Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Default Re: DOJ advises ATF to ban braces.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    "At least, Orange Man won't be in office", the TDS crowd will say this to themselves as their freedoms continually get squashed by a tyrannical government obsessed with regaining all of it's diminished power over our lives.
    I still support Trump and would take him over Biden or any other Democrat any day. But going back to bumpstocks...... When Trump used the atf to ban bumpstocks so many people took the stance of who cares..... it’s only a piece of plastic and a toy. But a lot of us saw it as opening a can of worms and using the atf for gun control. There are threads talking about this. I give Trump credit for a lot of things he did..... or more importantly credit for a lot of things he did not do when it comes to gun control. As he deserves praise for doing good things, he earned criticism opening that can of worms. And this order looks like it might be an extension of the can of worms he opened.

Biden sucks and this is just an early salvo being fired in the onslaught on the 2nd that Biden will be attacking it with. But Trump should have said “No, I will not use the ATF to outlaw bumpstocks”. I have a feeling that we are going to be feeling the effects of that often over the next four years.

Quote Originally Posted by jesemd View Post
    I am not a lawyer, but here is what i read in the 16 pages:

We, the ATF, approved arm braces for the benefit of amputee veterans. You all turned it into something dirty and twisted. Shouldering them with abandon and admitting it in print.

So, we, the ATF, are going to clamp down on the collective party, by NFAing most of the braces, in most configurations.

And we, the ATF, are going to be so understanding that you will have the option to:

1. Register it as an SBR with no tax.
    2. Remove the brace and install a smooth pistol buffer tube.
    3. Remove the barrel and replace with 16"+ (or pin and weld an extension?)

4. Dispose of the firearm.

Seems they are testing the waters to see what they can get away with, same as the 80% thing happening.

Sounds like I should sell my Amazon stock and buy cases of smooth pistol buffers and 16" barrels.
    The two in bold are pretty hard to do on a large number of pistols including all in the AK variety.

The only thing you missed is they aren’t going to be telling us what is and is not legal so we can be put in a position where it may or may not be 10 years at club fed for just going to the range on a Tuesday with your kid.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    I still support Trump and would take him over Biden or any other Democrat any day. But going back to bumpstocks...... When Trump used the atf to ban bumpstocks so many people took the stance of who cares..... it*s only a piece of plastic and a toy. But a lot of us saw it as opening a can of worms and using the atf for gun control. There are threads talking about this. I give Trump credit for a lot of things he did..... or more importantly credit for a lot of things he did not do when it comes to gun control. As he deserves praise for doing good things, he earned criticism opening that can of worms. And this order looks like it might be an extension of the can of worms he opened.

Biden sucks and this is just an early salvo being fired in the onslaught on the 2nd that Biden will be attacking it with. But Trump should have said *No, I will not use the ATF to outlaw bumpstocks*. I have a feeling that we are going to be feeling the effects of that often over the next four years.

I don't think the bump stock ban is the cause of this. Government agencies seem to be filled with people who believe the government should have total control over people's lives. I think the ban is the result of freedom hating ATF employees who feel the chains have been broken, and who can now go after citizens with impunity. I don't know why Trump isn't reeling them in. Perhaps he's bitter, IDK. Maybe he thinks like I do, the people made their bed, let them sleep in it. I've tried to open people's eyes ever since this Covid lockdown scam began. Tried to open people's eyes with regards to Trump's (mostly) hands-off approach with firearms during his presidency. Tried to open people eyes with regards to Biden. A lot of people refuse to pull their heads from their ass though. "Are you a doctor", "It'll never happen", "Trump said 'take the guns first, due process second'", "Trump was worse on the 2nd Amendment than Obama", "This happens every election" are the typical responses from idiots. I cannot call them anything other than what they are.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by pens87pgh View Post
    with a biden administration, it'll be daily lawsuits against everything he does. GOA, FPC and others are going to have their hands full and will need our support.
    The left is going to bankrupt pro 2A groups and firearm manufacturers. The manufacturers will go bankrupt while court cases are being resolved. Pro gun groups will be bankrupt fighting those cases. The people who are backing the left have more money than all of us combined. The top ten wealthiest people probably have more money than the rest of us combined. Pro 2A groups may still exist, but they aren't going to wield much power. Look at the NRA. It's pretty much been gutted by the left. Not to say that management was good, but the left ran anti-NRA messages throughout firearm groups and turned firearm owners against the organization. Not that the NRA is great, but they did have a good bit of money and influence.

I don't think the bump stock ban is the cause of this. Government agencies seem to be filled with people who believe the government should have total control over people's lives. I think the ban is the result of freedom hating ATF employees who feel the chains have been broken, and who can now go after citizens with impunity. I don't know why Trump isn't reeling them in. Perhaps he's bitter, IDK. Maybe he thinks like I do, the people made their bed, let them sleep in it. I've tried to open people's eyes ever since this Covid lockdown scam began. Tried to open people's eyes with regards to Trump's (mostly) hands-off approach with firearms during his presidency. Tried to open people eyes with regards to Biden. A lot of people refuse to pull their heads from their ass though. "Are you a doctor", "It'll never happen", "Trump said 'take the guns first, due process second'", "Trump was worse on the 2nd Amendment than Obama", "This happens every election" are the typical responses from idiots. I cannot call them anything other than what they are.
    I pretty much agree with what you are saying about Trump and have had many similar conversations. I will admit that I found it frustrating when people tried to make it out that Trump was overall bad for the 2nd or worse than Obama. In many ways 3 of the last 4 years have been a golden age for firearms because of Trump and his mostly hands off approach. I could be wrong about Bump stocks. But it seems to me that it was a chance to reign in the atf..... instead it embolden them. And if Trump allowed the ATF to ban bumpstocks...... Biden will only be embolden by that and complete the weaponization of the atf against the 2nd.

i will be donating a hefty sum to the GOA tomorrow. I hope this issue is one that they will fight to the end.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRabbit View Post
    And WTF may I ask is Trump doing for us right now?
    Right now he is fighting to keep his presidency from theft by fraud.

(Columbia County)

The left is going to bankrupt pro 2A groups and firearm manufacturers. The manufacturers will go bankrupt while court cases are being resolved. Pro gun groups will be bankrupt fighting those cases. The people who are backing the left have more money than all of us combined. The top ten wealthiest people probably have more money than the rest of us combined. Pro 2A groups may still exist, but they aren't going to wield much power. Look at the NRA. It's pretty much been gutted by the left. Not to say that management was good, but the left ran anti-NRA messages throughout firearm groups and turned firearm owners against the organization. Not that the NRA is great, but they did have a good bit of money and influence.
    With Biden in office forget about the NRA or any other pro gun org having any influence regardless of how wealthy they are. .

(Philadelphia County)

A few months ago there was some prosecutor or hack politician in New York, I think?..who claimed to have authority over the NRA and threatened to have the organization shut down due to mismanagement.I haven't heard anything else since then though.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

I'm thinning the herd anyway, and I didn't use my AR pistol much, so I sold it for a good price. One less gun to worry about losing at sea.

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer View Post
    Right now he is fighting to keep his presidency from theft by fraud.
    That ship has sailed. Time to figure out how we're going to deal with the next four years, and it would help if the ringmaster would reign in the dog shooters in the last 30 days of his presidency. But quite frankly, he doesn't give two poops and a shake about us, or he'd be doing something about this already. He responds real quick when someone says something "nasty" about him on the interwebs. Law-abiding companies get raided and peoples' property seized a week ago...crickets

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast