Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Franklin County)

Default Re: 80% Suppressor Manufacturer raided??

The ATF is working on becoming our enemy #1.
    The Hostler

(Monroe County)

Wish.com getting shut down then?
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco the Iroc View Post
    Wish.com getting shut down then?
    they said ther were working on getting them shut down

(York County)

I'm torn. On one hand seeing ATF move against these kinds of technically legal manufacturers annoys me as abuse of power, on the other hand I'm surprised its taken them so long to go after businesses who are skirting the law by their marketing of a product designed as the equivelent of bathtub gin.

This whole 80% thing to me has always been a case of playing with fire with all the legal chincary of evading compliance. I'd hate to see the world of home built guns be abolished because of a few fringe manufacturers who keep poking the tiger from the edge of the cage so to speak.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ecclectic Collector View Post
    I'm torn. On one hand seeing ATF move against these kinds of technically legal manufacturers annoys me as abuse of power, on the other hand I'm surprised its taken them so long to go after businesses who are skirting the law by their marketing of a product designed as the equivelent of bathtub gin.

This whole 80% thing to me has always been a case of playing with fire with all the legal chincary of evading compliance. I'd hate to see the world of home built guns be abolished because of a few fringe manufacturers who keep poking the tiger from the edge of the cage so to speak.
    Manufacturing firearms for your personal use is legal. Filing a Form 1 and building a suppressor is legal. These companies merely facilitate the process for more average hobbyists and machinists.

These companies and 99.99% of the people that patronize them are doing nothing wrong (even when not considering the NFA as unconstitutional bullshit).

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    Manufacturing firearms for your personal use is legal. Filing a Form 1 and building a suppressor is legal. These companies merely facilitate the process for more average hobbyists and machinists.

These companies and 99.99% of the people that patronize them are doing nothing wrong (even when not considering the NFA as unconstitutional bullshit).
    Thank you for saying it much nicer than I would have.

These groups of people are pushing new technologies, unlike those who would rather gatekeep the information.

(Allegheny County)

Absolutely. These company's and the people building form 1's are following the directives of the ATF. I see the issue is the ATF can't make up it's mind about what is legal or illegal.

This is nothing more than data acquisition and fear factor.
    There will be at least 4 more years of this.

They are uncomfortable with people who try to skirt the law. Don't like it? Take them to court. Problem solved.

Wouldn't you be upset if your neigbor kept skirting the rules by letting trash fly into your yard?
    "May the odds be ever in America's favor"

(Bradford County)

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeCan99 View Post
    They are uncomfortable with people who try to skirt the law. Don't like it? Take them to court. Problem solved.

Wouldn't you be upset if your neigbor kept skirting the rules by letting trash fly into your yard?
    Littering is against the law. No "skirting."

Building your own personal firearm with an 80% lower is 100% legal, no "skirting the law" there. Now if you decide to sell it or do otherwise with it, that's a different story, but what ATF is doing is essentially morphing into THOUGHT POLICE territory. How tf do they know what you intend to do with your homemade personal firearm? It's none of their business until you break the law. I don't believe any government agency is charged with policing peoples' thoughts or intentions.

Likewise, nobody building a suppressor and jumping through the Form 1 hoops is "skirting the law."

Are you ok with ATF (1) changing rules depending upon wind direction and (2) investigating people doing things legally? I sure hope not.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast