Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Eotech 512 or holosun micro 2? Solar?!

Is it really worth the $400 for a new eotech 512 vs a holosun micro 2 for $150? Or the solar version for $200?

Been researching and the holosun seems g2g.
    Emergency Medicine prevents natural selection

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Eotech 512 or holosun micro 2? Solar?!

I have an EOTECH on an AR PCC. My good friend has the Holosun solar on a CZ PCC. The Holosun is a good sight, but I prefer my EOTECH. $250 more? Yes for me, but I don*t know your finances. I prefer the larger field of view and that I can turn up brightness to *flare* the 1 moa dot for speed steel or leave it slightly dimmer for the 1 moa precision. On the Holosun, the dot is very nicely defined, but it won*t *flare.*

(Berks County)

Finances are not a factor exactly. I can swing $408 shipped for a lifetime warranty item. Trying to find a good 512 youtube review is harder than expected.

(Bucks County)

Depends if you support China or the US...

Holosun gets good reviews and some innovative features...

I prefer Aimpoints.....

(Berks County)

I'm liking shake awake, solar, lifetime warranty, and 10 year battery life of holosun.

Didn't realize eotech was 10 yr limited warranty...

(York County)

I'm seeking one for my new Windham AR-10. Does anybody make a red dot with magnification more than x1? My Sightmark on my M&P 15 is a nice sight for the money. What about the Sigs? Are they Chinese?

(Franklin County)

On paper Holosun beats EOTech across the board, cost, warranty, battery life, shake awake, weight, red or green optics. BUT, you have to get past the "made in China" thing, totally your decision on that, There's something to be said for Made in USA.
    I had an EOTech 512 years ago and turned it in when they were offering the buyback. I like the circle dot reticle but the EOtech reticle looked vague (not crisp), so I went with Holosun for my next red dot. I now have two Holosuns, a 403 and a 510. Both have been 100% reliable. I love the shake awake and battery life on both and the reticles are much clearer than the EOTech. My most recent red dot purchase was a Sig Romeo5. Had it to the range yesterday for the first time. It's not a circle dot but I think it's going to be a decent inexpensive red dot. Word has it that Sigs are made by Holosun, I don't know that as fact but it wouldn't surprise me, they are very close in feel and function.
    There are tons of budget and mid range red dots out there now, don't limit yourself to two brands, Think about products from Vortex, Burris, even Meprlight makes some interesting quality options especially if battery life, shake awake and solar are important to you.
    The Hostler

(Chester County)

My choice would be one of the following:

Aimpoint T1, T2, H1, H2, Comp M5
    Trijicon MRO

I do not like EOTechs. They have never had a clear picture for me. I want crisp and clean. Not flared or starburst. Aside from that, they have serious parallax issues.

I currently own a couple Holosuns. They’ve been great. Sig red dots get a good rap as well. If this were a go-to-war rifle, I would choose and aimpoint or Trijicon.

If you want magnification, you should look towards prism sights or magnifiers.

If you want magnification, I would strongly advise to look at LPVO’s like a 1-6x.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by mosseater View Post
    I'm seeking one for my new Windham AR-10. Does anybody make a red dot with magnification more than x1? My Sightmark on my M&P 15 is a nice sight for the money. What about the Sigs? Are they Chinese?
    Word has it Sigs are made by Holosun, I own both and they are very much alike.
    If you want magnification you're probably going to have to look at a prism optic, or magnifier. Disadvantage with these is you have to maintain a particular eye relief that you wouldn't have to worry about with a non magnified optic.
    The Hostler

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ianb1116 View Post
    My choice would be one of the following:

Aimpoint T1, T2, H1, H2, Comp M5
    Trijicon MRO

I do not like EOTechs. They have never had a clear picture for me. I want crisp and clean. Not flared or starburst. Aside from that, they have serious parallax issues.

I currently own a couple Holosuns. They*ve been great. Sig red dots get a good rap as well. If this were a go-to-war rifle, I would choose and aimpoint or Trijicon.

If you want magnification, you should look towards prism sights or magnifiers.

If you want magnification, I would strongly advise to look at LPVO*s like a 1-6x.
    MROs also have serious parallax issues.

For me, there's nothing worth it in the middle ground of red dots. Either go low end with Holosun, or high end with Aimpoint.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast