Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031 LastLast
    (Fayette County)

Default Re: DOJ advises ATF to ban braces.

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    You don't actually believe Trump was personally in control of the entire administration, do you?
    No, I do not believe that President Trump was personally in control of the entire administration, but that point sounds like the foundation for an excuse.

I could just as easily have written the following: "Par for the course for anti-gun, anti-liberty, anti-2A President Trump."

President Trump received massive support from us, but what did 2A supporters receive in return, except pro-2A rhetoric?

He pushed for red flag laws, he pushed for due process to be swept aside, and he banned a gun accessory by dictatorial edict.

The bottom line is the buck stops with the president.

At the outset of his administration, we were on the cusp of national carry reciprocity and hearing protection laws with the expectation that suppressors would be made non-NFA items, at the very least.

After his anti-liberty tenure, we stand on the precipice of the most anti-2A administration in American history. Much of the impetus for the pronouncements from failed presidential candidates Kamala Harris and Beto O'Rourke stems from the pernicious precedent set by President Trump when he took that unconstitutional, impeachable executive action on bump stocks.

Post-January 20, 2021, Kamala Harris and her demented mindset in regard to the 2A will be one heartbeat (or one declaration of incapacity) away from the presidency.

In light of the fraud surrounding the 2020 presidential election, I understand that it is very difficult for Trump supporters (especially as the inauguration of anti-gun, anti-liberty, anti 2A Biden approaches) to look with cold hard logic and detachment at the Trump record on the RKBA.

I chose to do so, and the inescapable conclusion I draw is that, contra his rhetoric, President Trump's record on the 2A was abysmal.

(Allegheny County)

Silencers and national reciprocity were pipe dreams at best and were never going to happen.
    Just sayin'.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Silencers and national reciprocity were pipe dreams at best and were never going to happen.
    Just sayin'.
    Even if your premise is true, that does not excuse President Donald J. Trump's abysmal record on the RKBA/2A.

If you want to see just how abysmal it could have been just wait a few months.

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by Driswalds View Post
    If you want to see just how abysmal it could have been just wait a few months.
    In my opinion, supporters of President Trump should stop giving him a pass for his 2A failures.

Actions speak louder than words.

Name one major accomplishment (gain of liberty, or repeal of a restriction) in the RKBA/2A arena by President Trump.

I will not be holding my breath.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit of 76 View Post
    Even if your premise is true, that does not excuse President Donald J. Trump's abysmal record on the RKBA/2A.
    I guess I'm not as disappointed because I think he did pretty well for being a big city democrat who gave us what was desperately needed on the supreme court.
    Was he an absolute asshole on bump stocks? Absolutely.
    Was he an even larger asshole for "take the guns first and worry about due process later"? Abso-fucking-lutely.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Fayette County)

I guess I'm not as disappointed because I think he did pretty well for being a big city democrat who gave us what was desperately needed on the supreme court.
    Was he an absolute asshole on bump stocks? Absolutely.
    Was he an even larger asshole for "take the guns first and worry about due process later"? Abso-fucking-lutely.
    Time will tell on the SCOTUS picks. I agree that we 2A supporters could have fared much worse. Your other points are spot-on.

(Tioga County)

Just sayin'.
    They could have been if Trump had pushed for them but did not.

He did about as I expected as a New Yorker.

I think he did long lasting damage with the bump stock thing. Other than that things mostly stayed as they are so in the end he didn't accomplish anything.

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit of 76 View Post
    Time will tell on the SCOTUS picks. I agree that we 2A supporters could have fared much worse. Your other points are spot-on.
    Yes time will tell. The situation certainly is better than if hillary clinton had made those picks for sure, but just how pro 2A these new justices are, I'm not yet convinced.

Plus Trump did add a lot of conservative justices on down the line in other federal courts so that is all good.

All it would take is one person to be killed by a gun with a suppressor.
    It would make cv19 look like the sniffles.

Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031 LastLast