Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: 80% Suppressor Manufacturer raided??

Quote Originally Posted by EFK View Post
    Littering is against the law. No "skirting."

Building your own personal firearm with an 80% lower is 100% legal, no "skirting the law" there. Now if you decide to sell it or do otherwise with it, that's a different story, but what ATF is doing is essentially morphing into THOUGHT POLICE territory. How tf do they know what you intend to do with your homemade personal firearm? It's none of their business until you break the law. I don't believe any government agency is charged with policing peoples' thoughts or intentions.

Likewise, nobody building a suppressor and jumping through the Form 1 hoops is "skirting the law."

Are you ok with ATF (1) changing rules depending upon wind direction and (2) investigating people doing things legally? I sure hope not.
    In my example, I meant to paint a scenario where your neighbor lets paper bags etc just sit on his yard and where they eventually get blown by the wind onto your property. He is not littering on purpose, but he is definitely trying to go around the system. Wouldn't you be mad if he tried to go around the system?

Also, put yourself in their shoes to see where they are coming from regarding firearms law. It is just as important to understand the other party's point of view.

As I said, if people are uncomfortable with what is going, they should take it to court.
    "May the odds be ever in America's favor"

Quote Originally Posted by ray h View Post
    The ATF is working on becoming our enemy #1.
    Working on it?
    It's the reason they exist.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Chester County)

Where does this leave buyers who finished and form 1ed these kits? Asking for a friend

(Bradford County)

OrangeCan I do not believe that you're making a valid analogy. There are many local and state laws in place regarding refuse and the lack of control of said refuse. OTOH, nobody buying an 80% lower and building a personal weapon is breaking any law. Nobody buying a suppressor 'kit' is breaking any law unless they fail to fill out the proper forms. What you seem to be indicating is that ATF should be investigating people for what they *might* do, and that concept is anathema to everything the USA has hitherto stood for. Likewise, the manufacturers of these 80% products are operating legally, unless they knowingly sell a product to someone clearly prohibited or if they sell to someone clearly expressing (prior to purchase) an intent toward illegality. However, lacking clear evidence of illegal intent, such manufacturers are under no legal obligation to attempt psychic commune to determine any given customer's intent.

I'm not an 80% guy myself, but I find anything even remotely approaching thought police territory to be a seriously scary place. This is how we end up with states like CA, MA, NY or NJ.

Quote Originally Posted by WoollyPullover View Post
    Where does this leave buyers who finished and form 1ed these kits? Asking for a friend
    Most likely nothing. Because itd be hard to prove you used those parts vs made your own. Most of these kits had the cups center marked or dimpled and that's why they are considering them suppressor parts. Just like they banned "marking" the holes on an 80% lower. They dont like when it's too easy to finish a build, there were sten 80% tubes way back that they didnt like because the template was glued to it already.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123