Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Re: DOJ advises ATF to ban braces.

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    With Biden in office forget about the NRA or any other pro gun org having any influence regardless of how wealthy they are. .
    And, I'm surprised these organizations aren't fighting like hell to get legislatures to do the right thing. Some might think this is a golden opportunity to rake in the cash; however, the cash is going to run out, and the entities are going to fold.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    A few months ago there was some prosecutor or hack politician in New York, I think?..who claimed to have authority over the NRA and threatened to have the organization shut down due to mismanagement.I haven't heard anything else since then though.
    Things like this are why I don't believe the NRA is horrible, and why I believe leftists have infiltrated firearm groups to put an anti-NRA bug in enthusiasts ears. If the NRA was harmless for the left, they wouldn't be trying so hard to destroy them.

The takedown of the NRA is all about the spectacle -- the public projection of strength by anti-gun astroturf groups and their paid political operatives.

NRA is basically irrelevant at this point and has been for a long time. They are pretty much the figurehead boogeyman that the ignorant left still believe represents the "opposition". This is their only function at this point: to draw fire. Mind you, these attacks are being levied by the same "educated" left that doesn't have a clue what semi-automatic, magazine, clip, barrel shroud, or bayonet lug mean and can't recognize "assault" when they are doing it to shop owners and patrons in their own neighborhoods. It's unsurprising that they go after the organizations that "sound" scary to their constituents.

Tactically and strategically, they appear to be out of the fight.

We haven't heard a WORD out of the NRA throughout this entire election cycle.

• No major ad campaigns to re-elect Donald Trump.
    • No notable attempt to defend against Bloomberg's continued encroachment at the state and local level.
    • No meaningful effort to coordinate with or back major grassroots pro-gun efforts in VA last year.
    • I can't recall them bringing any lawsuits against ATF or any other Federal or state infringement.

Just silence. Perhaps impotence.

Maybe I'm wrong, but that's the sense I've gotten.

Thankfully, we have GOA, FPC, SAF, and state-level orgs that aren't afraid to fight. (Looking at you, VCDL.)

Still, legislative, ballot, and judicial options appear to be dwindling. We must prepare to fight these battles in every domain. The onslaught is just beginning.
    I am not a lawyer.

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    And, I'm surprised these organizations aren't fighting like hell to get legislatures to do the right thing. Some might think this is a golden opportunity to rake in the cash; however, the cash is going to run out, and the entities are going to fold.
    As it stands right now even if Trump were to order the ATF to stand down on the arm brace scheme, guess what Sloppy Joe is going to reverse upon taking office. Right now the only thing the pro gun lobbyists can do in congress is clog things up and water bills down. Even if the Senate doesn't flip, there are some GOP senators that can't be trusted on gun bills. Maybe they can clogged things up in the house. With the Democrat in fighting and fear of losing seats in two years it might create gridlock.

However getting back to the cash. These groups namely the GOA and the FPC are doing what the NRA did decades ago with their numerous mailings asking for money. They better be careful here because that is a good way to piss loyal members off.
    Secondly I would like to know how much money gun manufacturers and gun shops are donating. After all if they ban the sale of semi autos. A lot of their business will be gone.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by buckengr View Post
    The takedown of the NRA is all about the spectacle -- the public projection of strength by anti-gun astroturf groups and their paid political operatives.

NRA is basically irrelevant at this point and has been for a long time. They are pretty much the figurehead boogeyman that the ignorant left still believe represents the "opposition". This is their only function at this point: to draw fire. Mind you, these attacks are being levied by the same "educated" left that doesn't have a clue what semi-automatic, magazine, clip, barrel shroud, or bayonet lug mean and can't recognize "assault" when they are doing it to shop owners and patrons in their own neighborhoods. It's unsurprising that they go after the organizations that "sound" scary to their constituents.

Tactically and strategically, they appear to be out of the fight.

We haven't heard a WORD out of the NRA throughout this entire election cycle.

• No major ad campaigns to re-elect Donald Trump.
    • No notable attempt to defend against Bloomberg's continued encroachment at the state and local level.
    • No meaningful effort to coordinate with or back major grassroots pro-gun efforts in VA last year.
    • I can't recall them bringing any lawsuits against ATF or any other Federal or state infringement.

Just silence. Perhaps impotence.

Maybe I'm wrong, but that's the sense I've gotten.

Thankfully, we have GOA, FPC, SAF, and state-level orgs that aren't afraid to fight. (Looking at you, VCDL.)

Still, legislative, ballot, and judicial options appear to be dwindling. We must prepare to fight these battles in every domain. The onslaught is just beginning.
    The NRA hasn't been donating because the left has done what it set out to do, drain their money so they are impotent. I don't think the left is as dumb as they portray themselves with regards to firearms. The talking faces on TV are, but the people behind the actual bans aren't. The public at large is pretty dumb, and the left plays on that fact. When I used to own AR15s and and AKs, non-gun enthusiasts always asked me, "Is that legal"? The left aims to misinform people who aren't firearm enthusiasts. And, they've done a stupendous job of it. Those same people thought my firearms were automatic weapons. The left has dumbed-down the public so much. People think that people are getting mowed down in the streets with AR15s and AKs. They are so adamant about that, their brains cannot allow facts to enter. Rifles are used in less than 450 murders every year in the U.S. Over 2 million people die every year in the U.S. 450 of those deaths are caused by rifles. I don't know how many of those rifles are ARs or Aks...the type of rifle really isn't relevant. Less than .00018% of the population dies from being shot by a rifle. People are just brainwashed by their TVs, politicians, and movie stars.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    However getting back to the cash. These groups namely the GOA and the FPC are doing what the NRA did decades ago with their numerous mailings asking for money. They better be careful here because that is a good way to piss loyal members off.
    With almost any group or organization, you'll eventually start attracting money/power hungry individuals. The groups begin to focus less on their primary purpose, and focus more on enriching/empowering the people at the top. There's hardly any organization whose main focus isn't gathering money from its members. I don't think firearm organizations are immune from this destructive human flaw. I see some of those organizations bash the NRA in an indirect manner. This causes me to question those group's motives. Are these groups FOR the preservation of 2nd Amendment rights. Or, do they smell blood in the water and want to draw donations away from a rival. I lean towards the latter. And, this, to me, is a problem. It suggests the group is just seeking to enrich itself. Gun owners need as much help as possible. Undercutting groups to gain dollars doesn't help gun owners.
    Last edited by Cville; December 17th, 2020 at 03:34 AM.

(Allegheny County)

When pistol braces are outlawed, only outlaws will have pistol braces.

Kind of works out that they have us all wearing masks already!
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    When pistol braces are outlawed, only outlaws will have pistol braces.
    My pistol my choice!
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Dauphin County)

If Biden is in fact the president and makes us all register our ARs, I'll just say it, might as well go the whole way and I'll manufacture my own mufflers.
    "Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things."- Marvin Heemeyer

(Chester County)

Legislative efforts will be fruitless save your money for ammo and other gear. Start thinking about who will be the leader of your platoon and what your targets will be. Dopey Joe's handlers and monied backers have no intention of letting the Senate republicans keep power. They will steal that election too then it will be time for unrestrained and all out revolt. We will have no other choice unless you decide to just roll over and turn your guns in. Talking and compromise is over. They've already shown they are prepared for war with the citizenry and are implementing their first salvos. Wish I was wrong.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast