing protection, tax reform, eliminate Obama Care. Then, when they get back in (if ever again with the perfected method of vote fraud), they can forget all about us and commence feathering their beds again. There's a big, grand and wonderous party going on! Except none of us are invited.

(Chester County)

You're just wrong. There is no coming back from this one.

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast