Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Carrying at State Police barracks?

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    I left my toys in the car anyways. The company I contract to is notoriously anti-gun.
    Way to sell out your principals for the almighty dollar! Constitition MF'er!

Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    I*ll bet the sign is a preemption violation. Some penn dot locations have them. Doesn*t make them legal.

There was a thread about those on here a while back. I know on the PennDot in Delco entry door it looked like it was put there by someone else and not part of the original set of circle/line through warnings. The no guns was on the outside of the glass, the others inside.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    Way to sell out your principals for the almighty dollar! Constitition MF'er!

LOL!

I also like having a paycheck. Crawling around in utility and server rooms leaves too much of a chance of exposure. Last thing I need is them telling the contracting company not to send me to other of their locations, or other state locations. If I don't go, they will send someone else. And these jobs pay $312 for about 30min of work(not including driving time).
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

The barracks I've been to had signs on the lobby doors.

They also have a booking area where they do prints in a back room. I would assume that anything past the lobby would be considered a "secure holding area". Based on that, I would assume the whole building is a gun-free zone, but it could just be the back.

This is one place I personally wouldn't want to be the test case. Obviously other people have had other luck, but I'm not sure if those locations have different configurations. Parking lot was good enough for me in this one instance.
    I am not a lawyer.

(Bucks County)

I walked into our local PSP facility's driver testing center years ago. Two civilians were seated behind a long table. A trooper was leaning back against the wall, front chair legs off the floor. It was back in the days when we were all free to chose to smoke cigarettes. I had one burning. In there for a minute or two, I noticed a sign almost at the ceiling...No Smoking.

I said "oops, sorry folks, didn't see the sign. How come there's ash trays?" (There were two on the table). Troop snarled "they're for us, not for you!" I guess he saw the fight in me building. He got up and went through the door, outta sight.

So typical of the God complex they seem to be trained to have. Not all, of course, but enough in my experiences to think something taught at the academy is counter-productive.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    I walked into our local PSP facility's driver testing center years ago. Two civilians were seated behind a long table. A trooper was leaning back against the wall, front chair legs off the floor. It was back in the days when we were all free to chose to smoke cigarettes. I had one burning. In there for a minute or two, I noticed a sign almost at the ceiling...No Smoking.

I said "oops, sorry folks, didn't see the sign. How come there's ash trays?" (There were two on the table). Troop snarled "they're for us, not for you!" I guess he saw the fight in me building. He got up and went through the door, outta sight.

So typical of the God complex they seem to be trained to have. Not all, of course, but enough in my experiences to think something taught at the academy is counter-productive.
    Right, that incident is strictly exclusive to PSP
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

Question Re: Carrying at State Police barracks?

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    Right, that incident is strictly exclusive to PSP
    Had a PSP at our gun club a few years back , supposedly to explain any questions about PA gun laws. I sat right up front with a copy of the PA Uniform Firearms Act and the federal book I get with my FFL. This guy was so full of shit , and I called him on every issue , asking him to show me in the PA-UFA. The club officers were getting quite pissed at me as I had the Trooper , a Sgt and EXPERT on firearms , spinning his wheels and getting quite pissed himself. He said a few times, ''It's not a state firearms law , it's a state police firearms regulation!"
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Bucks County)

"Right, that incident is strictly exclusive to PSP"

I don't fault you for defending. But I was on the job for 34 years and that is one of quite a few distasteful transactions. You can't always see and feel what's happening on the ground from the air
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    "Right, that incident is strictly exclusive to PSP"

I don't fault you for defending. But I was on the job for 34 years and that is one of quite a few distasteful transactions. You can't always see and feel what's happening on the ground from the air
    I'm not defending. I've worked with a few assholes, PSP and municipal, the fact that you think that being an asshole is exclusive to PSP is pretty telling about your powers of observation. Ask Dean about the Chicago P.D. or any number of people here about the Phily P.D. or how about Manxdriver and his love for the Warminster P.D.?

Your post had absolutely nothing to do with being helpful to the OP, other than to sling mud. How are you any better than that Trooper that offended you so many years ago? It's rhetorical, don't bother answering because I don't care.
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    Had a PSP at our gun club a few years back , supposedly to explain any questions about PA gun laws. I sat right up front with a copy of the PA Uniform Firearms Act and the federal book I get with my FFL. This guy was so full of shit , and I called him on every issue , asking him to show me in the PA-UFA. The club officers were getting quite pissed at me as I had the Trooper , a Sgt and EXPERT on firearms , spinning his wheels and getting quite pissed himself. He said a few times, ''It's not a state firearms law , it's a state police firearms regulation!"
    Some people think they know but don't know....he really should have known his audience. My concern is that he is a Sgt and his troopers will turn to him for questions that he may not be correct on

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12