Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Henry X Model Polymer Lever Guns

Pretty cool.
    I choked a little when he mentioned the price, but overall, looks like a practical, working gun.

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Default Re: Henry X Model Polymer Lever Guns

If Georgia goes Dem on Jan 5th, it will be open season on the 2A come Jan 21. When the dust settles, all we may have left are lever and bolt guns. Everyone should own at least one of each.

(Berks County)

I've been passively looking at those for about a year and am torn between the traditional look/function of a lever gun, and the practicality/modernity of the polymer, rail, and threaded muzzle. I'm leaning more and more in the modern direction. In .357/.38 because I already am 'vested' in that caliber. Apologies to the purists.

And they're pretty much unavailable right now, like a lot of other things.

(York County)

$970.00 - yikes. But, they will only go up in price I am afraid.

(Philadelphia County)

Henry finally puts a loading gate on their pistol cal lever rifles and its the bubba "tactical" models lol. Couldn't they have gone with a matte finished lower grade of wood as an option along with an XS Sights rail while retaining the threaded barrel?

Man Ruger can't get the new Marlin started up soon enough. I've read Ruger is planning on shipping new Marlin rifles starting in 2nd half 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by borekfk View Post
    Henry finally puts a loading gate on their pistol cal lever rifles and its the bubba "tactical" models lol. Couldn't they have gone with a matte finished lower grade of wood as an option along with an XS Sights rail while retaining the threaded barrel?

Man Ruger can't get the new Marlin started up soon enough. I've read Ruger is planning on shipping new Marlin rifles starting in 2nd half 2021.
    I believe All their newly produced models will have side loading gates soon. The low grade wood stocks used by this particular rifles competitors is one of the reasons why they suck.

I have one in 45 colt. I have been waiting for the price to come and to find one. I did earlier this summer and picked one up for $770 otd. The action is smooth and it is reliable. The biggest problem has been finding ammo. I now have enough cases and reloading supplies that that is no longer a problem.
    I always stressed to my son"one shot one kill that was all that is needed". When He came home from Marine Corp Boot camp He was telling me about the Marines stressing "ONE SHOT ONE KILL" He looks at me and the light bulb went on Dad was now a whole lot smarter than he was 13 weeks ago.

I need another lever gun like a hole in the head. Besides, for that price there are other things I'd rather have.

(Allegheny County)

Why the hell did they make it so you have to pull that thing the entire way out of the tube to load?
    All the tube fed rifles I'm familiar with have a cutout in that "sleeve" so that you only need to pull it out about 1/2 to 3/4 of the way out to start dropping rounds into the tube.

I always hated that Henry didn't have a side loading gate, but admit that having BOTH options for loading seems like a plus.

I do wish they had made two models - one with a "normal" barrel and one with a threaded muzzle.
    That tacky looking knurled thread protector looks like ASS on an otherwise decent rifle.
    I can't imagine the majority of buyers are adding suppressors - why make the rest of us have such a stupid assed, shitty-looking "cap" on the end of the barrel for no good reason?

That's really my only gripe about this gun. The rest of it seems well thought out and practical. (That size of the loop was a good move)
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Carbon County)

Think I will stick to my Winchester model 88's. Not tactical looking, but at least they have a magazine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast