Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default FFL: Thin Blue Line and interesting news for Delaware County

I stopped in at the Thin Blue Line today. FFL*s are one business that is not hurting. 10 cars out front and the longest I*ve ever had to wait there. I was still out quickly though.

I was talking to Joe*s son. Joe will be retiring and his son taking over the business. His plan is to open and in door shooting range in the Marple Industrial center (95%) likely or a small chance opening somewhere in Don Guanella. It will be called Main Line Tactical. It will be 10 25 yard lanes for tactical shooting. They will offer memberships and classes among other things. They will still transfer guns but out of the range building.... not the house any more. He said things are in motion and expects thing to be happening by late spring. I*m not sure if the business will be set up to go then or if that is when they will start setting up the business/range.

Also ffl transfer fees have gone up. If you are a long time customer you get the old fee of $30 until March. It will then be going up to $40 for all customers new and old. It*s currently $40 for new customers.

There*s probably a lot more, but I only had a couple of minutes to talk as they were busy as hell.

Default Re: FFL: Thin Blue Line and interesting news for Delaware County

Broomall is going to allow that? Shocked. I hope don guanella doesn't fall to progressiveness,
    we have enough upper darbys.

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Broomall is going to allow that? Shocked. I hope don guanella doesn't fall to progressiveness,
    we have enough upper darbys.
    Sounded like it was happening. Hopefully it does. They already have the ffl. Double action closing has left a void in Delaware county. Or going way back, Gordon's closing left a void.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    Sounded like it was happening. Hopefully it does. They already have the ffl. Double action closing has left a void in Delaware county. Or going way back, Gordon's closing left a void.
    Oh man. Gordon's is definitely going back a bit. Got my first hunting license there.

Sure do hope they manage to get that range up and running. I would love to have a local range.

(Delaware County)

Yes, it would be nice to see an indoor range in the eastern end of the county.
    As far as 40 dollar transfers and now sales tax on online purchases, does it still pay for internet transactions as opposed to going to local gun store?

Quote Originally Posted by c45man View Post
    Yes, it would be nice to see an indoor range in the eastern end of the county.
    As far as 40 dollar transfers and now sales tax on online purchases, does it still pay for internet transactions as opposed to going to local gun store?
    If I am being honest the $40 rubs me the wrong way. I started going there about 5 years ago when my old ffl died and it was $25. Apparently they have the business to sustain $40 but I ordered my last gun to be delivered elsewhere for slightly cheaper. At the rate it is going it won*t be worth it soon.

If I am being honest the $40 rubs me the wrong way. I started going there about 5 years ago when my old ffl died and it was $25. Apparently they have the business to sustain $40 but I ordered my last gun to be delivered elsewhere for slightly cheaper. At the rate it is going it won*t be worth it soon.
    Seems like hes trying to make a living off of just transfers. I doubt that will work.
    Once he opens the range/shop, it'll be too late. 40 bucks will seem cheap.

My FFL-in-a-shed has been and says he'll continue to be $30 a pop. Just visited him today, 3 other guys there, in and out in 20 minutes. I like to use the smaller guys every chance I get. He's doing transfers only, semi-retired, just receiving guns at this point. Nice thing is he's only doing it on nights and weekends, so you don't have to plan your work schedule around when he's open. Last gun I picked up was at noon on a sunday.

(Chester County)

RIP Dick

I believe Stars and Stripes tactical off of rt 3 is the new jam I think Shaun charges $25? Maybe less if you flash your nra card. I stopped giving them money after the bump stock bishi

The dealer I used to get my NFA stuff from (RIP) treated me really good with transfers.
    He transferred three pistols for my bro in law for 50 bucks.
    The guy around the corner wanted 175. This was about 8 years ago.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast