Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Former homicide prosecutor Carlos Vega to challenge Krasner

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Criminal Justice Reform. He doesn*t believe anyone (well mostly except for certain exceptions) should be prosecuted for their criminal actions. And if they are prosecuted, his prosecutors either give sweetheart deals or incompetent prosecution. And finally if actually found guilty, lobby the judge for the most lenient sentence. He is basically an extreme liberal defense attorney posing as the district attorney.

If you are interested:

https://www.pbs.org/independentlens/films/philly-da/
    Per my post at 9.40 AM today, the timing of this PBS show is blatantly poised right before the primary.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Story View Post
    Per my post at 9.40 AM today, the timing of this PBS show is blatantly poised right before the primary.

Meh, no one in Philly outside of Society Hill, Chestnut Hill or Rittenhouse Square watches PBS anyway.
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

Quote Originally Posted by Gman106 View Post
    Meh, no one in Philly outside of Society Hill, Chestnut Hill or Rittenhouse Square watches PBS anyway.
    Exactly - that's where all the SJW Do-Gooders live, NPR is just energizing them to go out and spread bullshit among their victims.

'A lie gets halfway around the world before truth puts on its boots.'

https://www.bigtrial.net/2021/02/rea...more-than.html

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Would he be any better?
    Carson has pretty much nailed it...Larry Krapper calls himself a defense attorney with power,Carlos Vega may not be able to beat krasner but he sure has my support.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

The last time Larry Krasner and Carlos Vega crossed paths in the courtroom was 2016.

It was Krasner*s last major trial before launching his campaign for district attorney. The longtime defense attorney * better known for suing police over civil rights violations than litigating murder cases * was representing one of two 35-year-old men pinned with a gruesome triple homicide at Lorena*s Grocery in Southwest Philadelphia five years prior.

The three week trial revolved around the fatal shooting of the bodega owner, his wife, and his sister in front of the couple*s two teenage daughters.

Krasner argued witness testimony was unreliable, but Vega convinced jurors the daughters* memory of the two killers was unshakable. *She is seeing death before her,* Vega told the jury at the time. *It*s that face she can*t forget.*

A guilty verdict followed, and a Court of Common Pleas judge sentenced the men to three consecutive life sentences. Six weeks later, Krasner launched his bid for district attorney on a reformist platform that made him a darling of the progressive criminal justice movement, garnering local and national support that helped lift him to victory.

When Krasner took office in 2017, Vega was one of the first veteran prosecutors fired.
    https://billypenn.com/2021/03/03/phi...2021-election/

https://vegaforda.com/priorities/

Monday, March 22, Carlos Vega be sharing his vision for a safer and fairer Philadelphia at the Philadelphia Bar Association*s Virtual DA Forum.
    https://my.philadelphiabar.org/PBA/E...MpiM-qG0CSwnIQ

As posted by Carlos Vega, in response to an article in the PHILADELPHIA INQUIRER

"If you listen to Larry, I*m apparently a white supremacist who supports the Proud Boys and Trump. Only in America can an out of touch white liberal accuse a son of Puerto Rican immigrants of being a white supremacist.
    I know what it*s like to face racism, poverty, and violence. I remember being told I wouldn*t amount to anything, having to eat just white rice and an egg for dinner, and fearing for my mother*s life when her bodega was robbed at gunpoint. I also remember seeing my friends fall victims to drugs and violence.
    So, I won*t take lessons on racism from someone who has never suffered a day in his life.
    Check your privilege, Larry.
    I know Larry wants to distract us from his failure to address this epidemic of violence. But I*m going to shine a light on it. For me, this race is about all those mothers who are getting a knock on the door with news that their child was shot or killed. It*s about all the communities like the one I grew up in that are victimized by both crime and systemic injustice. I*m running to be their voice and I*m going to stay focused on them."

https://www.inquirer.com/politics/cl...-20210326.html

The Philadelphia Democratic Party will not be endorsing incumbent District Attorney Larry Krasner ahead of the May primary, Broad + Liberty has learned from sources who attended the party*s Thursday policy committee meeting.

Both sources spoke with Broad + Liberty under the condition that they remain anonymous, as they were not authorized to speak on behalf of the party.

The development underscores what some party leaders see as enough momentum harnessed by challenger Carlos Vega that the race is no longer a clear *walk away* win for Krasner. So, they believe, it would be improper for the party to put its thumb on the scale.
    https://broadandliberty.com/2021/03/...e-may-primary/

19 yrs old.
    Was previously arrested for 1st degree felony Aggravated Assault on 11/29/20.
    Bail was set at 40 thousand.
    Only 10 days his bail was reduced to unsecured no money bail and was released.
    Charges dismissed 3/9/21.
    DA unprepared.
    Now he is charged this murder.

The suspect wanted in connection with a double shooting that left an 11-year-old boy dead in Philadelphia is now in police custody. Investigators said 19-year-old Khalif Cooper Baldwin turned himself in on Wednesday night.
    https://6abc.com/society/suspect-wan...tody/10463771/

19 yrs old.
    Was previously arrested for 1st degree felony Aggravated Assault on 11/29/20.
    Bail was set at 40 thousand.
    Only 10 days his bail was reduced to unsecured no money bail and was released.
    Charges dismissed 3/9/21.
    DA unprepared.
    Now he is charged this murder.

The suspect wanted in connection with a double shooting that left an 11-year-old boy dead in Philadelphia is now in police custody. Investigators said 19-year-old Khalif Cooper Baldwin turned himself in on Wednesday night.
    https://6abc.com/society/suspect-wan...tody/10463771/

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast