Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Centre County)

Default Re: PICS just changed the rules

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    There is no registration in Pennsylvania. Registration is illegal here.

There is a record of sale database, but your gun not being uploaded into it is not grounds for the cops doing anything, as again, there are a large number of reasons that it might not be included.
    This is the truth - and MOST of the LE agencies in PA know that just because it is not in the database is not justification to seize the firearm. However- there are those agencies (SWPA and SEPA) that WILL seize/confiscate a firearm that is not in the database and force the owner to prove that it legally belongs to them. I don't know if there is a law on the books that in a case like this (illegally seizing/confiscating a firearm by the police) the owner can take the police to court to return their legally owner firearm AND collect damages (cost to hire lawyer, cost of lost time from work, etc.) AND hefty punitive damages from the police department for breaking the law.

Oh, BTW RenoV8, I saw this at 9:00 AM when I saw this, and before I posted it, I called my State Senator (Jake Corman the next senate president pro tempore) and my Representative (Kerry Benninghoff) who are both strong 2A proponents and followed it up with an email to both.
    Last edited by Xringshooter; December 22nd, 2020 at 05:24 PM.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Columbia County)

I don't know how the hell the PSP registry could have fallen that far behind. It's simple data entry.

(Bucks County)

Like the package in a post office is a simple read and distribute?
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    I don't know how the hell the PSP registry could have fallen that far behind. It's simple data entry.
    Reason to raise fees. Need to upgrade hardware , software , etc.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Monroe County)

What do you expect from an org that let me sit on the phone for 4 hours (epics was down) to find out the PENDOT system was down so they couldn't check DL info.
    Fuck just pick up or quick change the message, I'll have them come back and I'll call back. Fuck you my time is important bullshit. Wasted 1/2 a day on 2 checks.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by RenoV8 View Post
    And yet, no one does a thing about it other than post stupid messages on a gun forum...we are pathetic! Until we do something to remove the corrupt from office, none of us deserves the right to keep and Bear arms...all talk.
    Brother if you can tell me how to mobilize the majority of the state as a group I'd be happy to enact section 1 article 2 of our state constitution under our declaration of rights via forcible removal of our corrupt politicians( as long as the majority see it fit to do so that way.)

§ 2. Political powers.

All power is inherent in the people, and all free governments are founded on their authority and instituted for their peace, safety and happiness. For the advancement of these ends they have at all times an inalienable and indefeasible right to alter, reform or abolish their government in such manner as they may think proper.

https://www.legis.state.pa.us/WU01/L...00/00.001..HTM

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    It's been a year behind for years. I dated a form incorrectly a years ago, and it came back to me exactly a year later. Keep in mind the law says the paper copies need to be destroyed in 72 hours.

I was told last week more than half of the PICS employees are out because of covid; they either have it or are quarantined because of it. I bet they are all getting paid though!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

The PSP get their marching orders from the governor. So no doubt this added delay will be added to the never ending list of Wolf's SOE excuses to end freedom in Pa.

That fucking POS needs a noose around his neck ASAP.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Delaware County)

I am currently in *research*. I get the feeling that in 30 days, since they are too lazy to do their damn jobs, it will turn into a denial.
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.

I guess I was lucky .I had a pics check on December 18th and it only took a couple of minutes. I wonder if all ffl dealers are getting the same results.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast