Default Re: Ung is found NOT GUILTY

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!

Sadly, his battle is just beginning...

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerJon View Post
    Yes!!!!!!!!!!!

Sadly, his battle is just beginning...
    Unfortunately, you're probably right. DiDonato will probably file a civil suit against Ung, if he hasn't already. At least he won't be serving any time but the lawyer bills will continue to pile-up.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by jbrower View Post
    Unfortunately, you're probably right. DiDonato will probably file a civil suit against Ung, if he hasn't already. At least he won't be serving any time but the lawyer bills will continue to pile-up.
    That is why Pa. needs castle doctrine. One of the provisions of the proposed legislation is that those involved in a justified shooting would be excempt from civil proceedings.

(Philadelphia County)

when i first read the topic i thought ung was the Asian guy from american idol and was curious as to what he did, but after a little google search, good for ung!

I just ran across this 3-year old comment, allegedly from the sister of Eddie DiDonato right after Gerald Ung was properly acquitted of all charges, on this site:
    http://abovethelaw.com/2011/02/break...y-in-shooting/

Interesting. I didn't see it before. I find that when someone purposely leaves out all of the critical factors, it means they understand that the truth does not help them. In this case, she omits or denies the fact that Gerald was walking away, that Gerald didn't fire until Eddie had already started hitting him in the face, that Eddie was in control of whether the situation escalated or ended, right up until he started punching Gerald. It wasn't about "letting the loudmouth win", it was about refusing to be a punching bag for a drunken bully.

These aren't just allegations, these are what's in the video. You can see what happens, and in what order. The bullies pursued the smaller guys and the girl, who fled. When the bullies caught them, Gerald gave them a last chance to back off. Eddie punched him, instead.

Seriously, how much of a drunken asshole would you have to be, when faced by a scared man holding a loaded gun, to look at these choices:
    (a) walk away,
    (b) grab the gun, or
    (c) ignore the gun and just start punching him in the face,
    ............and choose (c)?

Denial, it's not just a river in Egypt.....

Well after a day like today, I can't sleep and am sufficiently sickened by my generation. Today, a jury of my peers has found Gerald Ung innocent of attempted murder, aggravated assault, and possession of an instrument of crime. I say my peers because Gerald and I are the same age. Gerald Ung, the guy that shot my brother, was found not guilty on all three charges today. Apparently, it's been deemed reasonable by a jury of 12 seemingly rational people that it's acceptable to shoot a man 6 times in Center City, Philadelphia. It's been deemed appropriate to open fire on an unarmed man- without running, without calling for help or seeking other options. In 70 seconds from coming into contact with my brother, Gerald Ung shot him 6 times and has now been cleared of any wrong-doing. Tonight Gerald Ung is free to celebrate, carry his guns, and walk around the streets of this country as if he has never purposefully maimed another human being. I hope all the jurors are sleeping soundly with that call because I obviously am not.
    How is that possible? How can you unload a loaded weapon into someone and walk away free and clear???
    It's possible because Gerald Ung was a third year law student at the time of the shooting. He knew exactly what he would do and say if he ever shot someone. Think about it. If you were looking at someone you just shot, who was lying in a puddle of blood, what were your call to a 911 operator sound like? Maybe, "Oh my God, I shot someone, he's dying. Come quickly!"??? Or would it sound like, "Why did you attack me?! He's been shot." That is not the call of a frightened, mild-mannered contrite person as Ung's attorney portrayed him. That is the sound of someone who had the perfect crime laid out. He made sure to put no blame on himself. He made sure to use the word "attack" and put the blame on a dying man. You can't plan it out any better than that, folks.
    Gerald Ung owns multiple guns- all licensed mind you- but he owns multiple guns as a law student in a city center. That couldn't be brought into court and of course, was never discussed in the media. Why would a mild-mannered law student need a bunch of guns?
    His friends testified they would ask him not to bring his guns out to the bar but Gerald always refused. Gerald needed his guns for protection. Protection from what? Well, I've heard rumors which I won't divulge here. And apparently, when you're an over-priveleged hot-head you also need to protect yourself from the fights you pick.
    A hot-headed, over-priveleged Asian kid?!!! NO! Yes, citizens of Philadelphia. You can be a minority and still be priveleged. Actually, shockers of all shockers, you can be Asian and not be mild-mannered. Ung's attorney made sure to point out my brother went to Villanova- an expensive university. Hmm, did anyone realize Ung went to the University of Rochester? Maybe- but because it's not nearby nobody bothered to research that it costs $40k in tuition a year. The media made sure to mention my father was an attorney. Did anyone look into the fact that Ung's parent's home is worth close to a million dollars??? Gerald Ung and his henchman fooled every last one of those jurors and now, we as citizens of Philadelphia will be paying for it for years. Now, you can safely shoot six shots into someone at a populated area like 4th and Market, call 911 afterwards, and you're as good as innocent. Your 911 call will prove your kind heart and is as good as your defense.
    That night, there was a police officer on every block, called the "Night Detail" by the police. If Ung was so afraid, he could have walked the half a block back to where the cop car was sitting on the corner. It took him 70 seconds to pull his gun out- a time period his defense attorney called "lengthy." A time period which would have put him directly next to an officer if he had bothered to walk away from the altercation.
    I don't know about you but my emotions don't fly from one point to another in 70 seconds. But nonetheless Ung testified that he was "angry" when he first encountered my brother's friends doing pull-ups on scaffolding. "Angry" because a person he didn't know was doing pull ups. That seems like the emotion and testimony of a complete whack job but I digress. Then, mere seconds later, while he is video taped repeatedly turning around and yelling at my brother and his friends, he pulled out his gun. After instigating the fight, which in essence was immature name calling, he became so frightened within 70 seconds, he needed to shoot someone 6 times.
    Upon arrest by police 20 seconds after the 6th shot was fired, all Ung had to say while resisting arrest was, "I have a license. I have a license." A moral, contrite person would be begging forgiveness. This selfish animal pushed all blame from himself not once, but twice. First in his 911 call and second in his arrest. Yet he is the one who went out to a bar, had 6+ drinks with a fully loaded weapon and started a fight.
    All I have to say is this: protect yourself. Parents, especially if you have a college-aged boy, tell him to keep his mouth shut. You never know who has a gun and is just dying to use it. Guys, if you're reading this, let the loser with the big mouth win this fight. You never know what he is trying to do. And people of Philadelphia, if you're going to shoot someone, blame them while they're dying, scream that you have a license while you're being arrested, and hire Satan's spawn, Jack McMann, as your attorney.
    Sleep tight.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

More: Ung's parents' homeowners insurance is required to cover the cost of defending the civil suit:

http://www.law360.com/articles/51390...fense-coverage
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Bucks County)

Well, that's gonna drive up insurance rates all over the state for homeowners. I think a better idea would be to confiscate everything his family (the drunken punk) owns and sell it off to pay the bills. They brought the piece of shit into the world and tolerated his garbage.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    More: Ung's parents' homeowners insurance is required to cover the cost of defending the civil suit:

http://www.law360.com/articles/51390...fense-coverage
    I hope he knows that

(Lancaster County)

Wasn't Ung an adult when this happened, and living somewhere other than his parents, and the incident occurred some where other than his parent's property. Not sure I'm understanding how his parent's HO insurance should even be involved in this.

That should be tossed.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast