Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Scope or red dot for M&P15-22 pistol?

Picked up a M&P15.22LR pistol yesterday. Can't decide which I should put on it.

Either way, what are some decent options? Not looking to spend a fortune as it's just a paper puncher.

Default Re: Scope or red dot for M&P15-22 pistol?

If you decide to go red dot I can recommend this. My now 9 year old son has it on his AR 22lr pistol for the last two years and it’s held up very well. I will say the 1st one I purchased had a minor defect so it was sent back and replaced. The 2nd has been solid since I received it. For another 22lr plinking rifle I would defiantly buy it again.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07F2...b_b_asin_title

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    If you decide to go red dot I can recommend this. My now 9 year old son has it on his AR 22lr pistol for the last two years and it*s held up very well. I will say the 1st one I purchased had a minor defect so it was sent back and replaced. The 2nd has been solid since I received it. For another 22lr plinking rifle I would defiantly buy it again.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07F2...b_b_asin_title
    Awesome, thanks. Just ordered it

(Blair County)

During the last go around about pistol braces there was scuttlebutt about variable scopes being evidence that the weapon was being regularly shouldered. I had a 1x4 on mine to test accuracy, but it makes a pistol SO MUCH LARGER....like if you wanted to car carry it. I switched it over to a holosun red dot and like it a lot better. I went from under 1 moa to 3 moa at 100 but its much more fun and mobile. Just realized yours is a 22, but really no different I guess mines on a 300blk.