Quote Originally Posted by EFK View Post
Littering is against the law. No "skirting."

Building your own personal firearm with an 80% lower is 100% legal, no "skirting the law" there. Now if you decide to sell it or do otherwise with it, that's a different story, but what ATF is doing is essentially morphing into THOUGHT POLICE territory. How tf do they know what you intend to do with your homemade personal firearm? It's none of their business until you break the law. I don't believe any government agency is charged with policing peoples' thoughts or intentions.

Likewise, nobody building a suppressor and jumping through the Form 1 hoops is "skirting the law."

Are you ok with ATF (1) changing rules depending upon wind direction and (2) investigating people doing things legally? I sure hope not.
In my example, I meant to paint a scenario where your neighbor lets paper bags etc just sit on his yard and where they eventually get blown by the wind onto your property. He is not littering on purpose, but he is definitely trying to go around the system. Wouldn't you be mad if he tried to go around the system?

Also, put yourself in their shoes to see where they are coming from regarding firearms law. It is just as important to understand the other party's point of view.

As I said, if people are uncomfortable with what is going, they should take it to court.