Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Ammo price gouging

Quote Originally Posted by Woodwanderer View Post
    Yesterday while I was at the Allentown show, I was seeing soft point ammo for 308/7.62 going for an average of $60+ per box...that*s just obscene. $3/round plus? No way...

There was one seller that had a box of reloaded LC with soft point and asking price was $50/20rd *sold as components only*
    That*s ridiculous. Anyone paying that much is a big part of the problem. If the market is willing to pay any price, the prices will continue to rise.

I got a .308 bolt for deer hunting last year. While I have a good stash of 7.62 ball, I never had any soft points. So when I went to get some ammo, guess what? Couldn*t find any anywhere.

After searching the LGS and the interwebz for a few weeks, and no luck in the classifieds, I finally found some Geco .170gr Teilmantel SPs. It was at Milwall and it only came in a case of 200 for $175. I wasn*t looking for that much but it was the only thing available. Plus, the price wasn*t bad, and in this climate, I figured the more the better. With shipping it was just under $1 a round which isn*t high for decent factory hunting rounds.

It took a week to get here and before it arrived, Natchez had some Federal Fusion 150 and 170 gr in stock for $27. I got a few boxes of that too. $5 a box rebate made it a bit more palatable.

I refresh my Natchez ammo search results page a few times a day. Once or twice a week, something pops up that I might be interested in. They are one of the few places that aren*t charging $1 or more for any caliber when it*s in stock. They never were the cheapest place around but prices are always fairly low. Service is always great, they don*t kill you on shipping and they ship it out fast.

Not everyone is trying to cash in on the ammo drought, but I think all the really good deals ended last summer.
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

(Bucks County)

Just checked and this popped up

Nosler Match Grade Handgun Ammo 9mm Luger 124 gr JHP 20/box $15.99

https://www.natchezss.com/nosler-mat...hp-20-box.html
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

(Lancaster County)

Some manufacturers are double dipping into the profit pool.
    As an example, Buffalo Bore is commanding high prices (not too unusual for them) but also wants $25 shipping whether it's for one box or four...

(Butler County)

Soon you'll see vending machines. Put a dollar in, get a bullet of your flavor. Don't laugh it might true

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    Two LGS are buying from their distributor brass cased 9mm at $25 a box of 50. They are selling it for $29 a box. That's hardly "price gouging" and they sell every box they get in.

Noah
    My LGS is charging $23/box of 50 S&B 9mm fmj. $25/box of 20 on federal 9mm hydra shock.

Pre panic pricing was $17-$19/box fmj, $23-$25 for hydra shock. Not a huge mark up, it’s what the market dictates. That being said, it’s rare to see him have any ammo in stock.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Woodwanderer View Post
    My LGS is charging $23/box of 50 S&B 9mm fmj. $25/box of 20 on federal 9mm hydra shock.

Pre panic pricing was $17-$19/box fmj, $23-$25 for hydra shock. Not a huge mark up, it*s what the market dictates. That being said, it*s rare to see him have any ammo in stock.

Yes. When we're out of stock we charge $13 for FMJ and $18 for Hydra Shock...

(Allegheny County)

I'd like to buy some silver for $6/oz too.

I put some ammo in the classifieds, and put a little thought into pricing.

When supplies are tight but the buyers are anxious, you have 2 main choices on pricing. Let's say you look around and 5.56 ammo on the Web is never below $0.90 per round, and goes up from there, and most places note that there is not stock on hand. People are apparently buying it at that price, when it's actually there for sale.

So you can sell your ammo at that price and sell to the final consumer.

Or you can knock the price down to $0.50 per round, and your buyer will be someone who wants to flip the ammo and sell it to the final consumers at $0.90 per round.

I'm not sure that any seller is obliged to sell to flippers at below market price, so that some other dude can grab the money you left on the table.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    I put some ammo in the classifieds, and put a little thought into pricing.

When supplies are tight but the buyers are anxious, you have 2 main choices on pricing. Let's say you look around and 5.56 ammo on the Web is never below $0.90 per round, and goes up from there, and most places note that there is not stock on hand. People are apparently buying it at that price, when it's actually there for sale.

So you can sell your ammo at that price and sell to the final consumer.

Or you can knock the price down to $0.50 per round, and your buyer will be someone who wants to flip the ammo and sell it to the final consumers at $0.90 per round.

I'm not sure that any seller is obliged to sell to flippers at below market price, so that some other dude can grab the money you left on the table.
    Another possibility is that your 50 cent ammo goes to a hoarder. The cheaper the ammo, the more likely it'll end up in a hoard. Either way, there's little chance of it going to someone who really needs it..

There is a current ad on the site for bricks of .22 ammo. Only one-hundred dollars each. People are nuts

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast