Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Reloaders pay it forward/not for profit

THE IDEA
    So I am not sure if this is the right place for this, but I am going to give it a shot. I want to try something different. Times are crazy and even reloading has become extremely expensive, so I thought it would be cool to try and get a group where it was kind of a pay it forward, or not for profit deal. Allow me to explain...

Say you are planning on taking a trip to the local gun store, you make a post asking if anyone is looking for anything in particular (the further ahead of time the better). Perhaps someone needs a specific powder, bullet, die set, etc. you go to the store and they have it. If your funds allow you, you purchase it for them, and then sell it to them for the same price you paid. Or simply let them know that you saw what they needed, and they can get it themselves. No price inflation due to market value.

Or maybe you have tons of supplies that you have stock piled over the years, and you realize you can afford to let some of it go. Offer it up, and give it a couple days, if it get a lot of interest then find a good way to split it up (if possible) so that everyone gets a share. Sell it for the price you bought it for or at least something fair.

Another thing could be reloading equipment. Maybe you have lots of random pieces of equipment that you do not use any more, and would be than willing to donate or sell for a very fair price in order to help others out.

A COUPLE NOTES
    I did not post this in the marketplace forum because of the inability for members to reply to threads.
    I thought this would be something nice to help each other out during these shitty times and bring a little light to a dark situation
    Feel free to share with other members... The larger the community, the greater the opportunity

"RULES"
    If you are trying to make a profit due to the high market values of items, please do not post
    Please post what you have available, or what you are looking for. Lets only limit this to items that directly pertain to reloading
    Please reply to posts through PMs, do not flood the page with responses to previous posts... message the OP directly
    No need to list prices of items, you can discuss that with the interested parties through PMs
    This should go without saying, but please be kind and courteous to everyone here. Act with honesty and integrity
    If this gets to be popular, I will try and monitor the best I can for anything suspicious or members trying to advantage
    Last edited by ztucker123; January 2nd, 2021 at 11:50 PM.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Reloaders pay it forward

So I will start. I have several items that I would be willing to part with.
    3k large rifle magnum primers
    Several different rifle powders (4831, 7828, Varget)
    Lots of reloading equipment (progressive press, 308 dies, perfect powder measures, hand primers, manual scale, and more)

I am in need of H335 powder, small rifle primers, and 223 brass

I am also planning on taking a trip to a couple local shops this saturday if anyone is looking for anything.

(Lancaster County)

Doesn't seem like this is going to gain any traction. I'll give it a few more days, and if there's no interest, I'll delete

It's a good thing you are trying to do. I just think greed makes people look out for themself.

I live in Montgomery Co and my reloading go to store is Shyda's in Lebanon. They normally have more reloading components than most other LGS.

How much .223 brass do you need?

Might be more successful as a simple "Barter Thread" ?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by aubie515 View Post
    It's a good thing you are trying to do. I just think greed makes people look out for themself.

I live in Montgomery Co and my reloading go to store is Shyda's in Lebanon. They normally have more reloading components than most other LGS.

How much .223 brass do you need?
    Been there 2x in the past week and stuff is getting low but they do have 115gr .355 for like $90/1,000, no primers except magnum, and powder is low. Off the top of my head.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Lancaster County)

Hey guys, appreciate the responses. I know of shydas, but haven't been there. I have really good luck finding powder at the village arms in gap. Aside from that they don't have many reloading supplies. If you guys are looking for any powders in particular, I can keep an eye out next time I go. I usually stop in at least once a week. I do have some random powders that aren't necessarily my "go to" powders, but will work for my loads if I'm in a pinch. If anyone is interested, I have h4350, varget, h4831sc, imr 4831, 7828ssc, and cfe pistol that I could part with if someone is in need.

(Lancaster County)

I have a pound of h335. If you need. Do you need 223 brass or could it be 5.56 also?

(Allegheny County)

Did a deal with ztucker123 VERY fair and helpful Thank you

(Lancaster County)

Just saw this thread. Great idea.

Ztucker, sending you a pm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast