Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Cabelas Inventory ?

Anyone been to Cabelas in Hamburg this week? Not in dire need of anything but was thinking of a road trip and would stop in if they had any ammo (or primers hopefully) on the shelves

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Cabelas Inventory ?

Quote Originally Posted by glocke12 View Post
    Anyone been to Cabelas in Hamburg this week? Not in dire need of anything but was thinking of a road trip and would stop in if they had any ammo (or primers hopefully) on the shelves
    I've been stopping at Cabelas (and Priority One Surplus) as I've been coming back from the Harrisburg rallies for the past few Saturdays.
    They do have ammo and loading supplies. BUT as with most places; it's kinda a crap shoot as to if it's what you want.

Example; I was there last Saturday. No ammo that I wanted; Such as 9mm + 7.62x39.
    But they had lots of shotgun ammo and a cart full of 5.56 that people seemed to walk right past.
    Being an AK guy and not an AR guy. I was surprised people were not grabbing that 5.56. They probably know something I don't.
    And their reloading section was somewhat sparse. They had brass and reloading tools. But their powder was limited and I did not notice any primers.
    --ET

(Berks County)

No primers including percussion caps. Few bullets. Few brass. Sparse ammo. Sparse guns. Sparse powder. No ammo boxes. Few of the mtm creates. Little bit of case lube. Stocked on real avid stuff. Sparse dies. They had 9mm I put it in the deals thread. Probably gone the next day.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

I was at Bass Pro in Harrisburg this weekend & no ammo outisde of calibers no one shoots. Every time I look online, Hamburg says out of stock on everything

if you want ammo cans and can hold your breath and buy chynah, harbor freight has them.
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(Bucks County)

Went to Dietricks meats today so decided to swing over to Cabelas. The handgun cabinets from the scopes all the way to gun room were empty except for a few Kimber 1991*s and 2 or 3 cowboy replica guns. No ammo except for multiple boxes of .28 Norma I think it was, some 20 gauge shotgun loads and some boxes of skeet loads but I didn*t even check gauge.

For an idea on prices, saw a used, old, pretty well beat up Winchester 12 gauge pump for $649.99!

If you want plastic ammo cans, crates, whatever, the entire forearm section is loaded with them keeping the shelves from being completely bare.

(Schuylkill County)

Was at Cabala's this past Saturday. With handguns they're stocked at about ten percent if even that, although they do have lots of bolt action rifles and a decent amount of shotguns. Their ammo shelves are practically empty, although they did have some 6mm rounds along with a few other unusual calibers.