Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    (Columbia County)

Default Re: DOJ advises ATF to ban braces.

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    The thought as occurred to me that should they go the route of requiring you to register them under the NFA without needing to pay the tax it would be a pretty good way to get "free" SBRs on guns that don't have braces.
    I would suspect they will put a stipulation that in order to qualify for the free tax stamp and registration the firearms being registered has to fit the definition of a pistol. With that rule in place it will prevent others from short barrelling the AR 15 carbine with a 16 in barrel for free.

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    I would suspect they will put a stipulation that in order to qualify for the free tax stamp and registration the firearms being registered has to fit the definition of a pistol. With that rule in place it will prevent others from short barrelling the AR 15 carbine with a 16 in barrel for free.
    Its an AR, you can legally change it from rifle to pistol whenever you want

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    Its an AR, you can legally change it from rifle to pistol whenever you want
    I not sure about that. The last I heard if the gun was manufactured as a pistol you can convert it to a rifle and even back to a pistol. If the firearm was originally manufactured as a rifle it cannot be converted to a pistol. It can be short barrelled with a tax stamp.

(Butler County)

I not sure about that. The last I heard if the gun was manufactured as a pistol you can convert it to a rifle and even back to a pistol. If the firearm was originally manufactured as a rifle it cannot be converted to a pistol. It can be short barrelled with a tax stamp.
    Fairly certain this statement is correct. If you want to convert it to a pistol, the appropriate forms and such need to be filed.
    -Brandon

I'd like to hear from our resident leftists on the matter. Still with joe?

This comment is retarded. Registering your firearms through NFA is much more effective at tracking down who owns what compared to 4473s as hundreds of thousands of guns have exchanged hands. You can't just sell an NFA item in the parking lot like you can with a 4473 item such as a long arm in PA.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshIronshaft View Post
    Fingers crossed they use lube on us and allow a tax free SBR registration period as alluded to in the doc.

(Clearfield County)

Yes you are correct, I had it backwards

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by aubie515 View Post
    This comment is retarded. Registering your firearms through NFA is much more effective at tracking down who owns what compared to 4473s as hundreds of thousands of guns have exchanged hands. You can't just sell an NFA item in the parking lot like you can with a 4473 item such as a long arm in PA.
    I agree. "Oh the unelected bureaucrats are further infringing on my rights but at least I can get a free SBR stamp out of it!" GTFO here with that shit. It's like saying the rapist doesn't deserve the gas chamber because at least he didn't take your wallet while he was raping you.

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    BTW, we all knew that "arm braces" were a scam. You can't even mount the "brace" on your arm and use the sights. Democrats passed the 1934 NFA, Democrats passed the 1994 AWB, Democrats want to confiscate your rifles and handguns and magazines and ammo. Hillary Clinton forced her husband to ban sales of EMPTY AMMO CANS to civilians because she didn't like the way it let them think that they were prepared to deal with emergencies without govt help.
    In 1972, under president Nixon, the ATF was created.

In 1986, under Reagen, we lost machineguns to the FOPA. We also saw the "armed career criminal act" as well as the "law enforcement officers protection act".

In 1990 under Bush I, we saw the he Crime Control Act of 1990 (Public Law 101-647) which bans the manufacturing and importing semiautomatic assault weapons in the United States. Also, "Gun-free school zones" are established, carrying specific penalties for violations.

In 2001, under president George W Bush, Project Safe Neighborhoods come into being. Since 2001, over 1.5 billion dollars have been allocated to it by the .fed

In 2008, W Bush President Bush signs the National Instant Criminal Background Check Improvement Act

At least list the gun control supported by the republican party if you're going to list it at all.

Nobody thinks that democrats are better for guns than republicans; however, many are challenging the idea that either side really cares at all. Whether you, I, or anyone else likes it, Trump's action regarding bumpstocks set the groundwork and precedent for future presidents to do the same thing with other "devices"/"accessories".

Today it's braces and 80% receivers. Next will be binary triggers (or any non-OEM trigger, period), so on, so forth.

Of course we all knew that braces were a loophole. And those who didn't think that loophole would close were fooling themselves. Getting angry at other gun owners for stating the truth- that Trump (or most of the republican party, honestly) doesn't truly care about gun owners isn't the answer to this problem.

The democrats aren't stupid. Neither are the republicans, and neither is the ATF. You don't think they all silently observed and took notes that plenty of republican voters would continue to vote for a candidate who actively enacted anti-2a legislation simply because of their party affiliation? You don't think they didn't notice gun owners blindly supporting the very LEO's that will enforce these laws, because of the riots, flying thin blue line flags and buying up 'back the blue' gear en-masse? Or gun rights organizations lying silent as police confiscated firearms from law abiding citizens in Minnesota? Or for that matter, when LEO and National Guard troops did the same under Bush during Katrina?

This would be like the republican party "opposing abortion" and yet being 100% in support of planned parenthood. That really is where we are as far as the "better" of the two parties when it comes to gun rights. Hell, hr 6395 received 140 REPUBLICAN votes in congress, securing a veto-proof majority, and it contains provisions for red-flagging US servicemembers.

It's time for all of us to take a long, hard look at what "our side" of the fight for the 2a in Washington is REALLY doing, and to hold them accountable.

This action by the ATF on braces has been planned for a long time. Rep Matt Gaetz warned us of it a long time ago. WAY before Biden became "president elect." This isn't an action of Biden, although he undoubtedly supports it, as evidenced by his transition team speaking directly with the ATF regarding it. This is an action by the same ATF who has been allowed to act this way under the current administration, operating unchecked by our current President, because it seems he honestly couldn't care less about gun owners, since they voted for him and endorsed him and even PRAISED HIM about gun rights, regardless of the reality of his history, his words, and his actions regarding the 2nd amendment.
    Genesis 27:3
    Support Your Local Hawaiian Shirt Enthusiasts

Quote Originally Posted by aubie515 View Post
    Not all of us live in the shadows, scurrying around to evade notice.

If I get prosecuted over some stupid possessory offense, there's an excellent chance that I will be bankrupted, lose my livelihood, and be unavailable ever again to provide legal advice.

I register what must be registered. I fight injustice in the courts. If the time comes that fascists go door to door and take our guns in preparation for loading the cattle cars, THEN I may consider playing Bartleby the Scrivener and just say no to everything that is demanded.

Look, if Wolf become Grand Emperor of the Enlightened Commonwealth, they won't just be looking for your "registered" guns. They will identify gun owners, and put them in camps while they bring in the urban yutes to thoroughly search/loot/ransack their homes. It won't be like "Unintended Consequences" where you can register just 1 of your Lahti's and keep the other as a secret. When the Left goes full-Mao on us, they'll come for YOU as a gun owner, someone most likely to resist their revealed wisdom.

Facebook and Google know if you're a gun owner, your credit card company knows, Walmart knows, Costco knows. Your neighbors know. The woke folk you went to high school with know. Your ex-wife, your in-laws, your kids, your kids' friends, the mailman, they all know you're a gun guy. You're dreaming if you believe that you can avoid the camps by not registering any of your guns. Gun owners will be rounded up even before the Jews and the teachers and the kulaks.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast