Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Kel Tec P50 5.7x28 Pistol

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

It arrived.

Playing with the gun the first thing I noticed was the QD mounts. The included QD won't go in. I put a good amount of force on it, but not so much as to break it. It left a good impression on my thumb, but wouldn't go past half way.

Opened it up and everything felt and looked solid. I think I got the upgraded bolt, it looks shiny. but I'm not certain.

The charging handle feels flimsy. Not terrible.

Opening up there's a spring loaded dot on the front that makes contact with the frame, but it allows you to hyper-extend it open to fold completely flat. However, that dot on the front does not like that, and getting back to closed requires pressing in on the dot, which seems to have a serious spring. The first time I didn't realize what was catching and accidently, nearly split the lower in half and ripping the dot out. I did not care for this, I would add a hard stop, or some other way to limit it so it doesn't break the frame if you accidently close it.

My p50 came with 1 mag that has the square dot that locks in the recessed part of the frame allowing you to more easily close the gun because it stays in place and doesn't slide about. It also came with one FN magazine as near as i can tell. It is identical to ones I have from FN already, including the end plate, tinting, and base plate. The middle and bottom magazines are the ones I received.

Unless someone snuck a factory PS90 mag in there, it's a Korean copy. Kel Tec switched from ProMag to a Korean vendor a while back because they had so many problems with the ProMag magazines. This is according to Chad Enos from Kel Tec. I recommend ditching the ProMag or at least upgrading the rollers with a set of Man Kave (if you can find them) or a set of Sure Cycle aluminum rollers. I have both types in all of my mags (FN and ProMag) and they work great. The Man Kave rollers in my ProMags solved feeding issues with the P50, but I still prefer factory FN mags. Interestingly, the ProMag worked just fine in my PS90 without the rollers.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456