Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Re: PAFOA/PMSC Group Shoot #1 of 6 (2021) - Jan 1, 2021 (Near Pgh)

I got all the stuff loaded in the truck including the cooking stuff. Cindy has expressed she's getting tired of cooking all the time. So.... If anyone could pitch in with that it would be great. We'll be there early about 8:30 to start the set up if anyone wants to join in. We've had issues getting the gate locked open so anyone who is a member and sees people locked out please let them in. Many of you have my phone number and can call me to get someone down there. I'll do me best to get it locked open though.

Anyone who has cardboard for target backers please bring it. If we don't use it this time we can certainly use it in the future. We like to set up about 10 targets on the main bay.

I'll be providing steel targets for your use. These are my personal targets. I ask that you shoot them only with non magnum handgun calibers with lead cast or copper jacketed lead bullets only. Please no steel or frangible bullets or anything a magnet will stick to. No shotguns on the steel. Some/most pistol caliber carbines are okay, please ask! Make sure your're wearing eye protection as splash back is possible.

We like to start the safety briefing about 9:45. I'll start the side shoot around 11:30. The shoots have been traditionally 3 hours. Last year we kinda let them go on until they fizzle out on their own. This seemed to work well. I can stay late for this shoot so there is no real set time for it to end.

I've talked with a couple regulars about the side shoots for 2021. Due to the current ammunition situation we're considering going turkey shoots for the rest of the year. Boring maybe? But I don't want people to miss out on a shoot due to the lack of availability of ammo. I'd like some feedback on your thoughts about this.

Looking forward to seeing you guys!
    Last edited by pennlineman; December 30th, 2020 at 04:20 PM.
    2021 PMSC/PAFOA Group shoot dates here https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=366923

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by pennlineman View Post
    I got all the stuff loaded in the truck including the cooking stuff. Cindy has expressed she's getting tired of cooking all the time. So.... If anyone could pitch in with that it would be great. We'll be there early about 8:30 to start the set up if anyone wants to join in. We've had issues getting the gate locked open so anyone who is a member and sees people locked out please let them in. Many of you have my phone number and can call me to get someone down there. I'll do me best to get it locked open though.

Anyone who has cardboard for target backers please bring it. If we don't use it this time we can certainly use it in the future. We like to set up about 10 targets on the main bay.

I'll be providing steel targets for your use. These are my personal targets. I ask that you shoot them only with non magnum handgun calibers with lead cast or copper jacketed lead bullets only. Please no steel or frangible bullets or anything a magnet will stick to. No shotguns on the steel. Some/most pistol caliber carbines are okay, please ask! Make sure your're wearing eye protection as splash back is possible.

We like to start the safety briefing about 9:45. I'll start the side shoot around 11:30. The shoots have been traditionally 3 hours. Last year we kinda let them go on until they fizzle out on their own. This seemed to work well. I can stay late for this shoot so there is no real time for it to end.

I've talked with a couple regulars about the side shoots for 2021. Due to the current ammunition situation we're considering going turkey shoots for the rest of the year. Boring maybe? But I don't want people to miss out on a shoot due to the lack of availability of ammo. I'd like some feedback on your thoughts about this.

Looking forward to seeing you guys!
    I can cook. Was planning on bringing my charcoal grill along with some hot dogs and sausages.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by TooBigToFit View Post
    I can cook. Was planning on bringing my charcoal grill along with some hot dogs and sausages.
    Thank You!
    2021 PMSC/PAFOA Group shoot dates here https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=366923

(Allegheny County)

I got cardboard yesterday - about 8 targets worth.
    I'll try to get more today. (working)
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I got cardboard yesterday - about 8 targets worth.
    I'll try to get more today. (working)
    Good deal!

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Nope, your competitions are too good to give up. If anybody needs ammo to compete, I'd be happy to share, and I'm sure others would too. If you want to make it easier for people who are short on ammo, do more rimfire.

I can help with the bacon.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    Nope, your competitions are too good to give up. If anybody needs ammo to compete, I'd be happy to share, and I'm sure others would too. If you want to make it easier for people who are short on ammo, do more rimfire.

I can help with the bacon.
    I will not make this shoot unless a miracle happens between now and then...

First.. I have no problem helping cook , I think its only fair and maybe each shoot a different member cook or cook in shifts ??
    2nd.. While I agree the side shoots are great.. I will not be replacing ammo until things HOPEFULLY get back to somewhat normal .. and would feel like a mooch "Sharing" someones ammo... well maybe not Scruff's he must have a ton But I think its great for him to offer to those who wish to take him up on it..
    Last edited by JDA58; December 30th, 2020 at 09:45 PM.

(Allegheny County)

I have a huge, four foot square piece of cardboard.
    I want that one for my target!
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Jeez. Not ONLY did you SAY the "r" word - you posted a GRAPHIC about it!!!

Biggest r-word offense I've seen in years!

All your fault now if it happens!
    looking at the forecast for Friday...yep totally his fault! thanks scruff
    -Brandon

(Allegheny County)

sorry to say I have to work tomorrow. the next one, for sure! I'll request the day off WAY in advance

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast