Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: DOJ advises ATF to ban braces.

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the time comes that fascists go door to door and take our guns in preparation for loading the cattle cars, THEN I may consider playing Bartleby the Scrivener and just say no to everything that is demanded.

Gun owners will be rounded up even before the Jews and the teachers and the kulaks.
    Shit door to door confiscation and citizen round ups are are your threshold for even thinking about saying no to ever increasing infringement? If all gun owners have your attitude we might as well just turn in our guns and all report to prison right now.
    Last edited by KPShooting; December 17th, 2020 at 02:26 PM.
    F*#K THE ATF

(Washington County)

Well said GunLawyer.

I have numerous SBRs and had plans prior to this announcement to register several more. I like historic guns in their original configurations and legal so that I don*t have to hide them under my bed and can take them out to play.

I still recognize all gun laws are an infringement, would love to see the NFA repealed, etc. But I am also a law abiding citizen with a great life and no interest in being a criminal. I can*t support the 2A with my money, words, and actions while sitting in jail.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Washington County)

This document is scheduled to be published in the
    Federal Register on 12/18/2020 and available online at
    federalregister.gov/d/2020-27857, and on govinfo.gov

https://public-inspection.federalreg...2020-27857.pdf

Page 11, in part:

ATF understands that most individuals who acquired
    affected stabilizer-equipped firearms did so in good-faith reliance on representations,
    made by those selling the stabilizing braces or the firearms, that those firearms were not
    subject to the NFA.

Consequently, following issuance of this notice, ATF and DOJ plan to implement
    a separate process by which current possessors of affected stabilizer-equipped firearms
    may choose to register such firearms to be compliant with the NFA. As part of that
    process, ATF plans to expedite processing of these applications, and ATF has been
    informed that the Attorney General plans retroactively to exempt such firearms from the
    collection of NFA taxes if they were made or acquired, prior to the publication of this
    notice, in good faith. This separate process may include the following options:
    registering the firearm in compliance with the NFA (described above), permanently
    removing the stabilizing brace from the firearm and disposing of it, replacing the barrel
    of the firearm (16* or greater for a rifle, or 18* or greater for a shotgun), surrendering the
    firearm to ATF, or destroying the firearm.

Until that process is separately implemented, and absent a substantial public
    safety concern, ATF will exercise its enforcement discretion not to enforce the
    registration provisions of the NFA against any person who, before publication of this
    notice, in good faith acquired, transferred, made, manufactured, or possessed an affected
    stabilizer-equipped firearms.
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.
    Now offering High-Explosive Classes (Open to the Public)

I didn't say anything about not knowing that I own guns. I have NFA items, so doh, "they" know that I have guns. Its a matter of how many firearm that I own. This isn't being sneaky, this is a it's none of their fucking business. Losing your job is a huge concern for most of us, but I'll be damned if I bend the knee.

Not all of us live in the shadows, scurrying around to evade notice.

If I get prosecuted over some stupid possessory offense, there's an excellent chance that I will be bankrupted, lose my livelihood, and be unavailable ever again to provide legal advice.

I register what must be registered. I fight injustice in the courts. If the time comes that fascists go door to door and take our guns in preparation for loading the cattle cars, THEN I may consider playing Bartleby the Scrivener and just say no to everything that is demanded.

Look, if Wolf become Grand Emperor of the Enlightened Commonwealth, they won't just be looking for your "registered" guns. They will identify gun owners, and put them in camps while they bring in the urban yutes to thoroughly search/loot/ransack their homes. It won't be like "Unintended Consequences" where you can register just 1 of your Lahti's and keep the other as a secret. When the Left goes full-Mao on us, they'll come for YOU as a gun owner, someone most likely to resist their revealed wisdom.

Facebook and Google know if you're a gun owner, your credit card company knows, Walmart knows, Costco knows. Your neighbors know. The woke folk you went to high school with know. Your ex-wife, your in-laws, your kids, your kids' friends, the mailman, they all know you're a gun guy. You're dreaming if you believe that you can avoid the camps by not registering any of your guns. Gun owners will be rounded up even before the Jews and the teachers and the kulaks.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by KJP442 View Post
    I agree. "Oh the unelected bureaucrats are further infringing on my rights but at least I can get a free SBR stamp out of it!" GTFO here with that shit. It's like saying the rapist doesn't deserve the gas chamber because at least he didn't take your wallet while he was raping you.
    It reminds me of conversations regarding fingerprinting and the feds having your info.
    Someone always says "What do I care if they require prints? They already have all that info for my security clearances for work."
    Yeah, it's pretty easy to not care about something that affects everyone else by force when it's something you've willingly volunteered already.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Berks County)

I wouldn't bother registering any SBR's right now. I expect that anything worthy of an SBR is going to be banned with mandatory 'buy back' as first order of Harris/Biden's business. Then you'll need to decide what you want to do about that.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Then you'll need to decide what you want to do about that.
    I know what I'm doing.

I'm gonna hide that stuff on Oak Island...they'll never find it!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by WCMG View Post
    This document is scheduled to be published in the
    Federal Register on 12/18/2020 and available online at
    federalregister.gov/d/2020-27857, and on govinfo.gov

https://public-inspection.federalreg...2020-27857.pdf

Page 11, in part:

ATF understands that most individuals who acquired
    affected stabilizer-equipped firearms did so in good-faith reliance on representations,
    made by those selling the stabilizing braces or the firearms, that those firearms were not
    subject to the NFA.

Consequently, following issuance of this notice, ATF and DOJ plan to implement
    a separate process by which current possessors of affected stabilizer-equipped firearms
    may choose to register such firearms to be compliant with the NFA. As part of that
    process, ATF plans to expedite processing of these applications, and ATF has been
    informed that the Attorney General plans retroactively to exempt such firearms from the
    collection of NFA taxes if they were made or acquired, prior to the publication of this
    notice, in good faith. This separate process may include the following options:
    registering the firearm in compliance with the NFA (described above), permanently
    removing the stabilizing brace from the firearm and disposing of it, replacing the barrel
    of the firearm (16* or greater for a rifle, or 18* or greater for a shotgun), surrendering the
    firearm to ATF, or destroying the firearm.

Until that process is separately implemented, and absent a substantial public
    safety concern, ATF will exercise its enforcement discretion not to enforce the
    registration provisions of the NFA against any person who, before publication of this
    notice, in good faith acquired, transferred, made, manufactured, or possessed an affected
    stabilizer-equipped firearms.

Sounds too good/easy to be true.

The ATF plans to "expedite" processing of applications?
    Really???
    After all these decades of long waits, SUDDENLY the workload will become unimaginable (considering the sheer volume of braces out there) and they will move FASTER at processing them?
    Yeah, OK.

And "It's ALL FREE!!!"

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Washington County)

From FPC:

Your FPC team is in receipt of a draft notice from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (*ATF*) regarding how the agency will be evaluating weapons with *stabilizing braces.* Based upon our initial review of this notice, we offer these thoughts for your consideration:

1) The draft document does not appear to reflect a new *ban* on pistol braces or firearms with such devices. The ATF, evidently, is not indicating that the mere presence of a brace on a pistol automatically converts the firearm into one under the purview of the National Firearms Act (*NFA*). (Indeed, the ATF has no authority to declare accessories like pistol braces to be NFA components, though the agency*s previous conduct provides little reassurance.)

2) The draft document instead purports to be intended to inform the public on how brace-equipped firearms will be examined in the future. Based on the criteria set forth in the draft document, it appears that the ATF would take something of a *totality of the circumstances* approach in determining whether a specific brace-equipped pistol is a *short-barreled* firearm regulated under the NFA. These criteria include: the firearm*s type, caliber, weight, and length, the design of the brace itself, whether the firearm can be properly aimed when using the attachment as a brace, and whether an optic that cannot properly be used one-handed is present (i.e., something that suggests intent). The agency also indicates that it will observe the marketing of firearms and accessories, as well as other more subjective factors.

Help Fight the ATF - Join FPC Today!

3) Importantly, the draft document recognizes that most people with braced firearms have acted in good faith. It suggests that the agency seeks to establish a procedure by which people who already have firearms that may fall under the purview of the NFA, and who wish to take advantage of registering them as NFA firearms to obtain the legal protections of such, may potentially do so without payment of the associated tax.

FPC believes that the NFA is an unconstitutional infringement of the People*s rights, that the ATF should be abolished, and that any policy or practice enforcing the Act is unconstitutional and immoral.

With that said, the policies in the draft document do not appear to be a significant departure from previous publicly undisclosed agency policies, some of which were discovered through criminal prosecutions, FOIA requests, and other sources. Your FPC team will be monitoring the situation closely. If anything changes we will let you know as soon as possible.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

BTW, we all knew that "arm braces" were a scam.

Trump had ATF ban bump stocks, and as a lame duck his DOJ is pushing to ban "braced pistols" that are SBRs in every meaningful way.
    So I guess you think 80% receivers are a scam too? Because let's be honest, no one's using them as a paperweight.

Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast