Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default 50 BMG offerings and who owns them?

While my current crop of firearms has varied calipers, I am wondering about the 50 BMG and aside from about a million YouTube posters, How many "regular folks" have a 50 BMG, Noted that the cost of 100 rounds is $300 which is about the same as 100 rounds of 30-06, So at this manic time its rounds are not too costly,
    They seem like a fun rifle to own and I know I would get some enjoyment out of it, But where do I find a 1000 yard range in Phila or Pittsburgh?
    Single shot Serbu starts at $1100 and the Barrett offerings go to $13,000 and there are offerings throughout the price range,

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: 50 BMG offerings and who owns them?

I have a bushmaster ba-50 which is the Cobb design. I paid 4200 or so for it. I didn’t want a single shot. I had heard issues with the Barretts and that really narrowed down the list quickly.
    This is a 10 round mag fed bolt gun. One of the draws to this was its supposed to be a moa accurate 50 where most run 2-3. It’s also or was in use with the coast guard.

My only knock on this is it has a very heavy trigger pull compared to most bolt guns.

(Lackawanna County)

I should add. I don’t shoot it much but it’s not a bad rifle to shoot. I feel it has less recoil than my 338 lapua to be honest. There are also a ton of api and what not out there for it.

(Mifflin County)

You need to become friends with a farmer to find a place to shoot them . Thats what the folks here do .

Haven't shot mine in years, nowhere to shoot it.

(Washington County)

My friend has an M82A1 I've shot a lot. Mostly just dumping rounds into cardboard at 7 yards, trying to beat Jerry Miculek's 1 second 6 round bill drill time. I got 1.01 seconds, video below. It's a fun rifle to shoot, recoil isn't bad at all. I shoot it standing off hand all the time. They take up a lot of room in the safe. That's about the only downside. No clue how accurate it is, don't care. It's an anti-material rifle.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bv9_Jd8n..._web_copy_link
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

Quote Originally Posted by JoshIronshaft View Post
    My friend has an M82A1 I've shot a lot. Mostly just dumping rounds into cardboard at 7 yards, trying to beat Jerry Miculek's 1 second 6 round bill drill time. I got 1.01 seconds, video below. It's a fun rifle to shoot, recoil isn't bad at all. I shoot it standing off hand all the time. They take up a lot of room in the safe. That's about the only downside. No clue how accurate it is, don't care. It's an anti-material rifle.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bv9_Jd8n..._web_copy_link
    Back in the day, that was equivalent to a hand grenade (powder weight). Imagine that,
    coming out of the front of a barrel.

(Cumberland County)

I have a ar50 that is comfortable to shoot. Have just ran surplus ammo thru it so accuracy hasn*t been tested. Don*t really care as I got it for a heavy hitter and not a distance gun per say. Noisy and stirs up the dirt big time but a fun one for sure. The way ammo prices are going the 50 isn*t looking to bad to shoot at 3 to 4 bucks a round.

(York County)

have a Barrett M82A1 and they are also in use with the USMC scout snipers. I figure if it is good enough to be a service rifle in sniper applications then its certainly good enough for any civilian use. the ammo is available in many flavors and the M82A1 recoil system dampens it down to less than a 12 ga. which makes it easy to shoot in a T-shirt all day long. its big, its heavy, but its absolutely impressive. my advice to you is together a Barrett M82A1 as Barrett is the pinnacle of .50 cal rifles and ive fired 5 different ones with no issues at all in any of them. dont be a cheap ass and buy a bolt action slop job or a semi auto wanna be rifle as you will only waste your money. the cheaper you go in this caliber the worse you are. Remington was making a semi auto 50 right before they went belly up so I dont know if they are going to continue to produce them as my distributers dont have them in stock, but they do have them listed on the websites. if you dont want torun a Barrett, then check out the black arrow by Zastava.

(Washington County)

We have an Armalite AR-50 bolt action. I'm guessing we have put nearly 1,000 rounds through it over the past 4 years at the rental range.
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.
    Now offering High-Explosive Classes (Open to the Public)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast