Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: .22LR Pistols

(Bucks County)

Default Re: .22LR Pistols

Quote Originally Posted by lager1829 View Post
    Why not just the classic S&W 617? It's a tack driver and very fun to shoot. Probably out shoot every one of the listed above
    I had a new (within the last 10 years) 617. The cylinder gap was larger on the left side than the right. Gun constantly seized up from carbon fouling dragging along the forcing cone. Couldn't get rid of it fast enough with the only regret being that i paid new price for it.

Quote Originally Posted by TDIfan View Post
    The Beretta Neos can be found usually for 250 or less and is a decent gun. Similar to a Buckmark. Heritages aren't too bad, but if the wrangler was out when I got mine, I would have picked the wrangler.
    First 22 i ever shot was a neos. So much fun. Totally reliable and it looks futuristic. It isn't really an upgrade from a buckmark though.

Maybe it is just me, but I hate loading 22 into magazines so i pick my 22 based on of it works with the ultimate clip loader. I have a Ruger mark iii hunter and a mark iv light. The mark 4 is excellent.

-Zach

+1 on Ruger Single six. 2 chamberings, 1 pistol.
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

If you want a .22 that mimics a top-line striker-fired pistol, check out the Walther PPQ. It's made by Walther, not subcontracted to another manufacturer. It's not scaled down, and the slide is machined aluminum, not cast zinc. It has 12-round mags, not 10 like everyone else. Very nice pistol!

Quote Originally Posted by firebird.77 View Post

Ruger Wrangler: don*t know much about these but I*d rather get a Ruger than a cheap heritage SA revolver.

I knew I saw one of these somewhere.

$220
    https://palmettostatearmory.com/ruge...lver-2003.html

(Bucks County)

I have 3 Ruger 22/45 MKIV's, Lite, tactical & 5.5 in standard. Simple fantastic 22 caliber handguns in every way. They all eat any 22 bulk ammo I throw at them and run flawlessly. I also have a Ruger SR22 that runs every brand of bulk ammo flawlessly except for American Eagle 40gr. Have a friend that has the S&W victory and that shoots real good but is a bit more finicky with bulk ammo than my Rugers. I had a Taurus TX22, total nightmare, will never buy a Taurus again. I shoot my 22,s at Classic on average 3-4 days a week with an average of 250-300 rds per visit. My Rugers all have 1000's and 1000's of rds fired and they just keep shooting. I might be willing to try the KelTec but they feel like a toy gun and I don't know if they'll hold up to heavy use. Heard very good things about the Walther PPQ 22.

(Butler County)

Ruger single six is easy on ammo. Pretty accurate too. A S&W 41 is a very sweet gun also. Kinda pricey but you get what you pay for

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by zachomega View Post
    I had a new (within the last 10 years) 617. The cylinder gap was larger on the left side than the right. Gun constantly seized up from carbon fouling dragging along the forcing cone. Couldn't get rid of it fast enough with the only regret being that i paid new price for it.

First 22 i ever shot was a neos. So much fun. Totally reliable and it looks futuristic. It isn't really an upgrade from a buckmark though.

Maybe it is just me, but I hate loading 22 into magazines so i pick my 22 based on of it works with the ultimate clip loader. I have a Ruger mark iii hunter and a mark iv light. The mark 4 is excellent.

-Zach
    I had a Neos, and sold it for almost what I paid for it. Got a SW Victory adding about 75 bucks. Much more refined gun, and I haven't had a hiccup with any ammo. I quit counting at 5k rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
    Like bugout said the p17 is probably the best bang for the buck,comes with 3 magazines and the barrel is threaded. Sportsman's Warehouse when in stock has them for $169.00 .I bought a couple 22 suppressors years ago so as an excuse I have been searching for the best host. The tx22 ,sr22, victory , Ruger lite, Ruger charger are just some .There are many good choices, problem is finding one in stock.
    Yep. I have the TX22 and it has been great, but the P17 is my current favorite .22lr pistol. Everyone who shoots it loves it. So much so, my father bought one for himself from Sportsman's Warehouse last month.

Check these URLs from time to time. The baby shit tan one pops up for sale at least once or twice a week, usually early in the morning.

https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting-...unds/p/1620147

https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting-...unds/p/1620146

Another great gun is the Kel Tec CP33. Damn fun gun to shoot. Accurate and reliable to boot. Looks like the Sandman Gun from Logan's Run. Sportsman's in Camp Hill had three of them when I was there two weeks ago.

https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting-...unds/p/1535294

Quote Originally Posted by triplebike View Post
    I have 3 Ruger 22/45 MKIV's, Lite, tactical & 5.5 in standard. Simple fantastic 22 caliber handguns in every way. They all eat any 22 bulk ammo I throw at them and run flawlessly. I also have a Ruger SR22 that runs every brand of bulk ammo flawlessly except for American Eagle 40gr. Have a friend that has the S&W victory and that shoots real good but is a bit more finicky with bulk ammo than my Rugers. I had a Taurus TX22, total nightmare, will never buy a Taurus again. I shoot my 22,s at Classic on average 3-4 days a week with an average of 250-300 rds per visit. My Rugers all have 1000's and 1000's of rds fired and they just keep shooting. I might be willing to try the KelTec but they feel like a toy gun and I don't know if they'll hold up to heavy use. Heard very good things about the Walther PPQ 22.
    I have over 2k rounds through my Kel Tec CP33. The issues I've had were it didn't like CCI 36gr ammo, and it's easy to rimlock the mags if you don't load them correctly. Kel Tec says in the manual not to use 36gr ammo, so it was no surprise. The simple solution was I only shoot 40gr 22lr - it eats everything from crappy ammo to the expensive stuff. For the rimlock issue, the American Speedloaders CP33 Nest Loader fixed that problem.

(Berks County)

I'll be contrary; 22LR is non-reloadable, and unobtainium. A 38 revolver would be cheaper to shoot than a 22, if you reload. No?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast