Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Erie County)

Default Gunfight at State Gamelands 109 Range

One man is dead after a fatal shooting at a gun range in Greene Township involving three people, according to Pennsylvania State Police.

It was reported at the State Gamelands 109 on Sampson Rd. just after 2 p.m.

Investigators said Robert A. Eppley, 26, of North East, was shooting down range then turned and started shooting at a 28-year-old Erie man.

A 67-year-old Erie man reportedly saw Eppley firing at the victim then shot Eppley multiple times, troopers said.

State Police said Eppley died at the scene, and the 28-year-old victim is being treated for multiple gunshot wounds at an Erie hospital.

The 67-year-old man, whose identity has not been released, has been taken into custody, according to troopers.

The investigation is ongoing, State Police said. The Pennsylvania Game Commission has closed the gun range until further notice.

https://www.erienewsnow.com/story/43...4y7od9QbLRBSG4

Default Re: Gunfight at State Gamelands 109 Range

I guess some folks are serious about saving their own brass and not letting others steal it.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Delaware County)

No descriptions of the combatants ???
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.

(Washington County)

Default Police: Man Firing At 2nd Man Killed By 3rd Man At Gun Range

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2020...and-gun-range/

ERIE, Pa. (KDKA/AP) — A man firing shots at a gun range in northwest Pennsylvania began firing at another man and was then shot to death by a third man, state police said.

State police say there were called to the State Gamelands gun range in Greene Township on Tuesday for the report of a shooting. Police say an investigation revealed that Robert Eppley was shooting downrange before he turned and started shooting at a 28-year-old man from Erie.

Police say a 67-year-old Erie man allegedly saw what was happening and opened fire on Eppley, who was shot multiple times and died at the scene. Officials say the 28-year-old man is being treated for multiple gunshot wounds at a hospital, and the 67-year-old man is in custody.

His name and the name of the wounded man weren’t released. No charges were immediately announced.

The range has been closed until further notice, and police are investigating.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

Default Re: Police: Man Firing At 2nd Man Killed By 3rd Man At Gun Range

Last time I shot at Nockamixon , 20+ yrs ago , I was packing up when a car pulled up and 4 Hispanic males got out , (black knee shorts , white t-shirts , gold chains) pulled out AK's and SKS , all with 30rd mags , walked between the shooting tables (live range!) stood forward of the line , and started spraying the target area. They did a couple mag changes , and got back in their car and left. The park ranger / range officer , same one who gave me a warning for loading 5 rounds in a revolver , just sat there and didn't say a word.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Chester County)

This is why I joined a private club and haven*t been to a SGL range in 15+ years.

(Montgomery County)

Maybe he got tired of paper targets? Pretty crazy story.

Always bring a carry gun to the range that you don't plan to shoot that day.

(Erie County)

109 is not a safe area to shoot. The last time I was there an elderly gentleman appointed himself range officer and as he would walk across the line of fire calling cease fire when ever he felt like it. He nearly got shoot twice because he would just bolt down the line like he was bullet proof. Several shooters called him out on his lack of safety and he ignored everyone. Every bench was full until he started his shenanigans and then 1/2 of the shooters packed up and left. I have not been back in almost 10 years
    We the people love our country so let the government fear us.

If the story as printed is fact, this would appear to be a good shoot.

From Title 18

§ 505. Use of force in self-protection.

(a) Use of force justifiable for protection of the person.--The use of force upon or toward another person is justifiable when the actor believes that such force is immediately necessary for the purpose of protecting himself against the use of unlawful force by such other person on the present occasion.

§ 506. Use of force for the protection of other persons.

(a) General rule.--The use of force upon or toward the person of another is justifiable to protect a third person when:

(1) the actor would be justified under section 505 (relating to use of force in self-protection) in using such force to protect himself against the injury he believes to be threatened to the person whom he seeks to protect;

(2) under the circumstances as the actor believes them to be, the person whom he seeks to protect would be justified in using such protective force; and

(3) the actor believes that his intervention is necessary for the protection of such other person.

(b) Exception.--Notwithstanding subsection (a), the actor is not obliged to retreat to any greater extent than the person whom he seeks to protect.

(June 28, 2011, P.L.48, No.10, eff. 60 days)
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Allegheny County)

Why is the hero in custody ?

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast