Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Remember: crossing a fog line not justification for a traffic stop.

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    Because incidentally crossing the fog line isn*t a crime, and is often safer then staying exactly inside the lines.
    Maybe under certain circumstances, but if those circumstances are not present and someone is continually driving onto the line, I would give it a second look. Even someone straddling the line is worth a look. If nothing else occurs then no stop.

(Bucks County)

Route 206 in PRNJ has speed bumps (frost heaves...whatever) at every butt end of the concrete slabs. At 50 mph its a heave every second or so. 4-wheel, no biggie. Motorcycle, it's a mother - ***. I ride the white line for miles on the bike.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Maybe under certain circumstances, but if those circumstances are not present and someone is continually driving onto the line, I would give it a second look. Even someone straddling the line is worth a look. If nothing else occurs then no stop.
    Well yea. That is what the law says more or less.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

I see the "texting weave" with some frequency, as people look up now and then at 70 MPH and veer back off the lines, because they just HAVE to text while driving. You see the correction back into the lane about every 10-15 seconds.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    I see the "texting weave" with some frequency, as people look up now and then at 70 MPH and veer back off the lines, because they just HAVE to text while driving. You see the correction back into the lane about every 10-15 seconds.
    What I notice on I-76 is the cars doing well below the speed limit. As I pass them, they are on their phone.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Wait until they start pulling you over for not wearing a mask inside your car.

Makes as much sense as stopping people for not wearing seat belts.
    Stopping people? I got a $150 fine in Washington state, just after crossing the border, and almost got a fleeing citation, because I thought the sheriff was chasing the car that just passed me doing two times the speed limit. I was doing 35 mph. And the sheriff kept yelling at me asking why I didn't stop. BTW, this was the first day that not wearing a belt was a primary offense.

(Bucks County)

Seat belt laws and aggressive driving campaigns is in collusion with the insurance companies. That accident form provided by the police is designed to accommodate the needs of any insurance company with an interest in the event.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

What I notice on I-76 is the cars doing well below the speed limit. As I pass them, they are on their phone.
    What I notice is when drivers see a cop , they do 5-10 below the speed limit! Cop could be doing 35 in the left lane of a 45 zone (texting on his phone!) , and no one will pass him!
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    What I notice is when drivers see a cop , they do 5-10 below the speed limit! Cop could be doing 35 in the left lane of a 45 zone (texting on his phone!) , and no one will pass him!
    I had a friend in high school that passed a cop on I-95 in south florida (friend was doing 55, knowingly, and was essentially dared to pass the cop). Cop pulled him over and told him he was dumb to pass a cop and that he was "driving too fast for conditions" (the roads were wet, or it was a light rain, I can't remember, but certainly no reason not to be doing 55). No ticket given, just a "warning". Translation: Jerk cop.

I passed a cop doing over 100 on I95 in south carolina. Didn't even see him in the lane,
    lights went on, as I was pulling to the side of the road he passed me and jumped the medium,
    and went the other way

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast