Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not a fan BUT

(Monroe County)

Default Not a fan BUT

I'm not a fan of Dunkelbergers in Stroudsburg and Brodhedsville but stop in occasionally just to look. A couple of weeks ago we stopped in at the Brodhedsville store and the cases and walls were nearly empty. I did spot a Springfield Ronin in 10 mm that I had been looking for for quite some time. We were on a time budget so I dfidn't get to look at it. Next day we stopped back and I got to handle the Ronin. I have been watching Gun Broker for one and they were selling way over MSRP, (Springfield lists MSRP at $849) so I was quite surprised to see it NIB at $789.95. When I said I'll take it, salesman said just a minute and he went in back and came out with another one still sealed in box. Background check took about 3 minutes but the old fart at the counter took almost 45 minutes to get paperwork down. A+ for them having something I wanted at a reasonable price. D for the old fart on the computer. F for fact they had gun but no ammo. Got a couple of boxes yesterday at Heritage Guild in Easton for $19.99 a box, which in this day and age was not a bad price.

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Not a fan BUT

I’ll never shop at dunks

I live close to the Broadheadsville store and rarely stop in other then for my hunting and fishing license. I’ve never seen anything there that had a reasonable price even when comparing to other brick and mortar stores in the area. Their sales need to have sales in order for me to shop there.

More then once I have heard them passing bad info off to customers especially woman in the “well see here little lady” tone which I hate.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by NathanB View Post
    I*ll never shop at dunks
    THIS!

Come on, I'm up here, there's Bella Mia's, Armory that new guy off 940, Buckhill and Gallager is a great guy I don't mind losing a sale to him he helped me get started.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by waretrop View Post
    I'm not a fan of Dunkelbergers in Stroudsburg and Brodhedsville but stop in occasionally just to look. A couple of weeks ago we stopped in at the Brodhedsville store and the cases and walls were nearly empty. I did spot a Springfield Ronin in 10 mm that I had been looking for for quite some time. We were on a time budget so I dfidn't get to look at it. Next day we stopped back and I got to handle the Ronin. I have been watching Gun Broker for one and they were selling way over MSRP, (Springfield lists MSRP at $849) so I was quite surprised to see it NIB at $789.95. When I said I'll take it, salesman said just a minute and he went in back and came out with another one still sealed in box. Background check took about 3 minutes but the old fart at the counter took almost 45 minutes to get paperwork down. A+ for them having something I wanted at a reasonable price. D for the old fart on the computer. F for fact they had gun but no ammo. Got a couple of boxes yesterday at Heritage Guild in Easton for $19.99 a box, which in this day and age was not a bad price.
    you got 10mm for 20 a box?
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco the Iroc View Post
    THIS!

Come on, I'm up here, there's Bella Mia's, Armory that new guy off 940, Buckhill and Gallager is a great guy I don't mind losing a sale to him he helped me get started.
    Brian is a great guy been dealing with him for 7 years now. I consider him a friend because he will help anyone with anything if he can.

Quote Originally Posted by jakebrake View Post
    Yeah that’s the real story here, especially since it came from the Heritage Guild which I have always considered a huge rip off in the past for just about everything.

New Post since I turned 70 ! I have not shopped at Dunks in over 15 years ! Many other LGS worthy of my money ! Now lets eat cake !

Happy Birthday, Marine!
    Engineers make things idiot proof! Evolution makes better idiots!

(Monroe County)

Still not sure the issue with Dunks. I've bought a couple firearms there and they beat Gallery of Guns and some local shops. Bought a S&W bodyguard there and they beat Boyer and other locals. When I bought that he threw in a box of ammo and an hour of range time.
    The thing with Bloomberg suing them was blown way out of proportion by some on this site. It was around 14 years ago and had a 3 year limit. No more info was released than what is normally released except NYC gun division got it for 3 years. More often then not his retail is pretty high so I only buy sale stuff. He is a local and been around since the early 70's.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by jakebrake View Post
    Yep. Should have got more. Wife gave me hell for not buying 4.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast