Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Remington 700 Series?

I have a 2010 700. It is a AAC-SD version in 308.

I replaced the stock w/ a Manners stock (including their bottom metal & a detachable magazine) & the trigger with a Timney. The basic barreled action is original. This gun shoots better than 0.75moa at 600 yards (based on five groups of five shots).

One nice thing about the 700 is that there are a ton of customized parts for them & everyone knows how to work on them.

(Lancaster County)

Winchester Model 70 is what you seek. Don't go down the wormhole of the pre/post 64 bullshit either the new M70's coming off the FN line are far better that the pre 64's and much better rifles than m700's. I have two super grades and one that went through the Custom shop before closing its doors in New Haven in the 90's. they will out shoot every M700 Ive seen or touched and they came that way out of the box, did not need to send them to some rifle guru with a fist full of cash to get them accurate....your mileage may vary
    Browning A bolt or X bolt are also better options, although the aftermarket is nowhere close to the M700's options

I have several, .270 WIN, 7MM rem mag, .223, .308
    the last 2 are varmint heavy barrels I got from cabelas when they were on sale for $425
    Stocks are craptacular, Im playing around with the stock on one to se if its worth doing the other with epoxy and pillar aluminum bedding
    They have all been good shooters for the price
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

I would buy a Savage or a Weatherby instead. Savage if I wanted to get into precision rifle.

(Mifflin County)

Quote Originally Posted by SgtRecon View Post
    Winchester Model 70 is what you seek. Don't go down the wormhole of the pre/post 64 bullshit either the new M70's coming off the FN line are far better that the pre 64's and much better rifles than m700's. I have two super grades and one that went through the Custom shop before closing its doors in New Haven in the 90's. they will out shoot every M700 Ive seen or touched and they came that way out of the box, did not need to send them to some rifle guru with a fist full of cash to get them accurate....your mileage may vary
    Browning A bolt or X bolt are also better options, although the aftermarket is nowhere close to the M700's options
    Yes sir !

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123