Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Default Re: All You East Pennsylvania FFL’s Are Pissing ME Off

Quote Originally Posted by Muscle Master View Post
    I gotta fucking rant

I*m not going to sit here and name names but all the FFL*s in the Philadelphia area are out of their fucking minds and I*m tired of it

Why do I have to jump through so many hoops to exercise my second amendment rights, why are you guys giving those of us who choose to buy online from outside dealers sooo much fucking grief

First of all... if I had the time to come in and shop around I would but I have a pretty demanding job.... whether it*s home or a hotel room... I leave when it*s dark and I come home when it*s dark. I*m a online shopper by default. My usual FFL where I do transfers is busy as hell and it*s been a hassle to get them to email the other dealer their FFL information so they can send the damn gun for which I have to pay for additional overnight shipping so my fiancé can get her Christmas gift

And I get it... you guys wants us to buy from you guys.... all the time. But the fact of the matter is I want what *I* want.... I don*t want a police trade in Glock, I don*t want a Beretta 92, I don*t want a Canik or a Taurus. I wanted a Sig P320 Xcompact which for some reason was a very hard gun to find. I even tried to place a order with $500 down and call me when you find one 3 months ago and none of you guys wanted to take my money... so when I actually find one elsewhere instead of waiting months to get one.... I can*t even get a fucking transfer

I go call a different FFL that does transfers but they wanted over a $100.... GO FUCK YOURSELF!

This is democrat shit..... you mean to tell me I can*t exercise my rights without you guys saying *take it or leave*

None of my friends and family have this problem in the south and mid west... I*m so ready to leave this damn state

End rant
    You lost me when you made it a political post. Enough already... waa waa

I don't understand why East Pennsylvania FFL*s Are Pissing Maine Off. ��
    "May the odds be ever in America's favor"

(Beaver County)

Prolly a trillion dollars? Ha

(Allegheny County)

I go call a different FFL that does transfers but they wanted over a $100.... GO FUCK YOURSELF
    What incentive does an FFL that you didn't bother to buy your gun from (regardless of reason) have to service you?

(Lebanon County)

Working in a shop in today’s times I understand why shops don’t want to do transfers. They are a pain in the ass. As others have stated we waste all the time receiving the firearm, logging it in, doing your background check, ringing you out. For what $30-$50. After the owner pays his salesman, overhead, pic fees and so forth how much do you think they really make? For a gun you bought elsewhere.... From the post it sounds like your one of the people that make shops not want to do transfers at all. The icing on the cake is this is all while the gun world is booming and any shop that has inventory is busy all the time non stop. But your mad because they don’t take care of the guy buying a gun from somewhere else. If you have no time to go shopping when do you have time to even shoot?

Get over yourself bro

north central keystoner land, Pennsylvania

Wow, I'm glad I have a gunsmith buddy with an FFL that can do transfers for me so I don't have to inconvenience some boomer fudd gunshop business because I found the same exact firearm out of state for hundreds of dollars less.

(Lancaster County)

can't tell you anything other than Smithgalls in Lancaster is $20.00 for any transfer still, although they have fair pricing and Allison usually keeps an eye out for customers with specific wants. You can even call and ask her if she's expecting a shipment of whatever brand you're looking for comes in. She will let you know specifically whats coming. That's how I managed to grap a p365xl for about $20.00 more (maybe) than I might have been able to find it online.... if I even found it. I like to spread the wealth locally if I can unless it's a ridiculous deal I'm usually a lgs guy. But I have good local gun shops.

(Luzerne County)

Smithgall's - another THUMBS UP for Charlie, Jon & Allison!!!!

(Schuylkill County)

I gotta fucking rant

I’m not going to sit here and name names but all the FFL’s in the Philadelphia area are out of their fucking minds and I’m tired of it

Why do I have to jump through so many hoops to exercise my second amendment rights, why are you guys giving those of us who choose to buy online from outside dealers sooo much fucking grief

First of all... if I had the time to come in and shop around I would but I have a pretty demanding job.... whether it’s home or a hotel room... I leave when it’s dark and I come home when it’s dark. I’m a online shopper by default. My usual FFL where I do transfers is busy as hell and it’s been a hassle to get them to email the other dealer their FFL information so they can send the damn gun for which I have to pay for additional overnight shipping so my fiancé can get her Christmas gift

And I get it... you guys wants us to buy from you guys.... all the time. But the fact of the matter is I want what “I” want.... I don’t want a police trade in Glock, I don’t want a Beretta 92, I don’t want a Canik or a Taurus. I wanted a Sig P320 Xcompact which for some reason was a very hard gun to find. I even tried to place a order with $500 down and call me when you find one 3 months ago and none of you guys wanted to take my money... so when I actually find one elsewhere instead of waiting months to get one.... I can’t even get a fucking transfer

I go call a different FFL that does transfers but they wanted over a $100.... GO FUCK YOURSELF!

This is democrat shit..... you mean to tell me I can’t exercise my rights without you guys saying “take it or leave”

None of my friends and family have this problem in the south and mid west... I’m so ready to leave this damn state

End rant
    Philadelphia is supposedly much like NJ in terms of guns and gun rights, I would recommend shopping for such stuff in a different area. From what you say about your job and being as busy as you are you sound like you don't have much time to travel so if you want to go somewhere that's not too far from Philly you could check out King of Prussia or Norristown, both towns have got some gun shops that look to be quite good.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    What incentive does an FFL that you didn't bother to buy your gun from (regardless of reason) have to service you?
    Quite Simply the incentive is easy money with very little effort.

Quote Originally Posted by JDO95 View Post
    Working in a shop in today*s times I understand why shops don*t want to do transfers. They are a pain in the ass. As others have stated we waste all the time receiving the firearm, logging it in, doing your background check, ringing you out. For what $30-$50. After the owner pays his salesman, overhead, pic fees and so forth how much do you think they really make? For a gun you bought elsewhere.... From the post it sounds like your one of the people that make shops not want to do transfers at all. The icing on the cake is this is all while the gun world is booming and any shop that has inventory is busy all the time non stop. But your mad because they don*t take care of the guy buying a gun from somewhere else. If you have no time to go shopping when do you have time to even shoot?

Get over yourself bro

lol Bro, have you ever done a transfer? Do you know what's it entails? Do you even lift brah? j/k

So lets add up the time taken for each of your actions.. receiving a firearm from a shipper.. about 5 min if your slooooooooow. Logging the firearm into your log book.. again 5 min if your sloooooooow. Presenting the paperwork to customer and having them fill their parts in... time varies depending on customer so say avg.. 15 min and that includes pre-filling out the dealer info and listing firearms getting transferred. Calling PICS.. 5-10 min on average. Cost to you the dealer $2 PICS access charge.. no matter how many things you transfer. If you sell the firearm it's $2 plus any applicable sales tax on the cost of the gun.

so let's do the math... 10 min (if your super slow) +25 min on average +$2 PICS access charge.. $25-30 is reasonable for a transfer.

Once you clear the PICS access charge its all profit. Anything higher then $30 is a joke and buyer beware.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast