Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Victory in Philadelphia: Gun Permit Unit Will Accept Applications via Email

Quote Originally Posted by DennisH82 View Post
    I don't know about victory, they are requiring proof of Residency, I thought your DL supplied that, Monroe county has been doing his with just the DL
    And what proof of residency did you use to get your (non real ID) Pa DL?

The best I remember was a guy with three different VALID PA DL*s all with slightly different info.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Victory in Philadelphia: Gun Permit Unit Will Accept Applications via Email

Delco next in line? I know people who have appointments scheduled as late as next April just to apply for CC permit. Insane!!!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by DennisH82 View Post
    I don't know about victory, they are requiring proof of Residency, I thought your DL supplied that, Monroe county has been doing his with just the DL
    Didn't they have to be taken to court to get them to do that?
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Good to hear!
    I hope it works out.

(Philadelphia County)

They are, however, requiring a scheduled (not just show up) appointment to pick up a LTCF that is granted.

And currently very bad at picking up the phone for an "appointment" - may take 50+ tries.

And, with the "new procedure" already somewhat backed up on scheduling pickup appointments for those who ALREADY have been granted renewals. Should take 5 minutes or less per, but they are already into (I think), after less than a day of this, late next week.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    It was the threat of losing in court after they promised they would reopen on December 7th. When they couldn't, they went to an email applications.
    Val W. Finnell, MD, MPH | Pennsylvania Director, Gun Owners of America | 703-321-8585

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Accepting is one thing, processing is another. Keep us posted.
    See my other post about the 45 day requirement. If they go past that, please let me know.
    Val W. Finnell, MD, MPH | Pennsylvania Director, Gun Owners of America | 703-321-8585

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    And what proof of residency did you use to get your (non real ID) Pa DL?

The best I remember was a guy with three different VALID PA DL*s all with slightly different info.

Its been awhile but I showed my DL since I wasn't flying REAL ID wasn't required as this is a federal requirement not state, also my DD214 which I haven't done again since the 1st time, I am fortunate enough as I never need a "REAL ID or Passport to fly since I have a DOD ID card till I take my dirt nap. My son is sending in his application according to the web site (Monroe County) all you submit is the DL and Application. Anything is forgeable if you know the right folks or fool the data entry system.

I will see how my sons application is handled and check back.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post

I may be wrong and often are but I thought the lawsuit was about those damn postcards with info anyone can see. I also think the new Sheriff is more friendly and follows the law better.

(Northampton County)

Philly will probably deny your LTCF if you had covid. If you weren't responsible enough to not get covid, how can you be responsible enough to carry a gun.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast