Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: .22LR Pistols

(Bucks County)

Default .22LR Pistols

I’ve been looking at .22LR pistols recently, wanting to get another “range toy” so that I can afford to keep shooting.

I recently put a red dot on my Buckmark, so that slot is filled. I’m otherwise lacking in .22LR pistols and I’m interested in picking up something else to mix it up, and also to use to introduce new shooters.

So far this is what I have looked at:

Taurus TX22:
    Pros: high mag capacity, threaded barrel, seems like a lot of options and a good shooter. Have seen plenty of raving reviews as well as (here at PAFOA) “it’s junk because Taurus”
    Cons: unavailable unless you want to spend $379 plus shipping plus transfer (buying thru gunbroker). The same pistol was commonly on sale for $299 at Cabelas of all places.

Browning 1911-22:
    Pros: Reviews say it’s a very reliable, high quality pistol
    Cons: Basic iron sights leave something to be desired. about $500 on gunbroker, also have not seen one recently at a LGS.

Ruger Wrangler: don’t know much about these but I’d rather get a Ruger than a cheap heritage SA revolver.

S&W 41: Saw one on consignment at Classic Pistol. Super nice firearm but there is no way I can justify spending about a grand on a .22LR target pistol given the fact that I go to the range less than 10x per year and don’t shoot competitively

I’m looking for opinions on what I have looked at so far as well as other suggestions. Thanks!

(Monroe County)

Default Re: .22LR Pistols

The Beretta Neos can be found usually for 250 or less and is a decent gun. Similar to a Buckmark. Heritages aren't too bad, but if the wrangler was out when I got mine, I would have picked the wrangler.

(Philadelphia County)

my 3 favorites right now are the keltec p17 (smaller overall size than tx22) - mine runs and runs... the lcp 2 22lr very fun little pocket 22. i also have a 'long slide' sr22 4.5" barrel that i debate about keeping, and the LCR 22LR 8shot 22lr revolver (awesome revolver, cant say enough about it)

(Lancaster County)

Why not just the classic S&W 617? It's a tack driver and very fun to shoot. Probably out shoot every one of the listed above

(Bucks County)

No list of .22 pistols is complete unless you have a Ruger Mark II on it (and I mean mark II, I don't see the point of a Mark III or the new one).

Not saying that will be the one you get........but it should be on your list.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

It's more pricey than the Wrangler, but I'm really liking the Single Six. It has an interchangeable cylinder for 22 Mag.

(Clinton County)

Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Montgomery County)

The M&P .22LR Compact or Ruger SR22 are pretty fun. Also the Beretta 92 22LR gets great reviews and is the exact size, controls and holster compatibility as the 9mm 92 series.

(Northampton County)

Take a look at a S&W Victory. You can get them threaded or unthreaded and usually at a reasonable price. Mine is a tack driver. Good luck in your search.

Smit

Like bugout said the p17 is probably the best bang for the buck,comes with 3 magazines and the barrel is threaded. Sportsman's Warehouse when in stock has them for $169.00 .I bought a couple 22 suppressors years ago so as an excuse I have been searching for the best host. The tx22 ,sr22, victory , Ruger lite, Ruger charger are just some .There are many good choices, problem is finding one in stock.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast