Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 40 of 40
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Quakertown, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)
    Posts
    4,811
    Rep Power
    21474852

    Default Re: Guns & Gadgets Trumpets GOA Victory in Philadelphia (Video)

    In before the, "It's not a victory until the Philthy GPU gives out free Glocks!" posts.

    Way to go Val!
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    East side of the ANF, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    6,287
    Rep Power
    21474855

    Default Re: Guns & Gadgets Trumpets GOA Victory in Philadelphia (Video)

    Don't get me wrong; I think it's great that GOA won a victory over the PPD LTCF unit.

    However, three threads in five days on the same subject in the same sub-forum is a bit much on the duplication.

    All three threads are merged.

    Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    York, Pennsylvania
    (York County)
    Posts
    205
    Rep Power
    4828817

    Default Re: Victory in Philadelphia: Gun Permit Unit Will Accept Applications via Email

    Quote Originally Posted by cl0r0x70 View Post
    Glad to have people like you and the GOA fighting the good fight. THANK YOU!

    You've asked people to let you know if "it" is taking longer than 45 days. What is "it?"

    The GPU told me that they've recieved my emailed application, and apparently I filled everything correctly and sent all the necessary documents. Now I think I have to wait up to 45 days for them to make a decision. Is that "it?"

    But what about the next step? I called them yesterday and asked if I could go ahead and schedule my appointment for pickup. They said "no," that I had to wait for my acceptance email first.

    My fear is obviously that (after trying for days and getting busy signals) I'll be told "great. . . see you next September 23rd."
    They have 45 days after you apply to approve your application and issue your LTCF. If they schedule a date after 45 calendar days for pickup, please let me know about that. They can’t delay on the other end.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    West Chester, Pennsylvania
    (Chester County)
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Victory in Philadelphia: Gun Permit Unit Will Accept Applications via Email

    We need this relief in Chester and Delaware Counties too.
    I made an appointment with Chester County in late October, they gave me a June 1 date.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Douglassville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    6,730
    Rep Power
    21474851

    Default Re: Victory in Philadelphia: Gun Permit Unit Will Accept Applications via Email

    Quote Originally Posted by CopaMundial View Post
    We need this relief in Chester and Delaware Counties too.
    I made an appointment with Chester County in late October, they gave me a June 1 date.
    Call Katie Muth and tell her about it. She's the citizens' Senator.
    If you're afraid of the people you represent, you might be doing something wrong

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    West Chester, Pennsylvania
    (Chester County)
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Victory in Philadelphia: Gun Permit Unit Will Accept Applications via Email

    Bumping this thread to note that Chester and Delaware Counties are still requiring an appointment to drop off LTCF applications.
    In Chester County if requesting an appointment today 2/4/2021, the first available appointment slot is 10/26/2021 or 38 weeks.
    The rest of the courthouse is open, with simple temperature checks at the door and limits on the # of people allowed in the elevators. Sheriff's office is open for other business, with monthly in-person sheriff's sales open to the public.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    (Philadelphia County)
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Victory in Philadelphia: Gun Permit Unit Will Accept Applications via Email

    Quote Originally Posted by CopaMundial View Post
    Bumping this thread to note that Chester and Delaware Counties are still requiring an appointment to drop off LTCF applications.
    In Chester County if requesting an appointment today 2/4/2021, the first available appointment slot is 10/26/2021 or 38 weeks.
    The rest of the courthouse is open, with simple temperature checks at the door and limits on the # of people allowed in the elevators. Sheriff's office is open for other business, with monthly in-person sheriff's sales open to the public.
    Are you waiting for your permit or just know they aren't trying to timely process these permits?

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    West Chester, Pennsylvania
    (Chester County)
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Victory in Philadelphia: Gun Permit Unit Will Accept Applications via Email

    Quote Originally Posted by astn View Post
    Are you waiting for your permit or just know they aren't trying to timely process these permits?
    I foolishly let mine expire. It was expired for too long so I wasn’t granted the automatic extension.
    This appointment is required to simply drop off the application. This isn’t an interview or background check or any of that, just to drop off the form and your application fee. It is an obvious tactic to evade the 45 day timeframe required by the legislature by adding more than 6 months leadtime before the process can start.
    To make matters worse, I now know that I need to be out of town the week of my June 1 appointment (which was first date I could get last Oct), so I called to see if I could reschedule. They said I had to use the online scheduling tool to do that, and the online tool doesn’t give any special consideration if you already had an appointment. The first available appointment it gave me to reschedule into was Oct 28th.
    The online tool is scheduling 15 min appointments. These are for new LTCF applications only... not renewals, and not for any other service at the Sheriff’s office. There is no way that there are that many people in Chester County waiting for new carry permits. If that were true the Sheriffs election would have gone a different way.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    (Philadelphia County)
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Victory in Philadelphia: Gun Permit Unit Will Accept Applications via Email

    Quote Originally Posted by CopaMundial View Post
    I foolishly let mine expire. It was expired for too long so I wasn’t granted the automatic extension.
    This appointment is required to simply drop off the application. This isn’t an interview or background check or any of that, just to drop off the form and your application fee. It is an obvious tactic to evade the 45 day timeframe required by the legislature by adding more than 6 months leadtime before the process can start.
    To make matters worse, I now know that I need to be out of town the week of my June 1 appointment (which was first date I could get last Oct), so I called to see if I could reschedule. They said I had to use the online scheduling tool to do that, and the online tool doesn’t give any special consideration if you already had an appointment. The first available appointment it gave me to reschedule into was Oct 28th.
    The online tool is scheduling 15 min appointments. These are for new LTCF applications only... not renewals, and not for any other service at the Sheriff’s office. There is no way that there are that many people in Chester County waiting for new carry permits. If that were true the Sheriffs election would have gone a different way.
    You may be surprised at how many people are seeking carry permits. I was the lawyer who filed the suit against the City of Philadelphia, and while I was preparing that case I was surprised by the political make-up of the applicants. Gun rights are't a red/blue thing anymore; it's just a question of if the politicians are going to catch-up with the times or are the voters going let themselves be browbeat back into "guns bad!"

    Point blank, the Sheriff isn't allowed to do that, and the only reason that Chester County (and I believe DelCo) are able to do that is because it's too expensive to fix, there is very little likelihood of recovering attorney's fees, so citizens (or organizations) are left paying the bill. If it weren't for GOA, Philadelphia's gun permit unit would probably still be closed today.

    I'd be happy to do it again vs. Chester and Delaware Sheriffs, but it's just expensive (even at 'friendly' rates.) If you (or a group of you) are interested, let me know.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Quakertown, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)
    Posts
    658
    Rep Power
    14262606

    Default Re: Victory in Philadelphia: Gun Permit Unit Will Accept Applications via Email

    My Bucks permit is up in May, I set a reminder to have it done in mid April if possible....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: November 20th, 2015, 09:25 AM
  2. Ending Philadelphia Gun Permit Unit's Practices
    By one_Self in forum Pennsylvania
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: February 17th, 2013, 12:58 AM
  3. Gun sales, permit applications up
    By Computer Steve in forum General
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: January 1st, 2010, 06:08 AM
  4. 24TH DISTRICT COPS DON'T ACCEPT FLORIDA NON RES PERMIT.
    By PA CERTIFIED AGENT in forum General
    Replies: 92
    Last Post: November 17th, 2008, 06:28 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •