Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Columbia County)

Default Re: Anyone else carrying a "mouse-gun" ?

In my view the decision to carry a gun in smaller size is more applicable to the summer months. Most people I know that carry use carry ammo to carry and practice ammo on the range. Most people that prepared had a stash of carry ammo they acquired before the buying panic. However carrying a "mouse gun" is better than carrying no gun.

(Mercer County)

I always carry a mouse gun (9mm or .38 Special) in my right front pocket and my EDC a Colt Delta in a shoulder holster or belt holster
    The oracle is in. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!!

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by MOUNTAINORACLE View Post
    I always carry a mouse gun (9mm or .38 Special) in my right front pocket and my EDC a Colt Delta in a shoulder holster or belt holster
    I always understood mouse guns to be calibers smaller than 9mm or .38 Special. Even though they can be pocket carried, I would never consider my P365 or J-frame S&W's "mouse guns".

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    I always understood mouse guns to be calibers smaller than 9mm or .38 Special. Even though they can be pocket carried, I would never consider my P365 or J-frame S&W's "mouse guns".
    I guess it would help this thread if a specific definition of a " Mouse gun" had been given.

Depends what your definition is of mouse gun: are we talking caliber wise or physical size?

Rarely will I grab the 22lr just for something if I’m walking next door to the C-store. And really it’s only for comfort/convenience/something-is-better-than-nothing since it’s a western style OWB holster vs my AIWB kydex g17 setup from Kennedy holsters.

I normally won’t carry anything smaller than the g17 with 2 extra mags though (98% of the time), and I don’t pocket carry or own compact/subcompacts. Better to be prepared with extra rounds and not need them than...well, you know the rest.

(Chester County)

I most often carry a LCP with Hogue Handall grip sleeve and Ruger factory 7-round magazine, loaded with Fiocchi 95 gr. XTP rounds. Front pocket carry in a DiSantis Nemesis holster or on a belt slide leather holster. If you own a LCP, you owe it to yourself to checkout the Hogue grip and Ruger 7-round mag., they make a world of difference IMO.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    I don't carry them but I had two coworkers who fancied the little Beretta Tomcat handguns.One of them even carried a pair and he used one of them one night on a fool who thought that he would be an easy carjack target.
    I (and many other people) had bad experiences with the Tomcat's frame breaking. Only the INOX version seemed to not be vulnerable to that. I prefer a KelTec P32 for pants pocket carry in summer and a P 3AT in winter for coat pocket carry. I used to carry a pointed stick just in case I was attacked by somebody wielding a banana, but I got cured when a 2-ton weight fell on me (Monty Python reference for the ignorant).
    Know your audience. Don't try to sell a Prius at a Monster Truck Rally.

(Philadelphia County)

I was carrying an LCR 22LR w green laser grip and sometimes an LCP II 22LR off and on all summer; both are so light/ small and easy to carry - and have been extremely reliable for me thus far. Also carry a P32 w/ 10+1 mag (32acp) at times.
    For winter, I have been pocket carrying my DB9 gen4 9mm - more layers etc in winter so decided to up the caliber... not sure if this really matters but it is what I have been doing.
    Always on the fence about the caliber debates honestly...

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by dannyb View Post
    I (and many other people) had bad experiences with the Tomcat's frame breaking. Only the INOX version seemed to not be vulnerable to that. I prefer a KelTec P32 for pants pocket carry in summer and a P 3AT in winter for coat pocket carry. I used to carry a pointed stick just in case I was attacked by somebody wielding a banana, but I got cured when a 2-ton weight fell on me (Monty Python reference for the ignorant).
    just to be outrageous I would claim that the P32 is most size/ weight/ firepower efficient handgun that exists currently for CC

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by bugout View Post
    just to be outrageous I would claim that the P32 is most size/ weight/ firepower efficient handgun that exists currently for CC
    I think that I'll avoid the caliber cacaphony, but I tend to agree that the economic ergonomics of the P32 work for me.
    Know your audience. Don't try to sell a Prius at a Monster Truck Rally.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast