Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Mifflin County)

Default Re: PA Senator Ryan Aument - R (Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Manxdriver View Post
    I*m not in the *tin foil hats * crowd, bit is really beginning to look like there is at least a bit of truth to the *NSA is spying on us all* mantra. Toomey, Romney, a shitload of others, people n Trumps cabinet, all of them turning from red to blue, or worse!
    I*m convinced they have files n everyone and the minute you start to do the right thing, you get shown what they know about you.
    Just look at Chief Justice Roberts. He was a staunch Conservative. W.A.S. ! Now, it looks like they have pics of him sucking off a little boy behind a Nursery School, or worse!

(Bucks County)

Roberts could play in a re-do of And Justice For All.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Lebanon County)

Sorry, but Frank is Lebanon (my) representative, and does an outstanding job IMHO.

(Lancaster County)

Everyone should be a little suspicious of Sen Aument IMO. I've listened to MANY town hall video meetings with him and have submitted many questions. the times I've gotten responses from him seems to be purely political rhetoric (CYA talk - seemed like principles changed with what was most beneficial ATM). In beginning of Nov I asked about the $1.4 billion remaining in Covid releif funding and asked if they had decided on how to use it b/c there were a lot of businesses that I had heard were in really bad shape and needed $. He told me a week later they decided to use that $$ to fund the gov & to make up any budget "shortfalls" or where they had cut funding earlier in the year. I couldn't beleive what I heard - I told him that was total BS and he didn't have any idea how angry people are going to be and it seems like you are spitting in peoples faces. They didn't care at all - they didn't care at all about getting $$ to the people.

I saw someone brought up primarying Aument and I support that (as my sen). I tried to talk him into doing something - ANYTHING to push for an investigation into this fraud. I offered to help research (since that was one of his excuses for not doing anything - I was told "everything is debunked" or "people are just telling me rumors from the Intenet". It was a total stonewall. He didn't want to do anything to investigate or to even see IF there was anything to investigate.

I was also told by his office that it was impossible for a special session to meet after 12/3 and that their hands were tied until 1/5 but I later found out that this wasn't correct. ..
    Last edited by tankman1989; January 9th, 2021 at 05:36 PM.

PickingPA Guest

Quote Originally Posted by tankman1989 View Post
    Everyone should be a little suspicious of Sen Aument IMO. I've listened to MANY town hall video meetings with him and have submitted many questions. the times I've gotten responses from him seems to be purely political rhetoric (CYA talk - seemed like principles changed with what was most beneficial ATM). In beginning of Nov I asked about the $1.4 billion remaining in Covid releif funding and asked if they had decided on how to use it b/c there were a lot of businesses that I had heard were in really bad shape and needed $. He told me a week later they decided to use that $$ to fund the gov & to make up any budget "shortfalls" or where they had cut funding earlier in the year. I couldn't beleive what I heard - I told him that was total BS and he didn't have any idea how angry people are going to be and it seems like you are spitting in peoples faces. They didn't care at all - they didn't care at all about getting $$ to the people.

I saw someone brought up primarying Aument and I support that (as my sen). I tried to talk him into doing something - ANYTHING to push for an investigation into this fraud. I offered to help research (since that was one of his excuses for not doing anything - I was told "everything is debunked" or "people are just telling me rumors from the Intenet". It was a total stonewall. He didn't want to do anything to investigate or to even see IF there was anything to investigate.

I was also told by his office that it was impossible for a special session to meet after 12/3 and that their hands were tied until 1/5 but I later found out that this wasn't correct. ..
    When I get a name of the person who will mount the primary challenge, I will advertise the crap out of it! I think most of the RINOS who enjoyed the ride on Trump’s coattails are counting on people forgetting in 2 years. I think they will be sorely mistaken

There’s not much more motivation that can be drummed up for a primary than the feeling of being stabbed in the back by someone you once supported in very public ways. He’s not my Senator anymore, but I’ll push hard for the people he does currently serve.

(Lancaster County)

He's my Senator, and I got the same story about the 2020 session being over and we can't have a special session anymore this year.

I think these politicians who refuse to get their hands dirty on this issue are actually afraid of deep state thugs retaliating against them or their families. Remember the list of over 50 suicides of friends and acquaintances of the Clintons? Politics is not only dirty and ugly these days, it can be deadly. I believe this is why Toomey turned yellow on most controversies.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by oneoclock View Post
    He's my Senator, and I got the same story about the 2020 session being over and we can't have a special session anymore this year.

I think these politicians who refuse to get their hands dirty on this issue are actually afraid of deep state thugs retaliating against them or their families. Remember the list of over 50 suicides of friends and acquaintances of the Clintons? Politics is not only dirty and ugly these days, it can be deadly. I believe this is why Toomey turned yellow on most controversies.
    I'd like to talk to you about what Sen Aument said to you (or was it Angel?). I've had some very disappointing conversations with his office, it's as if they are telling you exactly what they need at the time to get you to STFU and not pursue what you feel is right. Everything from recalling the Gov (back in June-Sept) to what are they doing with the excess $$ from the Covid relief to the election issues. Each time they put off answering my questions for 1-2 months and then told me the reason they were slow to answer is b/c there was "nothing to be done", they didn't have support, or some other BS. I even called them out on the special session and told them that sounded like a load of horseshit and Angel laughed and agreed - I should have known he was agreeing it WAS BS & he wasn't agreeing that they were screwed.

This guy is just a career politician, he went into the military and I'm sure it was for "good reasons" at first, but that was LONG ago. I have family who went the same route and I woudn't trust one of them for a second with my back turned.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by tankman1989 View Post
    I'd like to talk to you about what Sen Aument said to you (or was it Angel?). I've had some very disappointing conversations with his office, it's as if they are telling you exactly what they need at the time to get you to STFU and not pursue what you feel is right. Everything from recalling the Gov (back in June-Sept) to what are they doing with the excess $$ from the Covid relief to the election issues. Each time they put off answering my questions for 1-2 months and then told me the reason they were slow to answer is b/c there was "nothing to be done", they didn't have support, or some other BS. I even called them out on the special session and told them that sounded like a load of horseshit and Angel laughed and agreed - I should have known he was agreeing it WAS BS & he wasn't agreeing that they were screwed.

This guy is just a career politician, he went into the military and I'm sure it was for "good reasons" at first, but that was LONG ago. I have family who went the same route and I woudn't trust one of them for a second with my back turned.
    Well, my comms with his office have always been via e-mail, not phone or FTF. And the responses are same as you've been getting. A token response. But to be honest, I was more or less telling him my opinion, and not really expecting a conversation. As in, "the Legislature needs to do something to stop the rogue governor who is taking medical advice for the state from a man with a mental illness", or "these mail-in-ballots that were just so gleefully adopted are gonna cause a real problem in November", or " I think the Legislature needs to go back into session to stop this fraudulent theft of votes". Always just a token response about like "point taken". Typical politician.

Also, isn't "the Army, or Jail" an option given to some misguided young men in scrapes with the law? Or is that just in TV shows?

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by oneoclock View Post
    Well, my comms with his office have always been via e-mail, not phone or FTF. And the responses are same as you've been getting. A token response. But to be honest, I was more or less telling him my opinion, and not really expecting a conversation. As in, "the Legislature needs to do something to stop the rogue governor who is taking medical advice for the state from a man with a mental illness", or "these mail-in-ballots that were just so gleefully adopted are gonna cause a real problem in November", or " I think the Legislature needs to go back into session to stop this fraudulent theft of votes". Always just a token response about like "point taken". Typical politician.

Also, isn't "the Army, or Jail" an option given to some misguided young men in scrapes with the law? Or is that just in TV shows?
    I guess the only reason I got responses is b/c I submitted questions at "town hall" meetings which were never read or answered during the event, so they called later.

As for the "army of jail" question, I think I heard of something called a "moral waiver" where they have lowered the bar to allow people who have been accused or convicted of crimes to be able to join the military. I personally don't know how true this is but I think it would be interesting to find out.

PickingPA Guest

No, he wasn’t a troubled kid who was given the option by a judge.

He’s a Citadel grad and was a Captain in OIF. I have full respect for his military service

He then served as Rep Cutler’s CoS before being elected as a State Rep then State Sen. His aspirations center around being a RINO career politician

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast