Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Police: Man Firing At 2nd Man Killed By 3rd Man At Gun Range

Quote Originally Posted by JoshIronshaft View Post
    Police say a 67-year-old Erie man allegedly saw what was happening and opened fire on Eppley, who was shot multiple times and died at the scene. Officials say the 28-year-old man is being treated for multiple gunshot wounds at a hospital, and the 67-year-old man is in custody.
    This is why you just mind your own fucking business. "I did'n see nuttin'". No good deed goes unpunished.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Gunfight at State Gamelands 109 Range

Quote Originally Posted by Dlish View Post
    set up event, reason to close the ranges now and further limit recreational shooting opportunities. If it can save one life....
    Why is the government competing with private business anyway?

Providing shooting ranges is hardly an essential government activity.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post

Then why have State Game Lands, public roads, buildings, EPA, etc? Or are you just trolling again?

Does the General Welfare of the populace not include how to use a firearm?

(Dauphin County)

This is why you just mind your own fucking business. "I did'n see nuttin'". No good deed goes unpunished.
    Three people at the range. #1 starts shooting at #2. Who is he going to start shooting next when #2 stops moving. #3 didn't see nothing when he took a bullet to the back of his head.
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

I am sure the man feared for his OWN life.From a later news report.A 67-year-old Erie man who state police said shot Eppley was questioned and later released as part of the ongoing investigation into Tuesday's incident, Weindorf said on Wednesday morning.https://news.yahoo.com/shooting-frie...194023634.html

(Jefferson County)

Government should be providing shooting ranges for public use.

To support that statement, see below:

Article I, Section 8, Clause 15 - US Constitution:

To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

Article I, Section 8, Clause 16 - US Constitution:

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

------

For the Militia to be a good functioning entity, they would need a means to train with their arms.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Jefferson County)

Got news for you, you're pretty much arrested any time you kill another person, regardless as to whether it is justified or not. The mere fact that you killed someone is probable cause to arrest until things are sorted out. Only when there is absolute proof of justification at the scene, witnessed by LEO's or the DA, is the legal shooter not arrested.

So you statement is just trolling nonsense.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Got news for you, you're pretty much arrested any time you kill another person, regardless as to whether it is justified or not. The mere fact that you killed someone is probable cause to arrest until things are sorted out. Only when there is absolute proof of justification at the scene, witnessed by LEO's or the DA, is the legal shooter not arrested.

So you statement is just trolling nonsense.
    This is true, most of the time. It's a homicide, every time you shoot and kill a person. Justification is an affirmative defense. Unless you just capped a bad guy to save a cop, they'll arrest you and jump through the hoops, especially these days, if your bullets perforate the wrong skin tone. And given the demographics of crime, anybody you have to shoot is disproportionately likely to look like the next BLM martyr.

Quote Originally Posted by ROCK-IT3 View Post
    Three people at the range. #1 starts shooting at #2. Who is he going to start shooting next when #2 stops moving. #3 didn't see nothing when he took a bullet to the back of his head.
    This is also true. Murderers like to eliminate witnesses, and sometimes they're just nuts and find that they enjoy killing. Your best chance to survive a killing spree is to act while the murderer's attention is occupied by killing someone else, not to wait until he starts shooting you.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Bucks County)

Just for clarification. Homicide is the death of a human caused by another human...not to be confused with murder, a statutory crime.

Unless things have changed in California, no one touches a scene until the coroner arrives, does his/her thing, and permits other investigation. That can be quite a hindrance. I know...it's California. Just saying, sometimes things ain't easy, depending.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Just for clarification. Homicide is the death of a human caused by another human...not to be confused with murder, a statutory crime.

Unless things have changed in California, no one touches a scene until the coroner arrives, does his/her thing, and permits other investigation. That can be quite a hindrance. I know...it's California. Just saying, sometimes things ain't easy, depending.
    Most of PA's coroners are just funeral home directors, which just officiate the death certificate. Some can determine death if it is obvious. Otherwise, autopsy is done by a certified criminal forensic coroners.

Example: Jefferson County has a coroner, she is a funeral home director. If a forensic autopsy is required, body is sent to a lab in either Erie or Windber(near Johnstown).

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast